Profile for acevallos > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

acevallos RSS Feed

Celestron T Adapter/Barlow 1.25 Universal (Req. T-Ring)
Celestron T Adapter/Barlow 1.25 Universal (Req. T-Ring)
Offered by Think Fast
Price: $41.60
5 used & new from $40.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, saves money and pleases with results, January 20, 2012
Most happy with my purchase.

First the minor cons. When I attach my DSLR camera to this T-adapter WITHOUT using the Barlow, it won't focus. I have to use the Barlow for it to gain focus. This, however is not a significant con to me because I always use the Barlow with my DSLR, otherwise magnification is just too low, so I don't really care that it doesn't focus with less magnification, I care that it focuses perfectly with 2X magnification. Then the second negative issue is that the adapter itself fits a little loose in the focuser, I feel as if it could fall off with the weight of the camera even after tightening the screws... but truth is that it hasn't fallen off and I have even moved the telescope from one place to another with the camera still on it.

Now the significant pros. The Barlow is spectacular. It works perfectly as the Barlow for any regular eyepiece, it just screws on to the eyepiece and its magnification is doubled. When I bought this I was actually tempted to buy another Barlow only for eyepieces thinking it wouldn't work as I wished (although I knew it was compatible), but I gave it a shot and bought this one only to try it out. It was the best decision, a true money saver. Because of the price of this product I though that images would definitely degrade on some level when using it on regular eyepieces... but until now I do not see any degrading whatsoever. They remain as crisp and perfect as they were without using the Barlow. Additionally, although (as I have said) my camera won't focus when I don't use the Barlow, when I DO use the Barlow with it (which is always) I can even focus on close land objects (500 feet or even less). I was not expecting this, but this allows me to take pictures not only of star (primary use), but even close-ups of the surrounding Andes mountains (review written from Ecuador, South America).

To me this is a true "2 in 1" product, I completely recommend it to anyone looking for a T-adapter for their DSLR. I would have given it a 4.5 if I could, but the two mentioned cons could be worked on by Celestron for it to be a perfect 5/5 to me.

PS. Equipment used with this product: Dobsonian Orion XT6 telescope; 25mm and 10mm plossl eyepieces; Sony Alpha A55 DSLR with T-Mount.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 14, 2014 11:59 PM PST