ARRAY(0xa02943fc)

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Karels RSS Feed (U.S.)

Samsung UN40EH5000 40-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV (Black)
Samsung UN40EH5000 40-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV (Black)
Price: Click here to see our price
28 used & new from $360.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, solid TV., February 11, 2012
I received this TV yesterday to add a TV for our bedroom. I own another Samsung LCD so I knew I would be happy with this one.

Since it was going into the bedroom, it didn't need to be fancy or have all the bells and whistles. I figure I'll add a Roku or Apple TV to it and be all set.

While this TV is LED, it's not as thin as you're used to seeing. I believe it's just over three inches thick in the rear, but it has a very thin bezel up front. It has minimal connections in back, but all I'll ever use is HDMI, so that doesn't concern me. Picture quality out-of-the-box is great and became even nicer with a little tweaking. That's usually the first thing I do is try to eyeball calibrate it at first. It's too new to have any good calibration settings posted on the net; I figure I'll use last year's 'D' model as a guideline and wait until settings are posted. I did not notice any flash-lighting with this model -- something that plagued last year's 'D' lineup. I have yet to play any 1080p material on this to really test it (only watched a few minutes of HDTV ((720p)) broadcasts), so I'll update this post when I do.

Note this year's 'EH' line is Samsung's basic model lineup, with the 'ES' being the more expensive, feature-laden models. This is a great set if you want a basic, quality LED with a nice pricepoint.

EDIT 3/5/2012: Update 1080p content. I've set up my streaming process to this TV with some 1080p material and it is gorgeous. We recently watched Toy Story on this set, and I was blown away by the color depth and detail this TV displayed. A small caveat: with all TVs, the speakers could use some improvement. Set on the 'standard' audio output, the sound is fine. If you set it to 'music' or 'movie', the audio sounds much better, but can rattle the TV's enclosure if the volume is set high.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 27, 2012 10:54 AM PST

The Shawshank Redemption
The Shawshank Redemption
DVD ~ Tim Robbins
Offered by SOUTHWEST MEDIA
Price: $7.18
342 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Shawshank - one of the best films ever, January 25, 2000
This review is from: The Shawshank Redemption (DVD)
This film is truly amazing. It really shows the ability of the human spirit. Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman are flawlessly cast together as true friends and depict real kindred spirits.
The movie is full of rich detail and sound in every scene, it's guaranteed to encompass your attention. Very few movies have a plot as deep, emotional, and thought-provoking as The Shawshank Redemption. I recommend this film to any movie buff who can "truly understand" a film's true meaning.
The DVD portrayal is excellent. With sharp picture quality and intense sound, especially on a Dolby Digital 5.1 system, this movie is a definate "must have" for any movie lover.