Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now
Profile for Mr Bill Ohnooooo! > Reviews

Browse

Mr Bill Ohnooooo!'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mr Bill Ohnooooo! RSS Feed (New Hampshire)

Grohe 30127000 Kitchen Faucet with Dual Spray Pull-Out Spout and Soap Dispenser, Starlight Chrome
2 used & new from $234.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Mounting/flow control problems, July 27, 2015
This is a discontinued faucet but still available in some outlets, so my comments may still help others.

My first complaint is that the mounting with an escutcheon plate covers (3) holes in the sink. I have four, but one is used for a separate faucet for filtered drinking water. I would have had to do without the soap dispenser if I used the escutcheon, so I mounted direct. It did not work out as the hole diameter in my sink was larger than the recommended hole which made a poor mount with lack of any locating ring on the faucet base. I ended up punching a hole in one of the blocked holes of the escutcheon plate and mounting the soap dispenser there. I now have a stable mounting.
My second complaint is the large flow (2.2 gpm) and the angling forward of the water stream which splashes excessively. Adjusting the flow as instructed in the pictorial instruction had no effect. A call to Customer Service resulted in them sending me a 'red' quick disconnect in place of the 'green' one supplied. Exchange of the quick connects produced no effect either. I ended up reducing hot and cold shut off ball valves to reduce flow. I was able to get an acceptable flow at the hot or cold extremes of the flow control handle, but at the mid position (mixed flow) the flow was again high. This is a compromise but workable. The only problem is poor experiences that I have had with using ball valves as flow control valves. Corrosion of the exposed ball makes it difficult to operate as a shut off. over time.

My last complain is the use of pictorial only instruction (to save multiple language printing) that require a certain amount of interpretation that is not always unambiguous.
On the positive side the customer service was responsive albeit not particularly well versed in problem solving. The faucet is well made and overcomes many other problems with a PricePfister unit that had required multiple parts replacements.
Let's hope the newer version has overcome these problems.

EZ Build Projects: Biplane
EZ Build Projects: Biplane
Offered by Titan Traders
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Memories, January 7, 2011
This review is from: EZ Build Projects: Biplane (Toy)
I bought this item as a Christmas present for my grandson, age 9. I had taken Will and his older brother to an air show in Portsmouth, NH, where Will had his picture taken in front of a yellow biplane. Since he has become very interested in woodworking projects, I thought it would be a good learning experience as well as a memento of a memorable day together. I added some glue, yellow paint,some paint brushes and the picture. The kit is everything as advertised and more.

VideoSecu Articulating Arm LCD LED TV Wall Mount Full Motion Tilt Swivel Mount Bracket for most 22" 23" 24" 26" 27" 30" 32" 36" 37" Flat Screen with VESA 100 200 Mount Pattern B62
Offered by Warehouseseller
Price: $19.99
3 used & new from $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Oddball screws, November 23, 2010
This is an excellent mount for smaller flat screen TVs. Taking note of a previous reviewer's complaint on the screws provided to mount to a wall stud, I replaced them with 2 1/2 inch long square drive ASTM flat head screws. The screws provided have a large root (pitch) diameter relative to the major diameter. This is a non standard screw intended to provide for less torque for installing at the expense of reduced holding power, resulting in stripping the wood if too much torque is applied. The mount is functioning well, replacing an under-the-counter TV in our kitchen.

Coby LEDTV1526 15-Inch 720p 60Hz LED HDTV
Coby LEDTV1526 15-Inch 720p 60Hz LED HDTV
2 used & new from $64.76

3.0 out of 5 stars LED Critique, October 23, 2010
I purchased this TV to replace a 10 inch analog TV mounted under a cabinet in our kitchen. I have it mounted instead from the wall behind,using an articulating wall mount. I am generally pleased with the TV. On the positive side I am able to connect directly to my cable without a cable box since it has a QAM tuner. On the negative side the picture is not as good as other LCD TV's that I have looked at. In particular, the analog stations are much poorer in quality than my old analog TV produced. The HD channels are much better but still lack the black contrast of other sets. Interestingly, my cable channel is not available in HD without purchasing an upgrade package. I have only the basic cable service but the network channels are digital. The response to the color adjustment and audio controls is dismal. Almost no effect. The sound is 'tinney' and no amount of adjustment corrects this. As for other common limitations of LCD TVs, the viewing angle is critical. The screen arrived tilted downwards approximately 5 degrees from vertical which is noticeable with this effect. It appears to have a tilt, but when I called the factory they reported that there is no adjustment for tilt ?? Since I am using a wall mount this is not an issue for me, since there is provision for tilt in the mount. I plan to keep this set, but wish that I had been able to 'kick the tires' in a local retail outlet before purchasing. It is not available locally in any of the big name stores. There is precious little available in screen sizes less than 19 inches.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 26, 2012 12:47 PM PST

Bosch TS2000 Gravity-Rise Wheeled Table Saw Stand
Bosch TS2000 Gravity-Rise Wheeled Table Saw Stand
3 used & new from $292.53

4.0 out of 5 stars Bosch table saw stand, January 9, 2007
Pro: The construction of this stand is excellent as you might expect from German engineering. It is very sturdy, made of quality material and easily assembled.

Con: The advertising is misleading with the term 'Gravity Lift', which implies that it is easy to raise from the flat storage position. My saw is old and heavier than current models (Craftsman M113.29940) , which probably accounts for the difficulty I had in this respect. The advertisement states that it will accommodate a variety of brands of saws, including Craftsman, but the owner's manual states only specific models. I had to make transition pieces from plywood to accommodate the hole pattern for my saw (no big deal). I was also misled by the advertising in thinking that it collapsed vertically, when in fact it must be collapsed to a vertical position first and then rotated to the horizontal.

All in all the stand is still very useful and I am keeping it.