Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Gear Up for Football Deal of the Day
Profile for Sergey A. Lipnevich > Reviews

Browse

Sergey A. Lipnev...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 20

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sergey A. Lipnevich RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Solitude X Active Noise Canceling Headphones
Solitude X Active Noise Canceling Headphones
2 used & new from $67.60

1.0 out of 5 stars Speaker died after ~1.5 years of normal use, October 19, 2014
Bought mine in March 2013. In October 2014 one speaker died. Ironically it's in the left headphone where external signal comes in and the ANC button is located. It's of course out of 1yr warranty period. I don't think my usage patterns are even close to "heavy," probably put them on for less than an hour once or twice a week. Never did anything "active" like jogging. Too bad.

Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac
Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac
Offered by Tax Free Mart
Price: $17.95
38 used & new from $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome desktop virtualization experience, April 16, 2014
I use Parallels Desktop 9 with Windows and Debian Linux VMs. It's a very stable, fast and convenient product.

Firstly, powerful MacBook Pro and Parallels allowed me to forego Boot Camp completely and just log into work from a VM using Citrix Receiver: everything remains very responsive even in screen resolution that combines an HD monitor and a Retina display in "more space" mode. Haven't tried any games yet.

Secondly, device support is great. It's very easy to switch a USB smart card reader or an ext4-formatted partition for example from OS X to a VM (or back). I also have a Thunderbolt docking station and haven't noticed any difference in stability or performance between devices connected directly or via that station.

Finally, features. Everything I need is there: full screen (either single monitor or spanning multiple monitors), isolation or sharing with Mac, ISO file boot up, etc.

I had to contact customer service, initially by email and then on IM, to figure out how to switch a VM to full screen in native 1920x1080 resolution on an external full HD monitor. They were patient and walked me though necessary settings quickly.

One thing that I had to adjust to was that not all keyboard shortcuts from Windows work unchanged in a Windows VM, but I got the hang of it (e.g. if Control-... doesn't do what it's supposed try Command-Control-...). PD9 probably has to appease OS X here so I don't blame them.

BEABA Multiportions Containers, Green
BEABA Multiportions Containers, Green
Offered by Apple Green Baby
Price: $19.49
18 used & new from $12.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, April 1, 2014
Our old one cracked after a long and faithful service so we had to get a replacement. Still using the good parts of the old container too :-).

Etekcity Lasergrip 1080 Non-contact Digital Laser IR Infrared Thermometer Temperature Gun, Yellow/Black
Offered by Etekcity
Price: $21.89
2 used & new from $17.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Very handy, March 25, 2014
Works as advertised, very easy to use. Because the precision is not as fine as that of say body temperature thermometers, I rely on this gun mostly for relative measurements, e.g. how many degrees of a drop it is between a wall and a windowsill.

I purchased this model because it was the cheapest with the laser pointer and 12:1 distance spot ratio. Some other manufacturers charge higher price, hide that ratio deep in the documentation and often it turns out to be lower. If you require even more control consider getting one with two laser pointers that show the size of the spot.

(OLD MODEL) Seagate Expansion 4TB Desktop External Hard Drive USB 3.0 (STBV4000100)
Offered by Warehouse Deals 4 Less
Price: Click here to see our price
44 used & new from $89.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and spacious basic external HDD that works well on Mac and Linux, September 1, 2013
It's a bargain-basement kind of an external HDD, black plastic enclosure with a tiny blue light is the complete list of adornments you get. There's not even a desk space-saving stand included to keep the drive upright. But given the price it's only fair, everything is well made and feels like it's going to last. The speed is good on USB2; I haven't tried USB3 yet.

I reformatted the drive on a Mac with HFS+ and use it on both Linux and Mac now.

Samsung Multifunction ProXpress SL-M3370FD Monochrome Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax
Offered by Adorama Camera
Price: $249.00
45 used & new from $147.03

1.0 out of 5 stars Unfinished product with incorrect description, August 20, 2013
Laser printers have come down in price and toner cost enough to justify buying one for our home office. I've had high hopes for this new model because we use and like a number of Samsung products already: SL-M3370FD appeared to be affordable, very fast, well-networked, Linux and Mac friendly and last but not least, power- and money-saving printer. I've printed the return labels already...

First things first, here's what's wrong with the description:

1. It's *not* wireless; SL-M3370FD doesn't have a wifi module, only the models ending in "FW" do but of course I didn't know that until after I started setting it up; in the end I've just connected it to a router with a spare CAT5 cable;
2. There's no duplex scanning or faxing, only printing.

Here's what's wrong with hardware:

3. Manual feed didn't work, I got a paper jam every time I tried feeding a letter sheet; not even experimenting with envelopes;
4. Got a "toner cartridge error" message out of the blue once, had to use the power switch in the back to reboot the printer.

We have only Linux and Mac computers so none of the below was tried on Windows. With that out of the way, here's what's wrong with the software:

5. Samsung Easy Printer Manager on Mac OS X 10.7.5 doesn't work, acts like it can't connect to the printer; I haven't tried direct USB connection; silver lining here is that apparently printing and scanning works fine without Easy Printer Manager, and one can manage the printer remotely from its built-in Web site;
6. Despite a successful SMTP server test I never received a Scan to Email job, not even in my spam folder;
7. Bonjour/Airprint/mDNS stopped working for some reason; I've set up the printer on one Mac without any issues but a couple of days later it wouldn't show up in the list on another Mac -- this may also be a problem with my router of course;

I tried to contact support by live chat on Samsung site as well as by email. Live chat representative said this is a business printer and I better talk to business support people but on the phone only, they cannot be contacted by email or live chat. I then proceeded to find a business support email and send them a note (it was late so I decided against calling). They replied within 24 hours but I found the response unhelpful. Anyway, here's what's wrong with support:

8. There's no support page for this model with downloads etc., click Support at [...] and you get Page Not Found; that live chat however gave me an idea so I looked up this model on business site ([...] and that one does link to a support page: [...]
9. Business support representative suggested I download and install Samsung printer drivers from Apple site (not Samsung) and even offered a KB link but I tried and this didn't revive Easy Printer Manager.

Is there anything good about it? Yes: print speed is amazingly fast.

I've already placed an order for Canon Laser imageCLASS MF4890dw Wireless Monochrome Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax, really hope that one is better.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 20, 2014 5:15 AM PDT

Bloom Fresco Chrome Starter Kit, Canary Yellow
Bloom Fresco Chrome Starter Kit, Canary Yellow
Offered by Pokkadots
Price: $100.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very easy to put on the chair, buckles up securely, August 7, 2013
Our Bloom chair is five years old and this item doesn't match it precisely. Original bottom belt had a plastic insert (not removable) that attached securely to the bottom of the chair; this item's bottom belt came with just a loop that was supposed to be attached to some plastic part we didn't have (there was a picture of it in the instruction booklet). But the solution was very easy, I put a nail through the belt loop and secured the nail to a plastic part that holds the booster seat. Other than that the installation was easy. The buckle is a lot better than what we had previously, both in looks and function. Nice color too.

Casio Men's PAS410B-5V Pathfinder Moon Phase Hunting Timer Watch
Casio Men's PAS410B-5V Pathfinder Moon Phase Hunting Timer Watch
Offered by Traveller Watches
Price: $250.00
2 used & new from $245.00

2.0 out of 5 stars May be nice as a watch but vibrating alarm doesn't wake me up, August 7, 2013
As a watch it sounds great for the price. I bought it for vibrating alarm to wake up me alone. It doesn't wake up anybody. Returned.

Havahart Medium Professional Style One-Door Animal Trap for Rabbit, Skunk, Mink, and Squirrel - 1078
Price: $35.22
39 used & new from $29.94

1.0 out of 5 stars Trigger is too tight, August 7, 2013
I have a picture of this trap with a rabbit inside literally sitting on the trigger plate. Nothing I tried worked (other reviewers had some helpful advice which sounded good enough), the door remained comfortably open for rabbits to get both in and out. Returned it.

Earthwise LST10012 12-Inch 18 Volt Lithium Ion Cordless Electric String Trimmer/Edger

5.0 out of 5 stars Efficient light trimmer with a good battery and 110-220 V charger, August 7, 2013
We've used one of these for a few months. It's very light, not too noisy, and very convenient in operation. Main functions work as expected; I didn't need to put in a new cord yet so that's not part of this review. The battery is enough to do a full round of trimming in countless nooks that I can't reach on a riding mower. My wife likes this trimmer and is very comfortable using it. One additional perk is the charger: it happens to be a rare feature for battery grass trimmers to have a range of voltage options (110-220 V). This allowed us to buy one more of this item and give it to our family in Europe. They love it too.

Page: 1 | 2