Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for J. Kennedy > Reviews

Browse

J. Kennedy's Profile

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Kennedy RSS Feed

In the Footsteps of a Saint: John Paul II's Visit to Wisconsin
In the Footsteps of a Saint: John Paul II's Visit to Wisconsin
by Philip Kosloski
Price: $11.95
27 used & new from $5.74

5.0 out of 5 stars JP2!! We love you!!, April 21, 2015
Like the author of this book, I consider myself a JP2 Catholic. I have a very clear memory of where I was when this great man passed away, and of a sense of mourning I felt to lose him. This short book is an account of a brief incident in the life of a great saint. However, saints have a lasting impact wherever they go. This is a really great little book about the life of Pope St. John Paul the Great. The events of John Paul's visit to Wisconsin are incredibly touching, and the author does a very good job conveying these anecdotes. Well worth the read for anyone interested in JP2.

Professional and Personal Responsibilities of the Lawyer (2nd Edition) (University Casebook Series)
by John Thomas Noonan
Price: $156.00
27 used & new from $5.41

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best casebooks I have read in Law School, December 6, 2012
Judge Noonan is an excellent presenter of the subject matter of professional responsibility. His casebook is an excellent study and reflection on legal ethics and the lawyer's duties to his client and society. His chosen excerpts are incredibly educational, not only about the matter at hand (the ethical formation of new lawyers) but about the history of American Anglo legal tradition. I felt like I was being initiated into a profession as Judge Noonan guided me through some of the famous cases in Anglo-American Legal ethics. I would highly recommend this book.

Black & Decker T2707S 2-Slice Stainless-Steel Toaster, Silver
Black & Decker T2707S 2-Slice Stainless-Steel Toaster, Silver
Price: $28.99
39 used & new from $24.00

1.0 out of 5 stars This Toaster Explodes. DO NOT BUY, July 4, 2012
My wife and I received this toaster as a gift for our wedding. It hasn't worked very well for the last couple of years, the complaints that others have made about the handle are accurate. However ours didn't ever eject the toast. Well apparently this poorly designed handle can lead to serious danger. The last time my wife went to toast with it, the toaster made a loud (like a firework) bang and ejected metal shappnell all over our house. It even broke our very expensive water boiling tea pot. Luckily none of us were hurt, but me and my wife can still feel the pain in our ears from the loud sound of the explosion. No one should ever buy this toaster.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 2, 2016 8:55 PM PDT

The International Legal System: Cases and Materials, 6th (University Casebook Series)
by Mary Ellen O'Connell
Price: $194.40
39 used & new from $13.10

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Introduction to International Law, March 27, 2012
This casebook is an excellent introduction to the issues in International law. It is clearly laid out, and excepts from the international sources in a way to make them more similar to the American legal cases which most US Law students (such as me) are familiar with.

Pathfinder RPG Beginner Box
Pathfinder RPG Beginner Box
Offered by Archies Toys
Price: $36.99
9 used & new from $31.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, January 1, 2012
This review is from: Pathfinder RPG Beginner Box (Toy)
Pathfinder's Beginner Box is an excellent introduction to RPG's and the Pathfinder RPG ruleset. I bought a copy at the beginning of december hoping to get a chance to play with my brothers and sisters over Christmas break. Long story short, I'm the nerdy older brother who brings home a new board-game whenever I go home. This game was by far the best success I've had from a whole huge list of board games I've brought home. The box contains everything you need to play (except for some wet or dry erase markers). Given the board-game elements and the very streamlined rules, it was very easy to introduce the game. The box also contains a really good starter dungeon. My siblings went off the side of the map, and I ended up slotting in a dungeon made by Chris Perkins (google DnD Robot Chicken) into that blank space. By the time they finished the dungeon, they managed to kill a whole tribe of goblins, fight their way through a small army of skeletons, and several giant spiders. They had a ton of loot, and ended by driving off a young Black Dragon. About half of them converted up to the full class options available in the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Core Rulebook, and we had a ton of fun. The rest of time over break, the perpetual question was "Pathfinder?"

Paperblanks Handtooled Leather (Old Leather Wraps Series)
Paperblanks Handtooled Leather (Old Leather Wraps Series)
by Paperblanks Book Company
Edition: Stationery
11 used & new from $16.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Journal, January 1, 2007
I received this journal as a present and I am incredibly pleased with it. It is not leather, but it is very realistic looking, and beautiful. It is inlaid with an elaborate gold hand tooled pattern around the edges. It is also embossed both front and back with a similar pattern which is not gold laid. The quality of the pages inside of the book is quite exceptional. They are thick, and won't stain through. They are lined with a very light grey, that will not be greatly noticeable after you've written in it. It also has a beautiful red ribbon to keep your place as you write your way through it. In the back there is a really nice cloth pouch for keeping paper or maybe a photograph or two. In all it is an exceptional book, which I would highly recommend.