Profile for Luis Solano > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Luis Solano RSS Feed (San Jose, Costa Rica)

Lomographic Fisheye Number 2 Camera
Lomographic Fisheye Number 2 Camera
Offered by Quantum Wireless
Price: $59.99
14 used & new from $33.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fisheye Camera!, April 1, 2007
So after buying and testing the Supersampler, I decided to buy the Fisheye 2 as well. It comes in a very neat, original packaging and to my pleasant suprise, it's even more beautiful in person! The construction is much more decent than the Supersampler's and it has metal all around the camera. The Lens is quite nice, but be careful, it'll scratch easily. The viewfinder is amazing! you really get the fisheye 10mm vision with it.

I live in Costa Rica where it's always sunny and bright, so I use ASA 100 with this camera and the results are amazing, with a little editing you'll get really good looking, nice quality images. I'll recomend that you develop the roll but instead of printing it right away, ask them to scan the negatives, that way you'll see the shots, do some editing and then print the ones you like, you'll save a lot of money and the results will be better.

It comes with a rubber lens cap, a little book with fisheye shots and a poster. I'm pleased with it and I highly recomend it!

[...]

Lomographic Supersampler Camera (Dark Blue - Designer Box Included)
Lomographic Supersampler Camera (Dark Blue - Designer Box Included)

4.0 out of 5 stars You get what you paid for, March 22, 2007
This Camera is really nice although you shouldn't expect professional quality. The construction is awful although the rubber version (like this one) is more shock resistant. NEVER EVER pull the string too fast or too strong, it'll come off and the camera will be useless. Don't get disturbed by the crackling noises it constantly makes and don't use the roll that came with the camera, mine was defective and it showed in most of the first shots I took, buying another one will give you better results.

Now, if the day is sunny and bright DON'T use a 400ASA roll because the noise and grainy levels are sooo high that the shots will not look nice. It's better to use a 200ASA roll! (I live in Costa Rica where it's always bright and shiny so I actually use ASA 100). When you go to develop the roll it's better if you ask them to scan the negatives, instead of printing, this way you can choose the best shots only, or edit them (contrats, saturation, exposure, noise reduction...) just like I do. This is a really great camera but you do need to now how to use it correctly in order to get good results, just keep on practicing! And go for it! BUY IT NOW, don't think just shoot!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 1, 2010 10:39 AM PST

Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Camera Lens
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Camera Lens
Price: $125.00
75 used & new from $81.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Results, slow focusing, January 5, 2007
Wonderfull night lens, incredible bokeh and depth of field. I use a Canon EOS XT and it is great to have the extra aperture when you are shooting in low light conditions, this way I could set the ISO at 1600 the f at 1.8 and depending on the light, I could increase the shutter speed for better results.

It definitely shows that the lens costs under $100 because of the built quality. But nothing to worry about, I've been using it for quite a while and no dust has gotten inside.

My only complaint is the focusing and AF. This is very slow, specially in lowlight. I miss the USM feature. But certainly you are getting more than what you pay for. It is an amazing, with wonderful results, cheap lens.

If you can't afford or don't want to spend much, this is your way to go, It is incredible, really.

Cosina 19-35mm f/3.5-4.5 MC AF Wide Angle Zoom Lens for Canon EOS / EF
Cosina 19-35mm f/3.5-4.5 MC AF Wide Angle Zoom Lens for Canon EOS / EF

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice Price, low quality., July 30, 2006
When I first saw this Wide Angle Cosina Lens, I thought it had an amazing price compared to other brands. But that worried me: cheap=no good. I've never heard of the brand or even found reviews of the lens. I bought them either way (the price was too low, if they turned out to be bad I wouldn't bother as much). And if it turned out to be good, it'll be a fine addition to my Canon Digital Rebel XT.

When I finally got it, the physical appearance was nice, it didn't look as bad as I thought it would. It came with a hood which makes it look larger in diameter. The problem is when I started taking pictures with it. The zoom and angle features are nice but definitely the sharpness and quality of them weren't even as good as the kit 18-55mm lens. When you crop or zoom you can really see that most of them are blurred but not to an awful extent, if you need to make close ups or print in full resolution, then this is not the lens for you.

Save a couple of $$ or spent a $100 or so more and get a Sigma or Canon, don't waste your time with this one. I'll try it, and play with it more, and probably update this review.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 6, 2008 6:16 AM PDT

Pirates of Silicon Valley
Pirates of Silicon Valley
DVD ~ Anthony Michael Hall
Price: $6.99
54 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product for the Mac Addict or the Tech Addicts, October 2, 2005
This review is from: Pirates of Silicon Valley (DVD)
I have been waiting for this movie to be in a DVD format, as soon as I saw it, I wanted to buy it. Reallly cool product. It comes with one DVD disc (I was hoping for 2) but it actually contained bonus material that was fun to watch. Buy it, I recommend it!