Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Billy Talent Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for Margaret Dernier > Reviews

Browse

Margaret Dernier's Profile

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Margaret Dernier RSS Feed (Pennsylvania)

Red Onyx 1x1 Polished Mosaics Meshed on 12" X 12" Tiles for Bathroom Flooring, Kitchen Backsplash, Shower Walls
Offered by ORACLE TILE & STONE
Price: $14.85
2 used & new from $14.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, July 19, 2010
I saw the tile at another store and knew what the color and texture would be like. It is not really red but more of a reddish-brown. I put it on the front of my Tuscan-look cast stone fireplace and it really "finished" the fireplace with the Tuscan/Moroccan type look I was going after. The other neat thing is I have Brazilian Walnut (not American dark walnut) hardwood floors, the wood ranges from blond to cherry look to a medium brown. Basically the tile matches the wood floor and just brings the look together. Next stop is a contemporary ivory/white leather sofa.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 23, 2011 5:25 PM PDT

Boston Legal: Season 4
Boston Legal: Season 4
DVD ~ James Spader
Offered by Shopville USA
Price: $15.17
43 used & new from $8.99

2.0 out of 5 stars It's getting old and tired, November 4, 2008
This review is from: Boston Legal: Season 4 (DVD)
I have bought the first 3 seasons and I have really enjoyed them although I have tended to ignore the silly liberal rants because they didn't seem so bad, plus the acting, stories trumped over the rants. But holy cow this season, maybe because of the same old tired liberal dribble by our low life politicians, I just can't seem to get into the episodes. I even have to mute the long-winded speeches by Alan now, I use to love the guy. This time though, there are blatant lies by the characters which reflect the lies we are being told by our liberal friends. I highly recommend this product to those liberals who don't like America, you will love this, it will satisfy your inner hate.

Gravity's Rainbow (Penguin Classics Deluxe Edition)
Gravity's Rainbow (Penguin Classics Deluxe Edition)
by Thomas Pynchon
Price: $14.05
140 used & new from $4.94

1.0 out of 5 stars Elitist snobs will love it, July 11, 2008
I agree with the 1 star people. As a member of IEEE, I get the monthly magazine Spectrum and in one issue, some scientists gave a list of their favorite books. I had read most of them, but one scientist/engineer recommended Gravity's Rainbow. So I tried reading it. Got half-way through, enormously boring, put it down for awhile. I just finished reading Neal Stephenson's Crytonomicon, which was compared to GR, so I thought I would try GR again. So now I am 3/4 through and am determined to finish it this time. But it is one boring book. I think Pynchon is trying to pull the wool over people's eyes, especially the elitist snobs, and apparently it is working. Reminds me of John Coltrane's Ascension album, which for the entire album sounds like the band is warming up but never gets to play, but the elitist snobs just adore it. But I think Coltrane was making fun of them too.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 5, 2013 6:37 PM PST

Snow
Snow
by Orhan Pamuk
Price: $9.97
666 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Lost in Translation?, November 16, 2006
This review is from: Snow (Paperback)
Maybe something got lost in translation but I think the wording and the sentences uttered by Ka and others seemed as if they were written by 5th graders. I couldn't imagine people talking like this. I forced myself to finish the book but the wording just "hurt my ears". I read it based on the New York Times basically saying it was a great book. This was not a great book, but maybe the translation was just bad?? Also, I am not sure if the author meant it or not but I got the impression from the writing and story that Turkish people aren't that bright. It seemed to me he was putting down the muslim religion. Anyway, that was minor, the writing was just bad, bad, bad. If you want to read stories that flow and wording that is like music to your ears (even though translated) read works by Naguib Mahfouz, especially The Cairo Trilogy. Now that is good stuff!!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 6, 2008 11:25 AM PDT

The Last Detective - Series 1
The Last Detective - Series 1
DVD ~ Peter Davison
Offered by The Thunder Cats
Price: $19.99
46 used & new from $5.92

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Detective Series, November 9, 2006
I plan on buying Series 2. This series seems more like a character study rather than a detective series or mystery which is what I was expecting. But no matter, it is still interesting.

Michael Moore Is a Big Fat Stupid White Man
Michael Moore Is a Big Fat Stupid White Man
by David T. Hardy
178 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great and Truthful Book, September 13, 2004
I had been having some of these same thoughts about Michael Moore and the "truthfulness" of his movies that are presented and discussed in this book. Michael Moore's movies certainly are not documentaries. They are funny and he is talented, but I think the power of the buck has clouded his integrity and decimated his moral compass. I was doing some of my own research into what he has presented because when I watched his movies, there were a lot of stories,scenes that just didn't jive. Sure enough, there is a lot of manipulation and just plain lies in his movies, that I had found out from other sources before I discovered this book. I just finished reading this book, I didn't even know it existed until a couple of days ago. I just happened to see it in a book store. So it has been pretty interesting to read, and confirming information that I had already discovered on my own. Which doesn't mean I'm smart, it just means it isn't that hard to seek out the truth. The authors present many facts that contradict the info in MM's movies and put a lot of holes in MM's theories. The sources are listed in the back of the book, so you can go check and verify for yourself. I am just totally blown away by how many people actually believe the movies that Michael Moore has produced and actually think that the movies are documentaries!!!! It is very scarey. Based on some previous reviews made here, I think when you are looking at movies Michael Moore has made, and he puts so much of himself and his views and his propaganda into the movie and has changed and manipulated facts, and then appears to claim or present them as documentaries or truth, then you must, you absolutely must, look at the person who has produced them. For example, if Hitler produced a movie, if God produced a movie, if the Pope produced a movie, if Mother Theresa produced a movie, if John Kerry produced a movie, and each one was trying to promote their own agenda, wouldn't you take the person who produced the movie into consideration and do an intelligent analysis and evaluation before deciding whether the movie was truthful, fictional, a documentary, whatever. I think this book makes some very good points and of course, the authors have their own agenda, but this is a must read and folks, there is no camera magic being performed here. As related to Michael Moore, I just hope Abraham Lincoln was right, "you can fool all the people some of the time, you can fool some of the people all of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time."