Profile for Yubin Kim > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 30

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Yubin Kim RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Woman Black Ruched Bowknot Bow Snood Net Bun Cover Barrette Hair Clip
Woman Black Ruched Bowknot Bow Snood Net Bun Cover Barrette Hair Clip
Offered by uxcell
Price: $5.70
5 used & new from $5.28

4.0 out of 5 stars Barrette holds large volume of hair; material of bow and net could be of higher quality, October 15, 2014
I bought this with some apprehension as I have a very full head of thick hair and it's somewhat difficult for me to find accessories that will hold my entire ponytail. Luckily for me, this does! The clip is surprisingly sturdy and clipped around my thick hair no problem.

The material of the bow and net itself isn't top quality. I found some loose threads on the bow which I clipped off with my scissors. The net itself had some slight unravelling issues as the edges of the net weren't sealed quite as well as they could have been, but it is of acceptable quality.

Armitron Sport Women's 45/7021WHT Watch
Armitron Sport Women's 45/7021WHT Watch
Price: $18.74

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read, but white band yellows and is prone to staining, October 15, 2014
The watch is lovely. The digital display is nice and large and easy to read in a glance. However, the watch is prone to staining. In my watch, the keeper loop is already blackened at the corners and no amount of soap is getting it off. The band itself is holding up without staining so far, but it has already noticeably yellowed in the sun.

TuffRider Women's Starter Front Zip Paddock Boots
TuffRider Women's Starter Front Zip Paddock Boots
Price: $35.85 - $53.96

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and easy on the wallet but not very durable., October 15, 2014
I ordered these paddock boots as my first pair of riding shoes as I recently started lessons.

I have the mocha color and it's a very nice dark brown, mostly matte and it's definitely not as shiny as some of the pictures make it out to be. Initially, the boot felt very stiff around the ankle and the top edge of the heel cup kept digging into the heel in awkward ways. I had to use some force with my hands to encourage the boots to bend at the ankle at a better place occasionally and a few weeks later it has broken in perfectly. I would say it took around 10 hours or so of walking/riding about in them. It's now comfortable with no rubbing anywhere in the ankle.

Synthetic construction means it's easy to clean (just wipe down with damp cloth) and I don't feel particularly bad about tramping around in them everywhere. The zipper is a tad flimsy and I feel they could be the first thing to break. So far okay, though!

Oh, and the boot runs very true to size. I initially ordered the 6.5 based on other reviews and returned them for the 6, my regular size. The boot is on the slightly narrow-ish side, although not excessively.

Edit: 2 months after purchasing this item (literally right after I wrote this review!) I noticed that my left boot has cracked along the punched seam running across the toe. I wear these boots twice a week for about 2 hours, so slightly disappointed in the durability there. :\

Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse
Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse
Offered by GreatDealsExpress
Price: $27.90
119 used & new from $17.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Hate the material -- builds up dead skin like crazy!, October 15, 2014
I love the function of this mouse. Forward back button, left right and scroll wheel are all what I need. The rubberized grips on the sides are very nice to hold as well.

However.

I absolutely hate the material that makes up the bulk of the surface, where your fingers and palm sits. The picture is deceiving. The material is not the matte ever-so-slightly textured material of the M705 or the MX. It is a shiny, smooth, cheap plasticky material. This material attracts and builds up dead skin like crazy especially for people with damp/sweaty palms. Every other time I go to touch this mouse, there is a disgusting layer of dead skin that has built up. Gross!

TuffRider Women's Ribb Lowrise Pull-On Breeches, Light Tan, 24
TuffRider Women's Ribb Lowrise Pull-On Breeches, Light Tan, 24
Offered by OSO1O
Price: $39.20
3 used & new from $31.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Ribbed texture repells hair and dirt. Secret pocket is great for keys!, September 6, 2014
I'm greatly impressed by these very affordable breeches. The ribbed texture of the pants repel horse hair and dirt very well. There is also a small pocket stitched to the inside of the elastic waistband which I use to store my car keys when I'm taking my riding lesson. Very handy! The stitching of the knee pads are surprisingly tidy as well.

The velcro pads at the ankle is a little bulky for my tastes, but it's a minor flaw. Overall length is just a tad long for me, which means they should fit all you regular people well. (I'm 5'5" with short-ish legs.) I usually wear a 2 or 4 in US pant sizes and a 24 fits me nice and snug.

Perri's Ladies Preofessional Half Chaps
Perri's Ladies Preofessional Half Chaps
Price: $32.04 - $88.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously well-made. Buttery soft!, September 6, 2014
Great fit and superbly made. I have shorter legs at 13 inch calves, 14 height. The XS fits perfectly. The leather is 65% cow leather 35% sheep skin. It's buttery soft to the touch and the stretch panels at the back of the leg have a great range of flexibility so you can wear it with thinner or thicker breeches. The zippers are nice, heavy duty YKK and they zip super easy and I feel confident that they won't break. Great product and an extremely reasonable price. Highly recommend.

TuffRider TuffRider Adult Grippy Grain Half Chaps
TuffRider TuffRider Adult Grippy Grain Half Chaps
Price: $44.85 - $49.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Sizing is tallish, September 3, 2014
When I looked up the sizing guide for these chaps online, the small was listed as 13 inch calf at 15.5 inch height. I unfortunately have shorter legs so I was concerned about the length (I measured myself at 14.5 height) but ordered these anyway and it was a mistake. They were much too tall and made the back of my knee very uncomfortable. Fellow short-legged horse lovers, look elsewhere.

It looks super nice though. I wish they fit!

Ovation Deluxe Toddler Schooler Helmet
Ovation Deluxe Toddler Schooler Helmet
Price: $49.45 - $126.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Fits a little small, August 13, 2014
My head circumference is 22 inches (hat size 7). According to the manufacturer's website, this lies right between the small/medium and medium/large sizes. I ordered a small/medium, but it was a mistake. The helmet is much too tight and gave me a pounding headache after wearing for 10 mins. If your head size is between sizes, I recommend ordering a size up rather than down. I liked the matte black color and it's light-weight, low-profile construction. However, the buckle kind of dug into my chin too much. There is a cushioning wrap thing for the buckle, but I found it really finicky and it falls off too easily.

I ended up returning the helmet for the Troxel Intrepid instead.

Troxel Intrepid
Troxel Intrepid
Price: $57.95 - $114.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Low-profile and well-ventilated, August 13, 2014
This review is from: Troxel Intrepid (Sports)
My head circumference is exactly 22 inches (hat size 7), which according to Troxel's website fits a small or medium. I ordered a medium based on some of the other reviews here and am glad for it. The helmet fits snug but doesn't give me a headache as I think a small might have. The helmet is also very low profile and well-ventilated. I like the subtle matte black color. The clip buckle is also positioned so that it doesn't dig into my chin, which is really nice. The inside lining is also removable so you can wash it.

Troxel also has an accident replacement policy, where they will replace a helmet after a riding accident for a fee. I'm hoping I never have to make use of it, but definitely worth mentioning.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous dress, lining is a little short, May 5, 2014
This is truly a lovely lace dress. It's not terribly flattering for small chests, so I wear my push-ups when I wear it so I look great. :) As some others have mentioned, the inner lining is actually kind of short and you are in danger of flashing your panties if you bend over. I wear black shorts underneath to prevent this.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3