Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Periphery Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Josh C > Reviews

Browse

Josh C's Profile

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Josh C RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Nurse Hatty® Ketone Strips 125ct. Professional Grade to Benefit Your Ketogenic, Paleo, Atkins & Diabetic Diets + BONUS Ketone Script PDF Education Pack & Expanded Color Chart on Barrel.
Offered by Hatty.Inc
Price: $10.29

3.0 out of 5 stars Got a bad batch, March 11, 2016
Used the test strips for a week when I knew I was in ketosis but every time they would not change. Went back to ketostix brand which showed me in ketosis just fine

Update: Nurse Hatty gave me a refund and gave me a coupon to try another for free. The new strips worked just fine.

Update: These strips don't last long at all. They don't take long to expire at all and then they no longer function.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 12, 2016 6:03 AM PST

NVIDIA SHIELD - 4K HDR Streaming Media Player. Android TV. Great Gaming.
NVIDIA SHIELD - 4K HDR Streaming Media Player. Android TV. Great Gaming.
Price: $199.99
16 used & new from $180.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Hope this helps., January 19, 2016
Do you plan to use the Nvidia Shield TV for gaming?
-If you answered NO then the only reason you would buy this product is if you want 4k 60fps kodi.
If thats the case then congratulations on picking the nvidia shield tv because you don't really have an alternative aside from building an HTPC. If pass through doesn't work with your receiver try sideloading the expiremental build at http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252852

-If you answerered YES then I would only pick this product if you plan to make use of the gamestream feature and some of the tv streaming apps or 4k kodi. Do NOT purchase this product with the assumption that you are going to get some great gaming console with a ton of great games.

Some important things to be aware of:
At this time nvidia shield netflix audio will not transmit through your tv to a stereo receiver or soundbar as surround sound unless it supports EAC3 pass-through or EAC3 decode which almost all TVs do NOT. This normally wouldn't be a big deal because you would go through your receiver normally but since many people just got a 4k TV and still don't have a 4k compatible receiver they are passing through the audio through their TV to their receiver. The Roku4 has no such issue as you can set the Audio to Dolby D+, DTS and be fine.

Certain software titles have an issue with USB dongles being plugged in, it may be exclusive to logitech usb dongles I am not sure yet theres not enough information out there on this. If you are trying to use a gamepad compatible app and are having problems while a usb dongle is plugged in try unplugging it and restarting the nvidia shield and see if the problem goes away. So far Juju multiplayer and Meltdown are the only titles i've had problems with but i'm sure there are more.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 3, 2016 9:18 AM PST

Model: Polaris (5022) - Black Contemporary Leather Sectional Sofa
Model: Polaris (5022) - Black Contemporary Leather Sectional Sofa
Offered by Contemporary Plan
Price: $3,292.00
2 used & new from $3,292.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Comfortable., January 16, 2016
Not a comfortable sofa, cheap material, vinyl siding already cracking after a few months. Contemporary plan seller not replying to emails. This kind of couch may be useful for perhaps a waiting area in an office but not comfortable enough for long sitting sessions.

Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire TV
Price: $99.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Do you already have 1st gen amazon fire tv and want to know if you should upgrade?, November 8, 2015
This review is from: Amazon Fire TV (Electronics)
I'm going to keep this as a simple review and list the pros and cons vs the first model that im aware of. (Updated now that I have a 4k TV)

Pros:
-4K support (I dont have a 4k TV to test)
Update: I now have a 4k TV, works nicely but 4k menu didn't show up after setting up new tv, I had to go to Settings, My Account, Sync Amazon Content before the 4k menu popped up.
-Faster processor and GPU

Cons:
Update: WARNING aside from netflix i cannot get other apps like kodi to run at 4k resolution. no 4k playback on kodi. which means to my knowledge nvidia shield is the only device that can run kodi and netflix at 4k on the same system. I've placed an order for the nvidia shield so look for a review on that in the near future.

-Remote stops working out of the blue and you have to take the batteries out and put it back in. I have not had any trouble sliding the remote cover off as other reviewers have stated. (i think this is what some users are talking about when they say the amazon fire tv freezes because mine doesnt freeze at all. I know its my remote because I have a usb remote dongle I use with my logitech harmony)
-Newer version of plex may look nicer and supports surround sound better but requires transcoding for much much more content than plex I have running on first gen. So if you don't use surround sound and love plex stick to version 1.
-As far as I know not easy to root for more advance users but you can still sideload things like kodi. I am using FireStarter to launch sideload apps it seems to work nicely.
-Minor annoyance: power led indicator doesnt stay on showing you when unit is on and when its asleep but I can tell unit is going to sleep since it cuts video signal.
-Very Minor annoyance: does not seem to acknowledge my power off/on commands from my logitech harmony /w usb dongle like the old unit did. I have to hit another button to wake up the amazon fire tv.
-Remote doesn't always transmit what I say.
Things to note:
-I have no issues with surround sound they must have patched in fixes already.
-Alexa has several missing features, i dont really find her to be all that useful.
-I personally use amazon fire TV because I love the fact that it allows for screen size adjustments because I have one of those old Mitsubishi DLP TVs. If I didn't require the whole screensize adjustments things I think I would gone with Roku. I did try a Roku briefly and liked it but without the screen adjustment options I had to send it back.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 1, 2016 5:30 PM PST

DecoBros Mesh Desk Organizer with Double Tray and 5 Upright Sections
DecoBros Mesh Desk Organizer with Double Tray and 5 Upright Sections
Offered by DecoBros Direct
Price: $22.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, April 7, 2015
I am currently using this product as a modem/router rack. It seems like a good stable product. I have attached a picture.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 19, 2016 12:20 PM PST

ASUS (RT-AC68U) Wireless-AC1900 Dual-Band Gigabit Router
ASUS (RT-AC68U) Wireless-AC1900 Dual-Band Gigabit Router
Price: $156.49
142 used & new from $121.28

2.0 out of 5 stars Do not purchase for dual wan features., March 31, 2015
Horrible failover mode for dual wan which is the main purpose I bought this router. Sure if you literally unplug the ethernet port it will switch over but as far as the watchdog checking connection? doesnt even work. Asus network support is by far the worst support I have encountered recently. I submitted a ticket to networking_support@asus.com and the next day they responded with a disclaimer. I responded to the disclaimer and 8 days later I get a response asking me things like my name address number model firmware os and issue.

If you are just looking at this product for wifi speed then i'm sure its fine but if you want fancy dual wan features stay away. Since I only needed dual wan I went with the peplink balance 20 but it doesn't have built in wifi.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 7, 2015 1:13 PM PDT

iBOLT xProDock Active Car Dock/Holder/Mount for Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, Note 2 & Note 3 with aux-out to car-speakers. Works with ALL Cases and extended Batteries.
Offered by wireless accessories
Price: $27.99
9 used & new from $14.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work all the time..., June 27, 2013
I sent iBolt 2 different emails at the end of may and never got a response from them. My product does not work all the time. Sometimes I just have to unplug it and replug it via the mini usb but sometimes it won't work at all until I unplug it from the car cig socket and then plug it into the mini usb. Sometimes I can plug it back in to charge and the music will continue playing through the speakers and sometimes when I plug it back in the music goes back out of the handset. Its very strange.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 3, 2013 11:59 AM PDT

KaysCase Slim Hard Shell Cover Case for Samsung Galaxy S4 SIV S IV Smart Phone (BLACK)
Offered by Kay's Technology

3.0 out of 5 stars I have no grip with the case on., May 1, 2013
It looks nice and seems like it would protect the phone from scratches and what not but I think I am at least twice as likely to drop the phone with the case on because it has no traction to it.

If I grip the phone loosely it will start sliding right out of my hand.

Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T-B1-GR 10.1-Inch 32GB Tablet (Amethyst Gray)
Offered by GOSAVER
Price: $269.99
56 used & new from $100.25

3.0 out of 5 stars Bad WIFI, disconnects when using wireless-N., November 23, 2012
There is a 9 page thread on xda developers about the wifi dropping. I have tried 2 asus transformer infinity tablets so far and both of them experience the issue. The issue is that anytime you do something thats very packet heavy for example using Splashtop remote desktop at high resolution it will drop the wifi connection. Some people say its an incompatibility with several routers. I am using an ASUS RT-N16 with Tomato firmware. I have several other android devices and laptops and these 2 asus transformer infinity tablets are the only devices that lose connection.

For the typical user you may never experience this but for those that are doing something like constantly using splashtop remote desktop and connecting via wireless-n then you may experience disconnects. Changing the router to Wireless-G only resolves the issue but of course my speed is brought down.

I think everything else about the tablet has been pretty much covered in other reviews. Oh I want to remind everyone that if they plan to Root or Unlock then do so before doing any firmware updates. Use Rootkeeper to keep root between firmware updates.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 25, 2012 9:17 AM PST

ASUS VS278Q-P 27" Full HD  1920x1080 1ms DisplayPort HDMI VGA Back-lit LED Monitor
ASUS VS278Q-P 27" Full HD 1920x1080 1ms DisplayPort HDMI VGA Back-lit LED Monitor
Price: $209.00
133 used & new from $159.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than I expected it to be., November 10, 2012
First let me start off by saying I have never used one of the expensive IPS monitors so my opinions will be based on my experience with other non-IPS monitors. This is a 1 day review...normally I wait a while longer but this product has no reviews so I thought it needed something.

Pros:
-Fairly accurate colors out of the box. Perhaps a little on the faded side, setting monitor to scenery mode makes it slightly more saturated than a calibrated monitor (which looks great in colorful video games.
-Low Price
-Good OSD menu
-Easily accessible connections

Cons:
-Did not come with an HDMI - HDMI cable.
-Documentation could be better.
-Speakers are weak but i've never heard of a monitor with great speakers.

Thinks to note:
-There is a plastic notch on the rim where the monitor meets the base so pay attention when you are attaching the base because the notch must go in first then you can worry about the 2 pegs and the screw.
-The button next to power will cycle the modes between VGA,HDMI,HDMI2,DisplayPort so if you don't get video when you first turn on the computer try that.

The last monitor I bought from amazon was the Viewsonic VX2739WM and this monitor blows it away easily. I spent days calibrating that viewsonic and this one I turned it on and was impressed by how close it was.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 10, 2015 10:40 AM PST

Page: 1 | 2