Profile for E. Brooks > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

E. Brooks RSS Feed (Dallas, Texas)

Page: 1 | 2
Brita Hard Sided Water Filter Bottle, Mint Polka Dot, 23.7 Ounces
Brita Hard Sided Water Filter Bottle, Mint Polka Dot, 23.7 Ounces
Price: $14.99
18 used & new from $9.92

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Tasting Water. Terrible Durability., May 4, 2014
***Update July 4***
It took 6 weeks to get a replacement from Brita after many emails and facebook posts. The new bottle (Persimmon) is awful. I haven't had it a week and it leaks profusely all over all of my stuff. Bumping this down to 2 stars because I still believe its the best tasting water, and I had a perfectly good bottle for a year. I will not be repurchasing, however. Fool me twice.

**Original post**

I have had this bottle for about a year and have had no problems until today when i dropped it not even 1 foot from the ground. The white part of the bottle cap completely broke off and the straw ended up in 3 pieces. This is EXTREMELY disappointing because other than this I haven't had any problems. I avoid leaks by not overfilling the bottle and I avoid the loud gurgle when drinking by readjusting the filter.

I compared the taste of the water from a brita water pitcher, pur water system, filtered water from an ice machine, and this bottle and this bottle wins every time. I have sent a message to brita to see if they will replace the cap. I'll repost the response.

It would be tough decision to decide whether to repurchase because although the water is good, for the price, a plastic cap should NOT break like it did from that distance.

Taste & Leak Proof Rating: 4 stars Durability: 1 Star = 2.5 stars

Mobile TV Stand for 37 to 70 inch Flat Screen Monitor, Height-Adjustable, Shelf Included - Black
Offered by Tyke Supply
Price: $259.99
2 used & new from $259.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy stand for 50" Panasonic ST60 TV, January 6, 2014
Not going to repeat what other reviews have said. It's a great stand. I wanted to focus on the installation since it was trial and error for me. A couple of tips:

1) There are a ton of extra screws. Use the ones pictured (you definitely use all the black screws and the silver twisty bolts shown in step 7. The other screws vary with your tv.
2) Follow steps 1-5 when as pictured.
3) For my panasonic tv, the adapter was incredibly bulky. To avoid having to take the stand apart again, I would recommend, plugging in the power adapter, then complete step 6 to ensure that there is enough clearance for the cord.
4) Step 7 was confusing to me because the tv will not stay if you hook it on the way that they show. My recommendation for step 7 is (a) lock the wheels of the tv stand and (b) lay the tv down and connect the screws (I) in step 7 and 8 to complete the stand assembly. That worked better for me than what was pictured.

It could be user error as it wasn't immediately apparent what to do past step 5 so I hope that this helps you.

Also this is a youtube video showing how to assemble the stand entitled Tyke Mobile Tv Cart by Tyke Supply. [...]
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 26, 2014 7:18 PM PST

EatSmart Precision GetFit Digital Body Fat Scale w/ 400 lb. Capacity & Auto Recognition Technology
Offered by EatSmart Products
Price: $79.95
12 used & new from $49.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, December 13, 2012
Purchased to monitor body fat and weight (loss) as a part of my new healthy lifestyle. We have the commercial scale at my job and I feel the results are comparable for a fraction of the price. Be sure to take weight first thing in the morning and body fat before dinner for accuracy. Highly recommend.

Polar FT4M Silver/Black
Polar FT4M Silver/Black
Offered by Healthcheck Systems Inc
Price: $69.50
6 used & new from $59.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A Year Later, Overall, Very Satisfied., April 16, 2012
Purchased in FEB 2011 to get a more accurate calculation of calories when tracking using android/ipod fitness apps. Monitoring the calories burned as well as consumed has been a critical part of my weight loss, so I needed a HRM that is relatively accurate.

Pros:
1. Small - You won't feel like you have Big Ben on your wrist.
2. Simple - I don't need it to do my taxes. I just wanted track Calories, Target HR, and Workout length.
3. Battery Replacement for the WATCH is simple. Use a nickel. I know Polar says don't open it until you need to but it gets pretty grimy in there. Also, you don't lose your data with the battery replacement.
4. Strap was comfy. I started off as a size 16 (38C) and there was more than enough room.
5. Accurate - Calorie counts seem reasonable. Be sure to adjust the user setting when you lose weight. I choose to update at 5lbs intervals.

Cons:
1. Need Jaws of Life for Battery Replacement for the Wearlink
Read the instructions, grabbed a quarter to turn, and completely stripped the opening. Emailed Polar and they replied that I should have used a nickel. The instructions, by the way, said to use a "coin." Polar did offer to replace the mutilated battery cover free of charge but said that if I couldn't remove the old one, I would have to send the wearlink in for service (at a charge).

Well, I refuse to let this cover defeat me (I'm too cheap to send it in). Someone in the PolarUSA forums suggested drilling 2 holes and using needle nose pliers. Well, THAT actually worked. PolarUSA claims it is because of grime and residue. That is a load of malarkey. Granted, all I ever did with the wearlink is to briefly rinse with water and throw the strap in the washer (air-dry). When I finally used the jaws of life to open this thing, there was absolutely NO residue. The watch on the other hand was grime city and opened with a simple twist using a dangerous quarter. For the record, once I replaced the battery and used a wipe to confirm that there was no residue, I placed the old cover on. For kicks, I tried to open it with the pliers and once again, it was difficult. Grime my foot.

2. Battery died without warning. Lost my data for the workout that I was in the middle of when the watch went dark.

I'll update the review once I receive the minty fresh battery cover for the WearLink to see if this was a fluke.

Wellgate for Women Gel-Comfort Knee Support, 1 Size
Wellgate for Women Gel-Comfort Knee Support, 1 Size
Price: $20.72
6 used & new from $13.27

3.0 out of 5 stars Seems well made, but definitely not one size, October 10, 2011
I'm a size 12P/14P and this product didn't come close to fitting properly. It seems very well made, so I don't think it deserves a 1 star rating. I think it would be a perfect fit for those size 10 and below. I would purchase again if they had my size.

Davidson's Tea Bulk, Herb Pure Org Hibiscus Flowers, 16-Ounce Bag
Davidson's Tea Bulk, Herb Pure Org Hibiscus Flowers, 16-Ounce Bag
Price: $14.26
4 used & new from $14.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Sorrel Drink, January 20, 2011
I was raised on the Caribbean drink "Sorrel" and there are limited options locally to find a good quality hibiscus flower. I've resorted to the Internet and have purchased Ocho Rios and Flor de Jamaica but the price and shipping charges deterred me from regularly purchasing these products. This is by far my favorite in regards to quality and consistency and for a better price with Amazon Subscribe and Save. The Davidson product's flowers are finer than those other products so you need to be careful with portioning if you are use to making sorrel with bigger flowers. A little goes a long way with this product, which makes it far more economical to purchase this at Amazon. I make pitchers at a time, and sorrel is a cold drink that steeps overnight, so I cannot speak to making individual serving of tea. MexGrocer has a hibiscus product on Amazon that's pretty good, however I am getting more for my money with Davidson and it qualifies for Amazon prime so I save on shipping. I didn't have any issues with the taste or potency as some other reviewers have stated. I was raised on hibiscus flowers, and my sorrel tastes exactly how its suppose to. Highly recommend.

Cashmere Feel Camel, Black, White and Red Plaid Scarf
Cashmere Feel Camel, Black, White and Red Plaid Scarf

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Quality Scarf for a Great Price!, January 20, 2011
Received this item quickly and was pleasantly surprised by the look and feel of this scarf, especially for the price. Very soft, cashmere feel and the plaid design is reminiscent of a particular high end brand. Completely satisfied with the purchase and would recommend.

Official Nintendo Wii Carry All Case
Official Nintendo Wii Carry All Case

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Travel Bag - Highly Recommend, April 22, 2010
Purchased the bag to take the wii on our vacation.

Pros: The size of the bag is perfect for travel. In addition, I like the organization of the bag in that there are designated sections for the wii, cables, and accessories - very convenient. I can appreciate not having to deal with all the accessories clumped together in a tangled mess. Along with the typical wii accessories, I managed to get 2 wii wheels into the bag and was able to zip it up with a minor effort. What helped is using a very small form factor cd sleeve to carry the games versus wasting space with game cases. I recommend that if you are taking wii wheels, leave the remotes within the wheels to create more room. Which leads me to the cons....

Cons: As another reviewer mentioned, even though there are sections for all your remotes, cables, and etc, there is definitely room for improvement to maximize the space, but I think this is a minor gripe for the price. Secondly, Game Storage - this bag doesn't really accomodate a lot of games. Wild ideas - when I take the wii with me, wouldn't it be great to have games too? In a perfect world, this bag would have a space to accomodate the game discs (w/o cases) with a design similar to a visor cd sleeve.

I rate this bag 4 stars because ideally, I would like it to accomodate more games and just a tad bit more organization to maximize the space as well as accomodate my wii wheels. With a little ingenuity, you can make it work.

ACE Arm Sling
ACE Arm Sling
Offered by NYHealthbeauty
Price: $8.62
11 used & new from $4.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Low quality product - find another option., February 24, 2010
This review is from: ACE Arm Sling (Health and Beauty)
This sling is made of very low quality materials and actually started tearing after 8 hours use. The box states that it is "one size" however the size seemed to be way too big to secure your arm and it did not adjust enough to have my arm in the proper position.

I strongly recommend that you choose another product.

iRobot 560 Roomba Vacuuming Robot, Black and Silver
iRobot 560 Roomba Vacuuming Robot, Black and Silver
10 used & new from $258.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Convenient Product. Saves Time. Not 100% Perfect., July 12, 2009
SUMMARY:

Surface Used: Tile Floors
Sq Ft Cleaned per Use: 1000 Sq Ft (3 Rooms separated by 2 lighthouses)
Time to Clean Each Room: 20-30 Min.
Pets: NONE
Maintenance: Clean after every use. Used Canned Air to save time!

USAGE/REASON FOR BUYING:

I have exposed bricks that produce a ton of dust on the floors. This requires me to sweep/vacuum daily. Roomba is pricey, however for my situation, Roomba is a very acceptable and reasonable alternative to having to sweep up the dust every day. I decided to pay for the convenience of not having to do it myself. I can only attest to the ability on floors, not carpeting.

PROS:

*Convenience. Roomba does about 85-90% of the work. Remaining % is for having to sweep hard to reach places as well as keeping items off the floor that could potentially get in the way.
*Battery life works for me. Cleans all 1000 sq ft and docks to charge.
*Cleans under furniture. No longer have to move couches or beds to clean thoroughly. (Thank Goodness!)
*Frequent cleaning = less dust = A+ for allergies.
*Haven't experienced problems with side brushes yet.
*Maintenance of the Roomba takes less than 5 minutes. I had a bagless vacuum prior that required far more maintenance than the Roomba so this is not a con for me.

CONS:

*Cost. Appropriate for those who are paying for convenience. In retrospect, would have considered lower model since I don't use the scheduling like I thought I would have.
*Lighthouses were DOA. Pro: Amazon replaced Roomba in 2 days.
*Roomba doesn't detect my dark colored furniture well. Smacks into it.
*Roomba doesn't navigate my area rug very well. Does OK with smaller throw rugs.
*Dock placement was trial and error. Took a couple of times before finding a good location.
*Can usually traverse cords, however on occasion, the Roomba will yank the cord and the attached product. Could end badly depending on the situation.
*For my Roomba to effectively clean in a less time consuming manner, I feel like I need to purchase an additional lighthouse (which is an added expense).

Suggestions:

1. Clean Roomba after every use for places 1000 sq ft and more. I like to use compressed air like what you use for laptops/keyboards, to blow out some of the debris.

2. Place the dock in a very open and central area where Roomba can easily find.

3. Invest in lighthouses for larger floorplans to allow for Roomba to clean (and finish) one area at a time before moving on to the next room. Otherwise it will take forever to finish.

Bottom Line: I think the convenience factor makes this product worth it. I don't desire nor have the time to clean my floors like they require. I'm satisfied with my purchase.

Page: 1 | 2