Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports
Profile for G. Zuniga > Reviews

Browse

G. Zuniga's Profile

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

G. Zuniga RSS Feed (San Juan, Puerto Rico United States)

Planet Earth: The Complete BBC Series [Blu-ray]
Planet Earth: The Complete BBC Series [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ David Attenborough
Price: $71.13
76 used & new from $1.98

1.0 out of 5 stars A very unfair rate...blame it on the industry!, January 24, 2010
Just in case, my 2 star rate is exclusively for the Blu-Ray product.

The Blu-Ray boxset comes with 4 discs that contains the 11 episodes that encompasses the complete series of planet earth.
If i had to rate the visual content of this series is 5 stars all the way, hands down.

As many other reviews, my discontent is the omission of special features.

I had a friend that lend me his planet earth DVD boxset and I just finished watching the bonus feature The Future which has 3 episodes: Saving Species, Into the Wilderness and Living Together each almost an hour length. In a nutshell, this amazing documentary is very informative and brings powerful ecological issues from very well educated people. Many of the concerns are going to be dealt directly by you and me, we need this education...why did they not include such an important documentary in the Blu Ray version!!

In a way I know the answer, I've seen how it works. I've been collecting movies since late 90's: I've bought DVD's that I had VHS versions before, I experienced the WB larger DVD's cases that were later changed for the standard size cases, or the "flip side" movies (first version of Goodfellas, Sleepers, A Time to Kill), the Special Editions, Limited Editions, Ultimate Editions, etc etc...believe me, I've done my share. Now seeing the same pattern in the Blu Rays discs (where "lack of space" is not an excuse) is really irritating.

It is a shame that this highly praised series (with their sophisticated message and the contribution to the appreciation/ preservation to the environment) fell in the industry abusive discipline in continuing exploiting the customers pockets...for me is somewhat contradictory to the essence of the series.

Don't be surprise when people decide to copy a special feature disc like this one, or should they sit and wait for the super mega edition boxset! Instead of spending millions in marketing for anti-piracy campaigns, concentrate in your loyal customers by making the most complete and comprehensive possible product in the original date of release.

Thanks for reading this.

UPDATE (January 27th): now that I saw the 10 minute behind the scenes on EACH episode on the DVD boxset I'm really pissed...this is amazing footage that was completely cut out from the Blu-Ray as well. Get this: these behind the scenes are an extra chapter (last chapter) within each episode which means they deliberately took them out for the blu-ray edition (as well as taking out the 5th disc - special feature the future)...que cojones man!!!

I'm sorry, I'm changing my vote to 1 star.
Comment Comments (37) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 11, 2015 6:44 AM PST

Demas Es Plastico V2.0
Demas Es Plastico V2.0
Price: $14.86
16 used & new from $7.18

5.0 out of 5 stars The Beggining of Something Big..., June 23, 2008
This review is from: Demas Es Plastico V2.0 (Audio CD)
Lo Demas Es Plástico, 2-time Grammy nominee (US & Latin) is the excellent debut album of the Puerto Rican rock band black:guayaba.
Just the fact that it was nominated for the two Grammy ceremonies (eventually along with the 2nd album), probably an unprecedented event, should draw attention.
But awards and recognition aside, this album is an exquisite treat of music that I hope you can enjoy!

No Hay Espacio
No Hay Espacio
Offered by CAC Media
Price: $9.99
17 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The Band of the Moment..., June 23, 2008
This review is from: No Hay Espacio (Audio CD)
the 2nd album of black:guayaba delivers from beginning to end; Grammy Winner No Hay Espacio is a great mixture of solid rock and mellow tunes with contagious lyrics that will most likely have you singing and humming for quite some time.
my favorite song is "tu prision" which (actually) is probably the song less promoted when playing live...is that good of an album!

Sesion Futura
Sesion Futura
DVD ~ Lucybell

5.0 out of 5 stars Must-Have DVD for any fan, October 28, 2003
This review is from: Sesion Futura (DVD)
Even if you have the 18-track cd, buy this dvd!!!
The picture and sound quality is really great.
If you have gotten the chance to see LCBL live this dvd will bring you a lot of memories. Specially if you saw them in their Sesion Futura tour as I did.
The extras were really great. You can see some behind the scenes and featurettes, plus music videos for the sesion futura promotional campaign. The menus are interactive and w/ music.
I would have rather seen past videos from the first 4 albums (peces, viajar, lcbl, amancece).
Other to this, overall it is a awesome DVD.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 7, 2011 11:21 PM PDT