Profile for Rebecca > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Rebecca RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Infantino Happy Hold Car Seat Arm Cushion
Infantino Happy Hold Car Seat Arm Cushion
Price: $9.99
5 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good cushion and doesn't slip, March 3, 2014
I received this product several weeks ago and have been using it for the last 2 weeks. So far it has held up great. My favorite thing about it is that it doesn't really move once in place so I'm not worried about it slipping while carrying my child's car seat. It's sturdy and really easy to just wipe clean. It's a little wide for the handle on the car seat I use, but I have had no trouble squishing it to make it fit. It has not hindered the use at all. The amount of cushion is just right as well. For this product I can't think of anything that might be improved upon. I guess other products might be softer but I think you'll have to weigh what's most important...softness or how easy it is to clean.

I have received the Neoprene Necessities product line from Infantino to facilitate my review.

Fisher-Price Little People Disney 2 Pack: Belle and Beast
Fisher-Price Little People Disney 2 Pack: Belle and Beast
Price: $7.99
40 used & new from $5.53

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute addition to princesses, February 24, 2013
This is a super cute addition to the princess castle and my daughter loves playing with all the princesses (she's 2 1/2). It definitely her favorite overall toy. Belle says three phrases and sings "Tale as Old as Time" but the beast only plays the general dance music that plays when you spin the rose bush back and forth. That's a bit disappointing. My daughter also doesn't play with the beast much but since she plays with the other male characters, I'm assuming the beast is just a bit scary looking for her. I know they have the beast in human form as well so just keep that in mind when buying. She recognizes him as the beast only in the beast form so I don't think it's a problem, she just doesn't play with him as much :-)

Adora Playtime Baby Doll 13-Inch Light Skintone Blue Eyes Pink Romper
Adora Playtime Baby Doll 13-Inch Light Skintone Blue Eyes Pink Romper
Price: $25.27
20 used & new from $25.06

4.0 out of 5 stars A Sweet Baby Doll, January 10, 2013
I cannot tell you how much research went into purchasing this doll. This was a Christmas present for my 2 1/2 year old that wanted another doll but already had several. Her favorite has been the Jenna Doll from Melissa and Doug. I was afraid I wasn't going to find a better doll for her than that one. I wouldn't say this is better than the Jenna Doll, but it was still a good buy.

The coloring is a bit different than her other dolls, but I would not call it deadish as other reviewers. It's darker than my light Caucasian skin but not tan. This doll has drawn on eyebrows and real-ish eyelashes. Her eyes do not open and close which was a downside for me, but they are still sweet. Her thumb and bottle fit easily into her mouth and her hands and feet are in sweet positions. In my opinion, her body is a little overstuffed and the way her arms are attached to her body is a bit weird. I will be uploading photos to the product page so you can see what the body looks like. The body material is shiny, smooth, and soft. I haven't washed anything yet but I think I would be afraid of her eyelashes coming off. She has beans weighing her bottom down she it adds a bit of weight (though not as heavy as the Jenna Doll by Melissa and Doug) and she is able to sit on her own. She has a tiny hint of a scent but it's not bad at all and I don't notice it that much.

Overall I like this doll and would purchase it again but if I only gave my daughter one doll, I think I would go with Melissa and Doug's Jenna, personally. However, this doll is bigger than that one which will be nice for larger toddlers. It's a fine doll with a sweet expression and my daughter really likes to play with her. Since my daughter loves her that's all that matters.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 20, 2014 8:00 AM PDT

Melissa & Doug Jenna - 12" Doll
Melissa & Doug Jenna - 12" Doll
Offered by Buy 4 Less UK
Price: $22.55
44 used & new from $18.00

5.0 out of 5 stars My Daughter Loves This Doll!, January 10, 2013
This doll was purchased for my daughter's Christmas present when she was 18 months old. She is now 2 1/2 and still plays with this doll. I do not understand the complaint of the smell as I had absolutely no problem with it and thought it smelled nice. A year later it still smells but only if you hold it directly to your nose. The pacifier and thumb easily go in the mouth and the clothes are easily washed. The sleeves of the outfit come about 3/4 of the way down and after multiple washes the velcro of the outfit continues to work wonderfully. The eyes open and close and though they do not close tightly, it's enough that it's not a problem. The lashes on the eye also add to the sweetness of this doll. This doll has a soft body with beading in bottom for a heavier feel and also giving it the ability to sit up with a little adjusting. The arms and legs are plastic almost all the way up to the shoulders and hips respectively. The size of this doll is perfect and is not at all too small for my petite 2 1/2 year old. She has a nice weight that makes her feel a bit more realistic without being too heavy. I just love this doll and would have no problem at all recommending her to others. I would definitely buy her again and am so glad we received this gift!

Fisher-Price Little People Disney Princess: Ariel's Coach
Fisher-Price Little People Disney Princess: Ariel's Coach
Price: $19.99
44 used & new from $9.67

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining though maybe overpriced, January 10, 2013
We purchased this toy recently at Target for my 2 1/2 year old. She already had the Little People Castle so we thought this would pair with it nicely. It has certainly done that and we have no regrets in the purchase, although it might be a bit pricey for what you get.

There is no assembly required and the toy comes with batteries, which is always nice. When Sebastian is pressed you will hear a bubbling noise, a portion of "Under the Sea" (not sung by the original voice but not too far off), another bubbling noise, and a short instrumental segment from "Under the Sea." Not much to really brag about, but my daughter seems to still enjoy it. The wheel under the sea horse moves up and down a bit to give the illusion of swimming, though I don't think it really adds much. The biggest complaint is that Ariel and Eric sit loosely in the carriage and therefore bounce all around or fall off when going for a ride. So if there are to stay in place the carriage must move slowly.

When paired with the castle, Ariel has 3 sayings and a portion of the song "Part of Your World." Eric simply plays the dance music. Because all the technology part is on the castle itself, Ariel and Eric can be submerged in water like the other Little People which is nice so my daughter can make Ariel "swim." It's kind of weird that Ariel is in her mermaid form on this since Eric looks all princely, but I guess it is a nice option to have since you can purchase the two by themselves with Ariel in her human form.

Overall, my daughter loves this toy and will play with them in the carriage (the carriage is rarely left out of playtime) and even makes her other princesses ride in the carriage all together. Even knowing what I know now, I would purchase this item again since my daughter really enjoys it and wouldn't mind recommending it to others who want to add to their castle collection. However, by itself with no castle to add to, it might lose its charm after a time.

Fisher-Price Little People Disney Princess Songs Palace
Fisher-Price Little People Disney Princess Songs Palace
Offered by CarAly Enterprises
Price: $64.96
56 used & new from $58.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps my toddler entertained, January 10, 2013
We purchased this for my 2 1/2 year daughter for Christmas. Getting it together took a little elbow grease but nothing you can't handle with a screw driver. Just be sure to follow the steps in the instructions and don't assume you can do it visually :-) Each princess has 3 sayings and a song when pressed into the middle of the castle. It comes with Cinderella and Snow White and then we purchased Rapunzel, Tiana, and the Little Mermaid carriage and characters. None of the voices actually belong to the character in the movie but Rapunzel, Tiana, and Ariel come kinda close. The real disappointment is that Snow White sings some random song that is nowhere to be found in the actual movie. It's a little odd. But while the voices bother me by not being the originals, my daughter isn't at all deterred by this.

The sounds are activated by different shapes on the bottom of the Little People which push the tiny buttons on the pedestal in different combinations. So the Little Princesses/princes can be submerged in water without damaging them. The princes do not have special sayings but simply activate the same music that is heard when you make the characters dance by moving the flower bush back and forth. The only other sounds are heard from opening and closing the front doors and pushing the tea pot (it alternates between bird sounds and a teapot whistling). Just in case you're curious, Snow White sings a random song, Cinerella sings a portion of "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes," Rapunzel sings a portion of "I See the Light," Tiana sings a portion of "Almost There," Ariel sings a portion of "Part of Your World," and through simply pressing various combinations I learned that Belle sings a portion of "Tale as Old as Time," Jasmine sings a portion of "A Whole New World," and Aurora sings a portion of "I Know You."

The castle is pretty sturdy and I'm not at all worried that it will easily break. The flags at the top are easily removed so I often find them lying around the house, but nothing seems easily broken. The left side balcony can be moved up and down like an elevator and is pretty impossible for my toddler to lift on her own. So that is only moved when I'm playing with her. She'll learn eventually how to use it, but for now it has not moved much.

Overall, my daughter loves this toy and is constantly playing with the little people. She does not always use the castle when she plays, but it is definitely used. Her favorite feature is making the princesses sing their songs. She is even learning the words and will sing along. It's a great toy for her to play with by herself as it has just enough sounds to aid in her imaginative play without replacing her imagination. But with all the room and princess options, it also makes it easier for me to play with her. It's a good size without taking too much room and can definitely grow with her for a couple of years. Especially since you can add princesses/princes to it.

In conclusion, I would definitely feel comfortable recommending this toy (even with the different voices) to any princess lover. I am pleased with the purchase and would buy again.

Sony DCR-DVD108 DVD Handycam Camcorder with 40x Optical Zoom
Sony DCR-DVD108 DVD Handycam Camcorder with 40x Optical Zoom
Offered by Summit Electronics
Price: $589.99
25 used & new from $100.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay but..., July 9, 2012
For general things this video camera was just okay. The quality was not what I thought it would be and it is difficult to transfer video to an editing software and then onto a DVD. Many times my video file will say it's corrupt. One thing I noticed in multiple reviews is the camera saying the disc is unreadable or whatnot. I learned early on if you stop recording and then start recording again before the disc at the top right of your screen stops spinning, it will corrupt the disc. Several times of doing this on one disc and you will lose all footage. I learned this while videoing in Europe. A hard lesson to learn. Just be sure to wait until the disc stops spinning before turning off the camera and before recording again. Bottom line, we bought this several years ago, now there are equal quality cameras for much cheaper.

What's the Magic Word?
What's the Magic Word?
by Kelly DiPucchio
5 used & new from $4.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute story and easy to read!, April 15, 2012
This review is from: What's the Magic Word? (Hardcover)
We just brought home this book from the library and I was pleasantly surprised at how fun it was to read. My almost 2 year old listened through the whole thing and seemed to enjoy the rhyming and melodic words. The illustrations were super cute and colorful. I even enjoyed reading it. We are now off to find our own copy. I look forward to finding other books from this author.

PowerDirector 8 Deluxe
PowerDirector 8 Deluxe

2.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use...IF it works, March 25, 2012
This review is from: PowerDirector 8 Deluxe (CD-ROM)
Let me be clear, the ONLY reason I give this 2 stars is because IF it works, it is easy to use and figure out. It has lots of options for a novice video editor (or even intermediate) and I sincerely wish it worked. Now, for the other part. Overall I loath this program because it constantly crashes. I have produced over 50 projects using this program and have never completed a project without Power Director stopping at least once. If it does work, it often gets hung up so I can click on something once every 3-5 minutes while I wait for it to catch up. I have used this product on Windows Vista and currently on Windows 7. I have had it on a HP media laptop and a Toshiba 64-bit laptop. I have used Power Director 7 AND Power Director 8. All with the same results. I have downloaded all the "patches" and talked with customer service. Nothing. I use this only because it's all I have and cannot afford to update to a different program at this time. I would not recommend this product to anyone. If this is all you can get, I make one suggestion...save your projects every 15 seconds because you never know when it will crash...and gather A LOT of patience. It can be working great, fast, and wonderfully one minute, and the next completely crash and shut down on you. If you can find/afford something else, do it.

Homespun Bride
Homespun Bride
Offered by Harlequin Digital Sales Corp.
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good light read, September 30, 2011
This review is from: Homespun Bride (Kindle Edition)
I found this book very entertaining. I can see how some people would call it predictable, but when I just want to read without much thought, it is sometimes nice to have predictable endings. However, I did not find the particulars of the story predictable. The main characters are interesting and fun to read about and the wording the author chooses is easy to follow and relate to. Overall, for a free book especially, I enjoyed this book and would recommend it to anyone looking for a light read.

Page: 1 | 2