Profile for William Moberg > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

William Moberg RSS Feed (New Hampshire)

EZ Build Projects: Biplane
EZ Build Projects: Biplane

5.0 out of 5 stars Memories, January 7, 2011
This review is from: EZ Build Projects: Biplane (Toy)
I bought this item as a Christmas present for my grandson, age 9. I had taken Will and his older brother to an air show in Portsmouth, NH, where Will had his picture taken in front of a yellow biplane. Since he has become very interested in woodworking projects, I thought it would be a good learning experience as well as a memento of a memorable day together. I added some glue, yellow paint,some paint brushes and the picture. The kit is everything as advertised and more.

VideoSecu Articulating Arm (20" Extension) LCD LED TV Wall Mount Full Motion Tilt Swivel Mount Bracket for most 22" 23" 24" 26" 27" 30" 32" 36" 37" Flat Screen with VESA 100 200 Mount Pattern 1XE
Offered by Warehouseseller
Price: $24.99
5 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Oddball screws, November 23, 2010
This is an excellent mount for smaller flat screen TVs. Taking note of a previous reviewer's complaint on the screws provided to mount to a wall stud, I replaced them with 2 1/2 inch long square drive ASTM flat head screws. The screws provided have a large root (pitch) diameter relative to the major diameter. This is a non standard screw intended to provide for less torque for installing at the expense of reduced holding power, resulting in stripping the wood if too much torque is applied. The mount is functioning well, replacing an under-the-counter TV in our kitchen.

Coby LEDTV1526 15-Inch 720p 60Hz LED HDTV
Coby LEDTV1526 15-Inch 720p 60Hz LED HDTV

3.0 out of 5 stars LED Critique, October 23, 2010
I purchased this TV to replace a 10 inch analog TV mounted under a cabinet in our kitchen. I have it mounted instead from the wall behind,using an articulating wall mount. I am generally pleased with the TV. On the positive side I am able to connect directly to my cable without a cable box since it has a QAM tuner. On the negative side the picture is not as good as other LCD TV's that I have looked at. In particular, the analog stations are much poorer in quality than my old analog TV produced. The HD channels are much better but still lack the black contrast of other sets. Interestingly, my cable channel is not available in HD without purchasing an upgrade package. I have only the basic cable service but the network channels are digital. The response to the color adjustment and audio controls is dismal. Almost no effect. The sound is 'tinney' and no amount of adjustment corrects this. As for other common limitations of LCD TVs, the viewing angle is critical. The screen arrived tilted downwards approximately 5 degrees from vertical which is noticeable with this effect. It appears to have a tilt, but when I called the factory they reported that there is no adjustment for tilt ?? Since I am using a wall mount this is not an issue for me, since there is provision for tilt in the mount. I plan to keep this set, but wish that I had been able to 'kick the tires' in a local retail outlet before purchasing. It is not available locally in any of the big name stores. There is precious little available in screen sizes less than 19 inches.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 26, 2012 12:47 PM PST

Bosch TS2000 Gravity-Rise Wheeled Table Saw Stand
Bosch TS2000 Gravity-Rise Wheeled Table Saw Stand
Price: $199.00
9 used & new from $145.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Bosch table saw stand, January 9, 2007
Pro: The construction of this stand is excellent as you might expect from German engineering. It is very sturdy, made of quality material and easily assembled.

Con: The advertising is misleading with the term 'Gravity Lift', which implies that it is easy to raise from the flat storage position. My saw is old and heavier than current models (Craftsman M113.29940) , which probably accounts for the difficulty I had in this respect. The advertisement states that it will accommodate a variety of brands of saws, including Craftsman, but the owner's manual states only specific models. I had to make transition pieces from plywood to accommodate the hole pattern for my saw (no big deal). I was also misled by the advertising in thinking that it collapsed vertically, when in fact it must be collapsed to a vertical position first and then rotated to the horizontal.

All in all the stand is still very useful and I am keeping it.