Profile for Akimball > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Akimball RSS Feed (Philadelphia)

Scotch Thermal Laminator 2 Roller System (TL901)
Scotch Thermal Laminator 2 Roller System (TL901)
Price: $29.99
49 used & new from $22.49

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, September 25, 2011
I am pleasantly surprised to say that this product works, and at such a great price. I have had it for about a year now, and have just taken it out of the package. I used to work at Staples, so was very reluctant to see the quality of seal this product would give me, compared to what I was used to. But, I have to say it again, WOW! I just put through the two test sheets with my recipe cards and they went through smoothly (was worried that you put the actual sheet through alone and not in a cover) and came out in under 10 seconds with a clear seal. As long as you don't cut on the seal (leave about a 1/4 inch around the edge) the seal should hold just fine for normal wear and tear. My only complaint is that the pouches provided were thin, but the booklet says you can use up to a 10ml pouch which I will be getting today. Overall, a great product and I am thrilled to have a product that saves me trips back and forth to the store (and a lot of money doing it myself) to laminate my recipe cards and items for my classroom. Try it out, you won't be sorry!

As to the people who said they had bubbles, your laminator may be too hot. I suggest letting it cool off, or using a cover to enclose your pouches to take away some of the heat. You may also be using the wrong ml sheet for the items you are laminating. Try putting the sheets through a second time, this may also get rid of the bubbles. As for the white foggy marks that some of you are seeing, this means that the machine isn't hot enough. You may have to change the setting and/or run the sheet through 2-3 times. If the foggy parts are off to the corners or center of the objects, it shouldn't affect your seal. But, I recommend running the pouches through again before you try to cut out your pieces and i.e. if the foggy part is on the seal, it may not be entirely sealed, running it through again after the machine is hotter should clear up the issue.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 31, 2014 7:24 AM PDT

Deluxe Halloween Witch 41 Broomstick Costume Accessory
Deluxe Halloween Witch 41 Broomstick Costume Accessory
Offered by Yagoozon
Price: $8.99
12 used & new from $3.46

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Waste Your Money!!!, September 14, 2010
I purchased this broom as an accessory for my witch costume. I looked carefully at all of the reviews of this and other brooms and found this to be the best. Boy was I wrong! It shipped fast, but upon opening thethe package, I noticed that the broom is extremely short not nearly the 41" that was advertised. The bristles were very bare and when I took it out of the box the handle fell off of the bristles! The handle will not go back on because of how the bristles were bound at the top and the seller does not accept returns! Thank goodness this wasn't too expensive, but the quality and durability won't even last 5 minutes, let alone a Halloween night, whether you are an adult or a child. I am very disappointed with this product. I gave this product one star because a half star or no star was not an option! I will not be shopping with this seller again!!!