Profile for Androider > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Androider RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Triple A
Triple A

3.0 out of 5 stars Generally enjoyable until...., June 7, 2014
This review is from: Triple A (App)
the horrible second music track wakes you out of your relaxed mind state and makes you want to bash you're phone and head against a wall. Seriously, it totally ruins the experience and is antithetical to the purpose of this app. I can't imagine what the developers were thinking. The visuals of the app are quite nice, although limited like their other products, but I would only use it with the music turned off.

ChapStick Lipshield 365, 0.15-Ounce (Pack of 4)
ChapStick Lipshield 365, 0.15-Ounce (Pack of 4)
Price: $8.52
5 used & new from $3.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Damaging to lips and looks and feels awful, February 9, 2014
I've used various chapstick products for decades so was shocked by the effects of this one. This made the skin on my lips peel off in layers. It was horribly painful and of course looked hideous.

I bought it for the spf when I am outside for hours at a time. The first thing I noticed is that it feels very uncomfortable on the lips - not smooth and hydrating but cakey and dry. I thought I would see if it would "melt" as I wore it and wanted to still try it for the sun protection.

Then I finally saw myself in the mirror and was embarrassed that I had been walking around in public like that. It looks very white on the lips - it does not go on clear - it leaves a thick white residue. You really don't want to be seen wearing this. When I mentioned it later to a friend who had seen me that day, he said he had been afraid to say something and insult me but that his immediate reaction upon seeing my lips was "WTH" and he thought there must be something really wrong with me (that I was either very seriously ill or had had a breakdown) - all because of this chapstick!

So, not wanting to waste it, I saved it for my vacation when I wouldn't be around people. On the second day of using this my lips started cracking. By the third day they were bleeding and the fourth day were peeling off in layers that I could not do anything to stop. I couldn't imagine it was chapstick doing this, which is why I did not stop using it immediately. In fact I was applying more because of the raw state of my lips. I ended up needing to go to my doctor it got so painful and my lips were so torn up. She gave me some ointment and I applied only that until my lips healed. I then went back to using Chapstick Moisturizer lip balm since my lips needed to stay hydrated after that.

A couple months later, I still couldn't believe it was this chapstick that had cause me so much pain and was wondering if it was coincidence. Since I had saved the prescription ointment, I tried this chapstick again for just 24 hours. The peeling and cracking started again. So of course I stopped immediately and applied the ointment.

I wanted to write this to warn people. Of course this may not happen to everyone. But with so many other choices for lip protection that do not damage lips and that do not look awful and feel awful when you apply it, why bother with one that makes you look sick or crazy and that has the potential to seriously damage your skin?

Deco Sketch
Deco Sketch
Price: $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Adware, September 17, 2013
This review is from: Deco Sketch (App)
Got the same Lookout Security warning about installing adware as other have. Have never gotten this warning with any other app. I downloaded the latest Lookout version from the Play store just a few seconds ago and it gives the same warning that this app is installing adware.

Insight Timer - Meditation Timer
Insight Timer - Meditation Timer
Price: $2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Screen dimmer does not work, March 8, 2013
I haven't read the other reviews so I don't know if this is happening on all phones, but on my Galaxy Nexus the "screen dimmer" option does not work, which means I cannot use this app. The app also does not work if the screen is manually shut off, which is why I assume they added what was supposed to be a dimmer.

I cannot use the app with the screen on for multiple reasons - I have an Super AMOLED screen, which this app, if the screen is left on, can cause screen burn-in permanently damaging my display, it also drains battery life quickly with the screen on, and I meditate at night and the glare even with my eyes closed is irritating.

My system screen timeout is set to 30 seconds and works fine when this app is not running but this app keeps the screen on at all times and overrides the set timeout. I have the app option checked to dim the screen, which is supposed to shut off the backlight, but as I said, it does not shut it off or dim it even slightly.

I've tried resetting the settings several times, rebooting, using the app both on battery and plugged in, but it never works. I let it go for 15 minutes to see if it had it's own dimmer timer set but it never shut off. I couldn't let it go any longer for fear of damaging my display. Not to mention that the amount of time was already too long for it to kick in and still be useful. If I manually turn off the display, the app stops, so there is simply no way to use it.

Last Fish
Last Fish

1.0 out of 5 stars Tilt controls don't work, February 17, 2013
This review is from: Last Fish (App)
I was really hoping to like this app but like another reviewer stated, the fish just goes to the side and stays stuck to the side. I cannot move it away. I have many apps that use tilt controls, the accelerometer, etc, and they all function perfectly. Nothing is wrong with my phone but this app is completely unplayable and the tilt controls don't work. I have a Galaxy Nexus, which all android apps should be tested on before release since it is the pure Google Android OS. I noticed the other reviewer with this exact same complaint had a pure Android OS device as well. This appears to be a blatant failure on the part of the dev to not test his app on Google flagship devices, which should be the first line of testing.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 17, 2013 2:11 PM PST

Red Weed
Red Weed
Price: $0.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Won't allow you to exit app and keeps running, January 3, 2013
This review is from: Red Weed (App)
I can only give 1 star to an app that purposely does not allow you to exit. The app makes the phone's back button non-functional and does not give an in-app exit button. If you hit the home button (the only way to use your phone again), the app keeps running constantly until you force close (kill) it or reboot your phone. This has clearly been done purposely by the developer and is not an accidental bug. This combined with the full network access privileges makes this app malicious.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 3, 2013 2:46 PM PST

Kunundrum
Kunundrum

5.0 out of 5 stars Currently, this is one of my top go-to games, December 11, 2012
This review is from: Kunundrum (App)
By "go-to" I mean whenever I have time to play a game on my phone, it's one of the first I think about opening. It's a challenging puzzle game but starts out easy so you can learn how it works. I've been playing everyday for a week and have not gotten bored with it. I like that it not only increases in difficulty but adds new elements, which is one of the reasons it has not gotten boring for me.

I'm rating this five stars but there a few things that are both positive and negative that I will mention.

1. There is a link at the bottom of the screen (semi-hidden until you swipe up on it) to bring up a youtube video of the solution to each puzzle. On one hand, this can be handy, since if a puzzle is driving you crazy and you just want to finally know the answer, you don't have to go searching around for a solution. However, some people don't like any external links in games. This can particularly be true for people who have children using their phone or who pay for their children's phones. Opening up an internet browser from a link in the game can be a concern. Although I am the only person who uses the phone I have this game on, the thing that I don't like about it is that it is easy to accidentally bring up the box with the "solve" link on it and either mistakenly hit the solve button or just be annoyed by it coming up again. I would prefer if you'd have to hit a menu button for the option to solve to come up so that mistakes wouldn't happen.

2. There is not an overview screen where you can see your progress on all levels at a glance. You can only scroll through them one at a time. So if you have one or two stars some levels and want to go back to it later but have moved on to other levels, you cannot quickly find previous levels - you have to scroll through one by one to see your progress on each. This is the biggest negative of the playing experience for me, but even combined with the annoyance I mentioned at the bottom of #1, is not enough to knock off a star.

3. Depending on your personal preferences, this may be good or bad, but you can skip levels. I'm ok with this but I can see both sides. The positive is that you don't have to quit playing just because you're stuck on a level, which is great. The negative is that it's more challenging when you have to complete a level to go on and you are forced to stick to it. Since this game provides a solution link for each level, it doesn't really seem necessary to be able to skip levels, but I still have a slight preference for being allowed to skip levels since sometimes I still want to work on a level later with fresh eyes (without being told the solution) but would like to keep playing the game. So for me this is not a negative at all, but mentioning it for others.

So, one of my favorite games right now. It has a couple annoyances that could be easily fixed or modified. Even if nothing changes, I would still be happy with the game.

The Lost City
The Lost City

4.0 out of 5 stars Good adventure game app, December 11, 2012
This review is from: The Lost City (App)
I used to love the adventure games I used to play in the early days of personal computers, so I've been trying out some of the Android adventure games recently out of nostalgia. After trying around 10 different adventure apps, this was the first one I can say I liked.

It was fun, had a cute story, and I liked the season changing motif. It was a mixture of simple and challenging. There were a couple spots where I had to use the hints and I don't think it would have been possible to know what to do next, or at least in what order, without the hints unless you simply got lucky (I don't want to give any spoilers here so I won't be specific). That's the main reason for one less star. I try to never use hints and think a puzzle should be able to be completed without them and without just luck.

However, since there are hints available (included in the app) at least it was not one of those frustrating situations where a puzzle is unsolveable. My only other disappointment is actually also a positive statement about the game. I wish there was more to it because I wanted to keep playing. I don't know if the dev plans on adding new adventures to it, which would be great, but it seems more likely it is one of those self-contained finite games that will not be added to. Looking at the other app by this dev, it also is said to be short, so without any other info, I'd assume this is all there is.

Overall, I liked it and would consider trying the other app by this app maker. I'd encourage the dev to make the games longer, but as long as they don't charge more than 99 cents, I think it's still acceptable.

Topple Drop
Topple Drop

3.0 out of 5 stars Torn about how to rate this app, November 4, 2012
This review is from: Topple Drop (App)
I'd like to rate this app higher than I did because it definitely has potential but there were enough things I didn't like that made me go for a 3 star for now. I like the game in general. I've played only 12 levels so far but did not find a steep increase in sudden difficulty after the first few levels like others have said. The point of these kind of physics games is to make you think a bit while you fun - it can't all be the same solution or plainly laid out for you or it wouldn't be a challenge at all. I also really appreciate the lack of permissions which is another reason I was tempted to rate this higher and I wish more app developers would follow.

However, the reasons I've rated it 3 stars are the following. 1) The app size is way too large for what this game is. For now, I have room for it on my phone, but if I need room, it will be the first thing to go. 2) Some buttons are not clickable on my phone. Most annoyingly, the volume buttons. I have to turn off my phone volume completely since I cannot control the volume in the app after trying many times. Neither of the volume buttons in the app are selectable for me 3) Well, this is not as big a deal to me as the other two, but the app has both a look and sound that is very childish. Maybe it was aimed to be only played by children, particularly little boys. Fart noises and "visuals," for example, are really not something I care for at all and wouldn't want to encourage in children either.

So, overall, I like the gameplay in general so far, but it needs optimization and improvements in functionality, and I personally would prefer a less childish version.

Siege Hero
Siege Hero
Price: $0.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Dev should've stated lack of support for latest Operating Systems, September 15, 2012
This review is from: Siege Hero (App)
It should have been clearly stated in the description that there was no support for Jelly Bean and other modern OS versions. For those that don't know, devs DO get paid for each download of the free app of the day - it's just not by us. So when devs pull something like this to get more people to download instead of revealing the truth about their apps, it is not innocent. I would not have downloaded this app if the dev had done the right thing and told us it would not function at all and would make the phone unstable unless you had an old operating system, which I don't.

Page: 1 | 2