Profile for Alan J. Eggers > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Alan J. Eggers "utooned" RSS Feed (springfield, missouri)

BMC Womens Fancy Crinkle Shawl Scarf Fashion Cotton Scarves Mixed Solid Color Lot-Set 1
Offered by Bundle Monster
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick service and great product, March 16, 2014
I ordered these and got them very quickly. They are lightweight, not heavy around your neck. I really love the colors, they are true to the picture.

I Recycle 2
I Recycle 2
Price: $0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars why is this here every day?, September 6, 2013
This review is from: I Recycle 2 (App)
I got this simple because I got so sick of seeing this reappear on the new apps every single day. EVERY single day. Every single day. Why Amazon? Why must this stupid app be allowed to resurface on the "new apps" page every single day? This app is pure nonsense, and the developer is clearly desperate!

FlipPix Art - Holidays
FlipPix Art - Holidays
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun diversion, April 14, 2013
This review is from: FlipPix Art - Holidays (App)
This is simply the best Picross styled game that is available for the Kindle Fire HD. Easy to use interface, and easy to understand controls. Check out the other games in this excellent series.

World of Goo
World of Goo
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great on the Wii... but even better on a handheld tablet!, October 19, 2012
This review is from: World of Goo (App)
I had hoped this would come to the Nintendo DS since it was fun on the Wii. It's even better on the Kindle Fire. I paid $2 for this but would gladly have paid the current price of $5.

It is a breeze to control on the Fire and is every bit as fun as it was on the Wii!

Thank you for finally making this available for Kindle owners. Also check out Ski Safari that came out around the same time.

Ski Safari
Ski Safari
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Jetpack Joyride on skis!, October 19, 2012
This review is from: Ski Safari (App)
This is very similar to Jetpack Joyride! I absolutely love playing it! Fun and very goal oriented. .99 cents is a steal for the amount of content it offers! Between this and World of Goo... My Kindle Fire is getting a workout!

Dedicated To Chaos (Special Edition)
Dedicated To Chaos (Special Edition)
Price: $16.19
58 used & new from $2.69

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for what it's meant to accomplish, July 6, 2011
I know that i'm in the minority on this CD, but after listening to this about 4 times now, I have to say that I really do enjoy it!

Queensryche has been changing and evolving for years, as people should expect from a band that has been around since the early 80's. I am the rare person that enjoys all of their albums, my least favorite being "Operation Mindcrime II".

I even enjoyed Geoff Tate's solo cd. And as some have pointed out, "Dedicated to Chaos" does indeed sound like a mixture of Geoff's solo cd and Queensryche. So, if you didn't care for that, then you will more than likely not care much for the cd.

I think that I am more inclined to like almost anything by this band, simply because I really enjoy Geoff's voice. It hasn't seemed to degrade like a lot of other vocalist's voices have over the years--- Bono of U2, Joe Elliott of Def Leppard, to name a couple.

Speaking of U2 & Def Leppard, while I used to really love those bands, both of their newest efforts get very little playtime on my cd player. I especially don't care for the direction that Def Leppard is going in.

But enough about other bands, this new Queensryche cd is enjoyable to me, mostly because I love Geoff's voice. You can dissect the music all you want, and compare it to their 80's glory days, but that is something that'll just make you over-analyze the experience...

I read the bad reviews before I got the cd, so I was very sceptical once I got the cd. When I finally transferred the music to my MP3 player and started listening to it, I found that the music was different, but enjoyable for my tastes. I am in my early 40's, and was hooked to this band ever since I heard "The Warning" on my car cassette player back in the early 80's.

The vocals are nice and crisp, and the production seems to be top-notch.

Apparently Queensryche is trying to move their sound in a different direction in order to expand their fan base, as well as cater to their own evolving musical tastes as they age as a band. I can't fault them for that, as I'm sure that is very gratifying for them.

Have they lost their ability to make a great cd? Not in my opinion, as "American Soldier" seemed to do an excellent job of harkening back in many areas to their 80's/90's sound.

Overall, I am just glad that Queensryche is still giving me the opportunity to listen to anything they put out, and liking it or disliking it, based on my musical tastes at the time.

Granted, this album is very different, and if you are comparing it to their earlier cds, you will come away very dissappointed.

If you are still a Queensryche fan, even after "Q2K"/"Geoff Tate (Solo Cd)", then you will probably find this cd to be worth a purchase.

I liked it, but didn't love it.

There are things that I really dislike about this cd, but they are entirely lyric-based complaints. There is a song that talks about being "Green", and feeding China, that rubbed me the wrong way. I don't believe in any of this "Let's go Green" nonsense! I don't want to over-pollute the planet either, but "going Green" just feeds a government lie.

Even that didn't take away much from my enjoyment of this cd. I can disagree with a political point of view, and still enjoy the music.

Queensryche has surprised me before, as I mentioned above with "American Soldier", if this album isn't to your taste, don't give up hope... they are still a very good band, and who knows what the future holds for them.

If nothing else, for those of you that HATE Queensryche's post-late 90's cds, can't you still enjoy the albums you like by them, without hating them so much, that you have to insult someone's personal appearance?

That last comment was in response to the review I read here on Amazon, that called Geoff Tate a fat guy with a goatee.

Seriously? You hate Queensryche so much after listening to this cd, that you feel compelled to insult the guy that made Queensryche the band you 'used' to like?!

They offered music in their early career that you enjoyed, and because they have their own musical agenda now, you feel the need to insult someone's appearance?

Very juvenile, if you ask me.

It's okay to hate the music, but what good does it do to insult people based on their appearance?

We all get older, it's not "just" Queensryche that grows older.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 7, 2011 4:31 PM PDT