Profile for A Hot Whizzer Summer... > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 125

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

A Hot Whizzer Summer... RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
Gumdrop Cases for 10-Inch Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10 - Drop Series - Black (DT10-SAM3-BLK)
Price: $59.95
8 used & new from $39.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Alright, but very pricey., August 6, 2014
The gumdrop samsung tab 3 case is sufficient. For whatever reason, at the time of purchase, I wasn't able to get an otterbox. They simply didn't make a 10 inch otter box and I found that exceptionally frustrating. Therefore, I looked for an adequate replacement, and that's where this one comes along.

The first thing to note is that the gumdrop is a very solid and sturdy case. It has a hard component and a soft rubber component and both are well built and very sturdy. This will keep your tablet very safe. The hard cover snaps onto the front of the tablet (it is perfectly molded to snap on, so I find it very unlikely there is much in the ways of universal fitting here) and then the soft rubber fits around the back.

The first unfortunate thing about the gumdrop is that there is no stand or even an opportunity for a stand. The awkward ruffled effect and the thickness of this case makes 99% of stands you could buy useless. As of right now, I still haven't found one that works.

The second issue with the tablet comes architecturally. They make a few design decisions that don't make a whole lot of sense. For example, they have holes on the sides for the speakers... but don't make them large enough to open the entire speaker, partially blocking them. They leave extra space so that the word "samsung" isn't obscured... but they don't put a hole for the microphone, so that gets covered up. This doesn't make the microphone useless... but I don't know what the effect of plastic over it leaves on the sound. They do leave a hole for the infrared port though, which was nice to see since my last one did not.

It comes with a "hard" style cover for the screen... so while there is no lid like the defender series otter box to prevent any impact damage, there is at least protection from scratches. It's the thicker style screens that do not rest against the plastic with static clean and those stupid bubbles... so you don't need to worry about the application there. However, due to its thickness... it does decrease the sensitivity of the screen, forcing me to push a lot harder than I'd like sometimes to get it to register my selections.

So, it's a good option if you can't get an otterbox. At $70, its not worth it. Would I buy it again if I had to? Probably, because having my $300 electronic protected is important. But you are paying 1/4 the cost of your electronic just to protect it, and that's kind of bull. If it was perfect, and didn't have any complaints I mentioned... I'd consider it worth the entry price, but only just. Either way, with the tab 4 out the price will drop a bit. Just know it is not the perfect case.

Shark Repellent
Shark Repellent
Offered by Rut Grenade LLC
Price: $20.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Works sometimes..., August 6, 2014
This review is from: Shark Repellent
I am terrified that I'll be attacked by sharks. Living in the Midwest may not expose me to many opportunities for shark attacks, but the occasional sharknado is bound to happen. Fortunately, this shark repellent has come along to alleviate my fears. I continued to use this product for months completely shark free and was content with its use. Then, a few weeks ago my wife took me to the aquarium, and what did I see? A bunch of freaking sharks! What if a tornado hits that aquarium? Will I be able to protect myself from the flying death? I'm not so convinced, so I give this product a three stars.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Blu-ray player, July 31, 2014
I was very impressed with this writer. Worked great, burns DVD and Blueray quickly and efficiently. Was able to install a new operating system and run live disks without a problem. I wanted to be able to burn some bluerays for backup and it allowed me to do that, so no complaints here.

Lucky Line 40101 Pocket Chain With Trigger Snap
Lucky Line 40101 Pocket Chain With Trigger Snap
Offered by Gatzies
Price: $4.30
14 used & new from $2.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent Chain, May 4, 2014
I like the chain my wallet to my pants, so I wanted a nice chain so I didn't have to settle for the limited number of wallets that come with a preexisting chain. It has worked fairly well for me. The clip is sturdy and the chain is sufficiently long enough to comfortably use my wallet while it is attached to my pant loop.

The clip did bend out of shape for a while, and I have to bend it back into place. However, ever since that has happened it has worked fine, so I don't have too much to complain about.

Application Frog on Leaf Patch
Application Frog on Leaf Patch
Price: $7.99
5 used & new from $3.54

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking but ultimately failed..., May 4, 2014
The product looks like the image. I purchased it to attach to a lab coat, since I work in a frog lab and thought it would be cute. It's nice, shiny, and solid looking patch. However, as far as an iron on attachment, I spent a large amount of time ironing it on as carefully as possible to make sure it attached to my pocket strongly.

In the end, it looked good... for about 24 hours. Then the patch started coming off. Not after x amount of washes, or wearing it for days on end, or doing any kind of strenuous activity with it. No, this broke down after a single day of light use. I'll of course sew the badge on instead. However, as an iron -on badge it's basically useless. The adhesive clearly doesn't work well. For a patch this expensive I'd expect a little bit better.

2 Pack Hutzler 571 Banana Slicer 571b
2 Pack Hutzler 571 Banana Slicer 571b
Offered by spacememory
Price: $2.61
18 used & new from $1.60

3.0 out of 5 stars Incomplete Banana Slicer, April 22, 2014
I purchased the original banana slicer in order to cut my banana up and found that I was unable to get through the peel. I ended up returning it and purchasing this one. I figured two banana slicers would double the slicing power, however I suffered mixed results. I looked online and found out I needed a Hutzler Banana Peeler 621q to use in tandem with the slicer 571b. I wish they would just package them together. It's how they rope you in, first you buy the slicer only to realize you need the peeler. I'm currently saving up for the Hutzler Banana Masticator 821h. The banana is not going to chew itself, is it?

360 Degree Rotating Cover Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 7-inch P3100/ Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 10 P5100/ Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000/ Galaxy Note 8.0 Inch N5110/ Tab 3 7 T210 / Tab 3 10 P5210 / Tab 3 8 T3100 Tablet with Multi-angle Stand with Screen Protector and Stylus Sheath (Galaxy Tab 3 10.1" Inch (P5210), Green)
Offered by TheCellAccessories - Only Authorized Seller for Sheath®
Price: $9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars It works for what it is..., April 21, 2014
I got this cover shortly after purchasing my samsung galaxy tab 3 and wanting to protect my tablet. I'd prefer to get something nicer, but I really haven't found anything that fits my tastes within my price range yet. I can say the product works. It holds the tablet and protects it. It allows you to stand the tablet up as well, however, it does not do a good job the this. All it gives is a small cloth crevice for the tablet to sit on, and it's not deep or sturdy enough to keep the tablet upright while doing anything above light tapping on the screen. Don't expect to be able to type on the tablet with this case holding it up.

The case falls apart pretty quickly as well. The case still works, and although the plastic ring that holds the back to the fold over part together ripped apart, I was able to put it back together and it hasn't ripped apart again. The edges where the case folds is cracked from age. Furthermore, there are several chunks on every edge where the green has worn away to the plasticy black underneath. This is only with about 4 months of wear and tear here. So this doesn't really hold up too well.

Surprisingly, the black strap that allows you to close the case totally has held up. I would have expected that to stretch out to uselessness or rip very quickly, and so far its held, so that is nice. Two other issues with it, first, it covers up the Infrared port, so if you like to use it as a remote when your in bed and lazy, you'll have to pull it out of the case. Secondly, if you really drop your tablet while the strap isn't on, it's about a 50/50 whether the tablet jumps out of the case and goes teetering off. So it will protect normal wear and tear, and if you remember to close your case when you walk around it's fine, but during use when it's open, the case can potentially not protect the tablet at all.

Anyway, with all that, I think 3 stars is fair. It's cheap and it's still the case I am using. Short of the otterbox, which doesn't make a 10.1 tab3 for some reason, Its good enough.

BestMassage Two Fold Burgundy Portable Massage Table
BestMassage Two Fold Burgundy Portable Massage Table
Offered by Rowland Direct Wholesale
Price: $69.99
5 used & new from $59.88

5.0 out of 5 stars No complaints, April 21, 2014
This is the second massage table I've ever purchased and I honestly have no real complaints. It is stable and light enough for my needs. My wife and I simply use it at home to pamper each other and it has worked fine for that. We weigh in the 300 lbs range and haven't come into any problems as long as we are careful getting on.

The previous similarly priced ($100 shipped) massage table I purchased didn't have the arms and consisted of a metal bottom. In some ways I like the wood legs better than the metal. The "height" adjustment knobs on each leg isn't easy to adjust, but it seems slightly easier than my previous massage table. The arms on the sides fit with cheap wooden dowels as well, one of which is difficult to slide in because it's blocked by the handles that allow you to pick up the table when it's folded, but once again that is a minor thing.

Finally, there is a bit of chemical smell that I get from it. I haven't made a major attempt to completely clean the table with something to counteract the smell, so I can't say how badly it prevails, however, it is less overpowering than many other cheap products I've purchased before.

All in all, it's a nice, professional looking table. It serves the purpose I keep it for and that's really all I can hope for from it for the price spent.

Cinnamon Cherry Compact TV Stand Cinnamon Cherry Finish
Cinnamon Cherry Compact TV Stand Cinnamon Cherry Finish
Offered by Cymax
Price: $101.99
2 used & new from $89.95

3.0 out of 5 stars A few issues..., June 18, 2013
With kids I had two requirements for getting a TV stand. First, it had to be flush with the floor so I wouldn't have to dig out all of the stuff my kids drop there. Second, I wanted glass/plastic across the front so I could use remote controls but keep my devices in relative safety from my kids. The Tv stand met these criteria perfectly.

I should have read the finer print a little closer, as it ended up being a bit smaller than I had expected. I suppose it's my fault for mistaking this with it's larger cousin that is frequently sold at Walmart. However, at the price they sell it for, I was a little disappointed. It's really quite small and not worth more than $100. Still, it does what I wanted it to. The cinnamon cherry color comes off as close to black. Except in a very light home it will probably appear very dark in color.

There is assembly required. I was able to assemble it fairly easily. Oddly, the way it's assembled only makes it flush with the ground on 3 of the four sides. In the back, it has no piece, so the entire tv stand rests on only 3 sides. It was not a big deal, but still a little strange. Furthermore, the stand I received turned out to have other issues. One of the edges was unfinished. It is not noticeable when fully assembled unless you open the glass doors, but it is still a mistake and I am certain not a result of something I did wrong in assembly.

Other than that, the TV stand seems to work fine for a TV stand. I would probably not have boughten this if given a second chance, but I can make due and it is OK.

EZ Eyes Large Print Keyboard
EZ Eyes Large Print Keyboard
Offered by OverstockOnline
Price: $7.98
78 used & new from $1.50

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but falsely advertised., June 17, 2013
This review is from: EZ Eyes Large Print Keyboard
It's benefits, bigger than average letters and bright yellow coloring is very apparent. It clearly meets both of these needs, which is the primary purpose of this keyboard. It has the clickity clacky keys rather than the soft kind, so don't expect typing to be "quiet". For some reason, they decided to make the delete key much smaller in exchange for a slightly larger enter key, which seems counter intuitive to the point of the ez eyes portion of the keyboard.

One of the reasons I went for the keyboard was the claim to being spill resistant. This was a complete hoax. As a matter of fact, this broke down more easily than previous keyboards. A single spill, not directly on the keyboard, completely decimated it. A completely false claim. It also lacks the finger divots at F and J for guidance when performing "proper" typing, another thing that I'd expect from a keyboard designed to make keyboarding easier.

Other than that, it works like any other keyboard. If it fits the aesthetics of your home or if you have bad eyes and need it, this can be a functional keyboard for you, but it's claims are a little exaggerated. It's like every other cheap keyboard except it has yellow keys and bigger bold letters. It loses a star for the spill resistance claim, and it loses a star for the delete key being smaller.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13