Profile for SuperMom > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

SuperMom RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Holmes Heater with Programmable Timer & Bathroom Safe Plug, HFH436WGL-UM
Holmes Heater with Programmable Timer & Bathroom Safe Plug, HFH436WGL-UM
Price: $34.99
89 used & new from $24.79

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Gift Ever!, March 21, 2015
I received the heater as a gift over a year ago and I love it. We mounted it beside the toilet (across from the shower). I set the unit to turn on about 5 minutes before my alarm clock so the bathroom is warm and toasty when I get up. Having a warmer bathroom also helps reduce condensation on the mirrors.

Hoover Platinum Collection LiNX Cordless Pet Handheld Vacuum, BH50030
Hoover Platinum Collection LiNX Cordless Pet Handheld Vacuum, BH50030
Price: $116.99
10 used & new from $93.59

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE - This does NOT pick up pet hair!, December 14, 2012
As a small battery-powered hand vacuum, this is a very nice little product. HOWEVER, I purchased it to clean up dog and cat hair off of surface areas like the sofa, pillows, quilts, etc. The brush rotates just fine until it touches a surface. So, it simply doesn't pick up any hair. I just called Hoover Customer Service and was told that the brush is powered by the air and is not intended to rotate when it touches something. I'm not sure who the idiot is ... the person who designed it, the people who are marketing it as a "Pet Hand Vacuum", or me for thinking it would work!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 20, 2013 2:30 PM PST

Fido's Fences Brand Batteries FF67 5-Pack
Fido's Fences Brand Batteries FF67 5-Pack

1.0 out of 5 stars "Cheaper" isn't worth it, November 10, 2012
A couple weeks ago we installed one of these "compatible" batteries as a replacement in a PetSafe dog collar. This morning we found the battery on the ground--in pieces. It simply fell apart and fell out of the collar. It cannot be snapped back together. I am very disappointed in this product. It is not only less expensive than the name brand, but "cheaper" as well. Under some circumstances this is understandable, but certainly not when my dog's safety is at stake.

Hitachi DS18DSAL 18-Volt 1/2-Inch Lithium-Ion Cordless Drill/Driver (Includes 2 Batteries + Flashlight)
Price: $139.99
26 used & new from $75.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Both batteries DOA, October 2, 2012
Neither battery would take a charge. Hitachi customer service said it had been sitting in warehouse too long and they needed to be "reset". However, I was to pay all shipping for warranty service. So I called CPO (the shipper) and they will be sending a label for return. I will never buy another Hitachi tool again. Stick with DeWalt. More money but worth it.

dbest 00-015 Quik Cart Xtra
dbest 00-015 Quik Cart Xtra
Price: $61.41

1.0 out of 5 stars Heavy Duty ... Yeah, right!, December 9, 2010
I purchased this item directly from Duluth Trading via the Amazon link. I expected the cart to be sturdy and strong enough to carry paperwork to and from work. I'm a teacher and occasionally bring home several workbooks, notebooks or files. Here's the manufacturer's description (my comments added) ...

At a glance:
*Carries up to 150 lbs. of gear (on the moon maybe)
*Folds flat and stores almost anywhere (if you can get it to open and close)
*Constructed of lightweight yet rugged aluminum and heavy-duty polypropylene (that breaks off in pieces. Oh, and where's the aluminum?)
*Smooth-rolling in-line skate wheels (that won't go over grass or stone)
*Retractable handle (it retracts all right ... constantly!)
*May be used as seat or stepstool, with lid that supports up to 350 lbs. (and falls off with the slightest touch--I'm not going try standing on that thing!)
*Sized to hold standard legal-size hanging files (that won't slide and constantly get stuck under the lip edge)
*Locks open or closed (if you can get it all the way open and slide the flimsy plastic "lock" into place)

I have tried numerous times in the past week to contact the vendor via e-mail ... still haven't received a reply. I'm not shipping this d*#@ thing back until they pay the postage! I'll stop payment on the credit card first.

Ducky Toothbrush Holder
Ducky Toothbrush Holder

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable! You'd better shop around ... $$$$$, September 29, 2010
This review is from: Ducky Toothbrush Holder
Well-made, cute product. However, Amazon price is outrageous! Definitely NOT worth over $12, let alone $35+. But, for the price I paid from another website, I'm very satisfied. BTW, the suction cups are definitely strong enough.

Mini Rubber Ducks 18ct
Mini Rubber Ducks 18ct
Offered by Novelty Place
Price: $8.07
14 used & new from $8.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Cute, September 20, 2010
This review is from: Mini Rubber Ducks 18ct (Toy)
I bought these little guys to help decorate our newly remodeled "rubber ducky" bathroom. They're extremely cute and just the right size--very small. I'll be stringing them up as part of a bead and ribbon curtain for a small linen cabinet.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable!, September 20, 2010
I wasn't sure if I was going to like the design with the "top of the head chopped off" look. In person, it's very cute. Looks great in our new "rubber ducky" bathroom.

Levi's Big Boys' Braided Elastic Web Belt
Levi's Big Boys' Braided Elastic Web Belt
Price: $9.99 - $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Belt, September 20, 2010
It looks nice and stretches just enough to be quite comfortable. We bought both khaki and black. My son loves them. It would be nice if there were a waist size chart, though. We got lucky with the medium. My son's got about a 24" waist.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 16, 2011 4:16 PM PDT

Dickies Big Boys' Pleated Front Pant
Dickies Big Boys' Pleated Front Pant
Price: $14.59 - $22.97

3.0 out of 5 stars Dickies Sizing is Very Strange!, September 20, 2010
A few weeks ago I ordered some Dickies school pants for my son in a size 8 slim. They ran EXTREMELY small and slim. So, I sent those back and ordered three other pairs--different sizes and styles trying to find something to fit. My son is really a very normal-sized kid and we've never had trouble fitting clothes to him before. First we tried the 'flex waist' size 8 ... WAY too tight in the waist with the adjustment all the way out. The length was good, though. Next we tried the pleated front size 10. WAY too big everywhere--waist, seat, and length. I had also ordered an 8 husky in case the 8 regular was too small. Well, the husky was HUGE! My son thinks they need to make a size 9! I agree.Dickies Boys 8-20 Pleated Front Pant - School UniformDickies Boys 8-20 Flex Waist Flat Front Pant - School Uniform

As for the quality ... they seem very well made and durable. I just wish he could wear them!

Page: 1 | 2