Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Profile for J. McIntosh > Reviews

Browse

J. McIntosh's Profile

Customer Reviews: 43

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. McIntosh RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Journey On The Wild Coast
Journey On The Wild Coast

5.0 out of 5 stars wow, what an amazing trip, April 1, 2016
This young couple take a year to hike from Seattle up to the Aleutian Islands in Alaska. They pack super light and go through a lot of pain to make the trip, but they maintain a super good attitude the whole time. They experience a lot of misery and see some amazing sights and share it all in this movie. It was a privilege to get to watch it. I'd be happy if I drove along the section of country that they walked. I absolutely loved watching this. Thank you for making it!

Icebound: The Final Voyage of the Karluk
Icebound: The Final Voyage of the Karluk
Price: $1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars thoughtful documentary of a difficult disaster, March 30, 2016
This is a well done, thoughtful documentary. Straightforward, covering the disaster on primarily a human level, but also technical and political. There's no over dramatization here.

The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out Of Water
The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out Of Water
Price: $14.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Ouch, March 30, 2016
I think Spongebob is awesome, but this movie really missed the mark. I'm not going to try to analyze why, it just felt like the people who make the cartoons got fed up with it and just didn't care about making a good movie. I think I only laughed a few times during whole movie. Most of the time I was cringing. Somehow they're usually able to make Spongebob interesting for adults as well as kids, but this didn't entertain me as an adult and I didn't even think it was very kid friendly. Watch it if you must, but try to find something better to watch.

Dying Of The Light
Dying Of The Light
Price: $14.99

2.0 out of 5 stars not so good, March 18, 2016
This review is from: Dying Of The Light (Amazon Video)
I like Nicolas Cage as an actor, but his movies have stunk lately. This is another stinker. The only thing that compelled me to finish the movie was to find out "Is there going to be some cool plot twist that blows me away and make this a decent Cage movie????" Nope. It's a lame movie from start to finish. No surprises. A CIA agent wants revenge on a guy who caught and tortured him when he was younger, the agent is diagnosed with a fatal degenerative brain disease and tries to get the guy before he dies. Does he get him???? By the time you find out, you won't care. Unless you're studying the decline of Cage's career, rather than watching this movie, go and do something with your own life. It'll be far more interesting.

Oregon
Oregon

5.0 out of 5 stars more good shows from Les Stroud, December 6, 2015
Keep the shows coming Les! I'll keep buying them.

I thought the fan episode was excellent and I'd like to see more. Yeah, Les was a bit of a "jerk" to Joe and his time out there was pretty miserable. Les could have helped him, but I thought Joe got a good taste of something close to "real survival" in a relatively safe environment. This genera is survival, not bushcraft or camping. Joe kept an awesome attitude throughout the show (at least the footage that was shown...) and he came away with an experience he'll remember, not just a camping trip with "Les playing his harmonica next to a fire". It's be nice to see him in another show. He has a nice mellow personality that I think matches being out in these wilderness environments. Les and his music kinda pumps up the energy, but the woods are really super quiet, calm and peaceful. I think Joe could help bring that aspect out more, after all that's why most people go off in the wilderness in the first place, to find some peace. Maybe Les's shows could improve a bit if he took on a like minded partner. If nothing else, we'd get MORE SHOWS from him... I'm beginning to wonder if these shows are getting so hard on Les that he secretly brings a box of Snicker bars and hand warmers along to get him through some of the nights. :) Just kidding.

The Transylvania episodes were classic Survivorman.

The episode recreating a lost family's experience was interesting. Lost for 6 days and almost dieing just a quarter mile from your car. Classic survival.

India episode was OK. Les was obviously freaked out from being way out of his element. He's not familiar with tigers and elephants and they seemed to seriously scared him. He didn't seem to travel very far in the episode.

I really liked the Patagonia episode. It was more of a "camping" show where he shows you what went wrong with one hiker. This is something far more likely to happen to me than being lost in India.

Prime-Line Products KC16HD Safety Spring Door Closer, Black
Prime-Line Products KC16HD Safety Spring Door Closer, Black
Price: $12.98
2 used & new from $12.98

4.0 out of 5 stars works good, August 31, 2015
Installs very easily, works reasonably well. The plastic slide thing that goes on the door is the weakest point of this. It just attaches with one screw, I assume so it can pivot in case you don't install it quite straight. One excellent part of the design is that they're 4 places to screw the circular bar into the closer. The lets you adjust the force used to close the door, which is much better than just some simple spring you put on the hing pin. One down side is that it looks a bit cheap, definitely an inexpensive add-on to the door.

Read the instructions... that short steal piece is to help you rotate the spring wheel to tighten it. Make sure you use it.

Where the Myth Began
Where the Myth Began

5.0 out of 5 stars Camping for Bigfoot, June 11, 2015
I just like Les' shows. He's real. He's reasonably honest. :) His enthusiasm is real. He loves getting out into nature and showing us whats out there and how to deal with it. Bigfoot stories are a real part of the outdoors and so Les has tried to take it on is as much as a single guy with some cameras can. I think of these shows as more like "camping for bigfoot" than some hyped up BS "documentary". It's Les in the woods, but he's not starving this time. :)

Switchcraft EHDB9FFB DB9 Female to Female Panel Mount, Black Finish
Switchcraft EHDB9FFB DB9 Female to Female Panel Mount, Black Finish
Price: $10.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but sticks out a but too far., May 18, 2015
I wanted to be able to cut a hole in an aluminum panel and use this connector to hide the crappy cut and make everything look nice. This is the best I found. It's OK, but it sticks out a ways from the aluminum panel. I would have liked something a bit more flush. Maybe I'm using it wrong... I'll continue to use it, but I'd like something more flush. If anyone knows of a better connector, feel free to let me know.

Kershaw 3650 Volt II Folding Knife with SpeedSafe
Kershaw 3650 Volt II Folding Knife with SpeedSafe
Price: $28.20
128 used & new from $25.06

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, March 20, 2015
Good knife. Speed safe feature is very nice. Sharp. Bit too big for an everyday pocket knife, but good knife for camping, etc.

Kahtoola MICROspikes Footwear Traction Red Small
Kahtoola MICROspikes Footwear Traction Red Small

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, March 20, 2015
These are expensive, but work excellently. I have size 8.5 shoes. The medium size worked extremely well on ice and snow.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5