Profile for Joshua B. Owens > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 27

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Joshua B. Owens "J0wens" RSS Feed (Chicago)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Morley PWO Power Optical Wah
Morley PWO Power Optical Wah
Price: Click here to see our price
11 used & new from $60.00

4.0 out of 5 stars WAH!!! YEAH!!!, June 9, 2014
The innards may have changed a bit since the eighties and it may be a little lighter but this thing still has a solid build. Works great no matter how many strings your pluckin'.

The Zubie Key, a Connected Car Service
The Zubie Key, a Connected Car Service
Price: $99.95

4.0 out of 5 stars great little doodad for work., June 9, 2014
They don't keep'em in store but a Best Buy employee told me they use these things to track the Geek Squad Mobiles. So I'd figure I'd give it a shot for my catering business. My main impetus was to check on rumors that my truck was being used on authorized stops. Drive through lunch breaks, home visits etc. This does that and appears to do so much more. I can see where my truck is at practically in real time. It does go off line occasionally but appears that the trip data may be stored on the device for a bit as it sometimes appears back after disconnecting/reconnecting the device and driving around for 2 minutes. I can't vouch for the accuracy of engine and battery data compared to a stand alone OBD as everything has appeared ok so far and my vehicle has given me no cause to think otherwise. The only other fault this may have is that currently the information is only viewable through my iphone or ipad. Logging into a website or a standalone pc app would be a nice addition.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 12, 2014 7:58 AM PDT

The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated: Expanded and Updated, With Over 100 New Pages of Cutting-Edge Content.
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $10.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Irrelevant and still inspirational, October 26, 2013
25 percent relevant. 75 percent inspirational. Many of the strategies and tactics here are now irrelevant. Collateral damage of Moore's Law

The Great Game of Business, Expanded and Updated: The Only Sensible Way to Run a Company
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $11.84

3.0 out of 5 stars Common Sense, October 26, 2013
If you are trying to make something. If your business needs more than you to stay running. This is a must read.

Super High Capacity High Quality Li-ion Battery [8800MAH 12 Cells] For HP Compaq Presario V3000 V6000 Series Pavilion DV2000 DV2084EA DV2130US DV2500 DV6000 DV6100 DV6174 DV6200 DV6500 Series, Laptop Main Battery
Offered by siker
Price: $17.05
27 used & new from $17.05

1.0 out of 5 stars Lemon Lemon Lemon, October 14, 2013
About 5 months in I noticed a serious decrease in battery life. I actually condition batteries on all my laptops and this is the only one I've had aproblem with. Anyway just about a year from purchase this thing won't even hold a charge. I'd have gladly paid more for a battery of higher quality.

SnuggleStrap - Soft Covers for CPAP Mask straps - Charcoal
SnuggleStrap - Soft Covers for CPAP Mask straps - Charcoal
Offered by cpapXchange
Price: $13.95
2 used & new from $13.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly effective, April 9, 2013
When I first started doing cpap I had a full beard. As the beard got trimmed and styled differently I noticed I'd wake up with a red face this was from skin irritation from the cpap mask straps ( I use the nasal pillow style, if that makes a difference to anyone reading this ). I ordered these with a little trepidation as I was afraid the added softer fabric would make me hot. So far that has not been the case. Iwas also removing my mask in my sleep since I've had these straps that has been happening less as well.

Mediasonic USB 2.0 2.5-Inch SATA Smart Drive External Enclosure HD3-SU2-BK
Mediasonic USB 2.0 2.5-Inch SATA Smart Drive External Enclosure HD3-SU2-BK
Price: $16.08

3.0 out of 5 stars Great durability for the price!, September 7, 2012
This is replacing cheaper enclosures I have used in the past. All my external drives spend time in my ruck sack and get tossed about. The Mediasonic enclosure has so far outlasted cheaper brands off of Amazon.

Polar Ft7 Men's Heart Rate Monitor (Black/Red)
Polar Ft7 Men's Heart Rate Monitor (Black/Red)
Price: Click here to see our price
56 used & new from $62.87

3.0 out of 5 stars Works like a champ but a bit small, September 7, 2012
Polar makes quality products. My last heart rate monitor from them was damaged by prolonged exposure(weeks in storage) in sub freezing temps. After I received it though
I needed to double check my order and the box labeling to be sure that I had the correct piece. Due to its size I thought I may have received the woman's model. I did not I received a men's. It is a bit smaller than I expected and while my wrist is only about 8 inches in circumference, I only have 2 notches to spare. But I do plan on losing weight with the help of this. So everything should work out fine.

Bell and Howell DNV900HD 1080P Infrared Night Vision Camcorder With 16GB Accessory Bundle
Offered by aSavings
Price: $189.00

2.0 out of 5 stars could be good for beginners, maybe, December 25, 2011
When you first take it out of the box you can feel the cheap quality of the construction so be careful playing with this. A few things they don't mention in the description:(1) there is no zoom function in full hd 1080p mode only in 720 p mode. (2)The ir only works for about a distance of 4 ft. It's almost 50/50 split on other review sites if the ir work with additional lighting or not. (3) Itdoes not resolve blacks/ greys well in average to low light. It may have to do with the ir as reds seem to desaturate. (4) On the model I had the touch exposure did very little to change the exposure. I've seen this function work better on cell phones. (5) The ir light and the flash are built into the lens housing and prevent any sort of screw mount adapters. Intensive search on google did not find any proprietary telephoto or wide angle adapters.

I compared it to flip camera and a panasonic "flip style" both of wich are just as good if not better in the daylight/ indoor light settings.

Oh and none of the software will work on a mac so make sure you have the ability to edit avi files if you are working an apple machine.

Oh and incase you can't tell from the picture the mini tripod in this package will not work on a camcorder this large. And is not good for much besides using a pocketable point and shoot or flip type camera as a webcam. There is no precision adjustment with it as there would be in a joby style tripod.

So if you are thinking of taking the plunge into ghost hunting or videography and are a total newb this might actually be a good a camera to learn with.

On the other hand if you know tha value of white balance a tripod that won't easily tip you may want to consider other options.

100% Org. Sun Butter (Sunflower Butter) 16 oz (454 grams) Solid Oil
100% Org. Sun Butter (Sunflower Butter) 16 oz (454 grams) Solid Oil
Offered by Swanson Health Products
Price: $6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars next best thing to making your own, December 8, 2011
This organic sunflower butter is the only one I can find with the least additives. My only alternative is to make my own and this saves time.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 30, 2012 7:45 AM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3