Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS
Profile for I. Nevas > Reviews

Browse

I. Nevas' Profile

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

I. Nevas "In Service of Truth" RSS Feed (Among the genetically engineered cornfields, IA USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Cutting the Ties That Bind: Growing Up and Moving On
Cutting the Ties That Bind: Growing Up and Moving On
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Original, authentic, effective, November 26, 2015
The technique explained in this book is effective. It does what it says it does. It has effected deep change in my life and the lives of others I've used it with.

It is very helpful, when starting out, to find someone who has been certified by Phyllis, to get you started.

Understand that this requires you to practice some simple exercises regularly. You will benefit in proportion to your own self effort. With dedication, you can achieve miracles.

Gaiam Thirsty Yoga Mat Towel (Tangerine/Posy)
Gaiam Thirsty Yoga Mat Towel (Tangerine/Posy)
Price: $11.45
12 used & new from $10.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Strongly don't recommend, and here's why:, June 2, 2015
This review is from: Gaiam Thirsty Yoga Towels (Sports)
I'm sorry to say this was a very poor purchase.

1) The mat is too small! This is the biggest problem. It's way too short, and not wide enough to cover my yoga mat. That is the main reason I bought it, was to get a towel that was the right size, but too big would have been better than too small. Just buy a cheap large towel, it will cover your matt better and be less expensive.

2) The material the mat is made from is worse than a normal towel. It doesn't stick to the mat so much as it sticks to your bare foot, and then pulls up and moves around as you move your feet around, making it cover even less of the mat.

Switch: How to Change Things When Change Is Hard
Switch: How to Change Things When Change Is Hard
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $14.99
4 used & new from $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, Clear, Practical, January 23, 2015
There's not a huge amount to say about this book, but that's not a bad thing. It says it all as concisely as possible at the end, and elaborates it in each chapter. I haven't researched this field exaustivly, but I've read a few books on this kind of thing, since I want to change my life, and this book seems the most useful of all of them. It doesn't just focus on one tiny element of change, it covers all of them, and makes the information something you can act on.

The only thing missing from a complete how to book on improving your life is a discussion of figuring out what you want to change your life too. But that is really it's own separate topic so I don't fault the book for that. Highly reccomended.

Yinchiao - 120 pills,(Solstice)
Yinchiao - 120 pills,(Solstice)
Offered by SolsticeMed
Price: $8.50
5 used & new from $7.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake, January 16, 2014
This is not what was advertised. The real stuff is just herbs and this had Tylenol (Acetaminophen) as the main ingredient and some other modern drug. If I want tylenol, I'll buy tylenol. Also barely, came in time. Took the full two weeks or whatever the long end of the delivery estimate was. Would not order from these guys again. There are no other reviews of this so I wonder if they already got complaints and re-listed to try and get some more suckers. Should perhaps give the seller a poor review as well.

It says its great wall brand but it must be a knock-off.

P3 File Set PIP 93101
P3 File Set PIP 93101
Offered by The Game Addict
Price: $8.47
8 used & new from $4.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Where's the point?!, May 22, 2013
This review is from: P3 File Set PIP 93101 (Toy)
These files are supposed to be for filing off mold lines, which is all well and good when the mold lines are on easy to reach convex or flat surfaces. But the points of these files are super blunt and have no working teeth. So trying to get into tight spaces like creases with them is impossible for me. Concave surfaces are a problem too but I don't know how a different file would fix that unless it was a completely different shape. But the blunt and useless tips (some of them even bent slightly) smack of low quality. I had an actual set of jewelers files and they were much, much higher quality. I'd recommend you spring for them if you want fine, precise tips that are actually functional. I wish I still had them. Maybe they were trying to protect little kids from gouging out their eyes with the pointy tips? But I don't buy that, since you're going to be working with hobby knives anyways.

Sex Appeal: The Art of Allure in Graphic and Advertising Design
Sex Appeal: The Art of Allure in Graphic and Advertising Design
by Steven Heller
86 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly interesting, mostly fluff., April 16, 2013
Not worth the time, though I did end up speed reading through the whole thing, just to be sure. Someone recommended this book as a source of education for making sexually appealing art. It is not very helpful for that.

It gives some names of artists who were good at that and interesting fashion campaigns and discussions about how different fonts can be sexual and other random things. It is composed of essays by a bunch of different people. There was some interesting information. But it kind of felt like the author, who has published hundreds of books, was just cr@ping out another one, without care for quality. If you're looking for an education, you will sadly have to look elsewhere. If you are looking for somewhat interesting analysis of sex as used in advertising, typesetting, and media in general, this is a dated, but OK book.

My advice from future me to past me would be to skip it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Fit, Nice Look, April 16, 2013
I was surprised with these pants. After looking for some white jeans for a dance performance, out of all the one's I ordered, these were the best mixture of good look and good fit for moving around. I also think they show off my posterior well.

Unfortunately the black stitching won't work for the performance, but I might be keeping them anyways just to wear, since I like them so much. I'm normally a 31 for a comfortable fit and these are just right for a tighter fit at a 30.

BlazBlue Calamity Trigger (PC DVD) UK Edition
BlazBlue Calamity Trigger (PC DVD) UK Edition
Offered by POSTED FROM UK UNITED KINGDOM!!!!
Price: $5.99
8 used & new from $5.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Port. Beware., April 5, 2013
Ugh. This dammed port cost me about 5 hours of my life. I tried installing it, twice. It seemed to install, though it took for freaking ever to do so, but when I finally tried to launch the game... nothing happened. I would get to the launcher, click play, and nothing. I fiddled around, trying various things, looking on the internet for help, made sure I met the system requirements, but nothing was helpful. So much computer rage. Not only that, but because this was shipped from the UK, not only did it not work, but to return it, the shipping to me plus the shipping back may have cost as much as the game itself. So I'm paying 15$ (AFTER getting refunded) for the privilege of being pissed of and having my time wasted. Bah!
>:C

This is the first game I've ever tried to install that hasn't worked, so it ain't my computer, which is a newish, beefy desktop running windows 7.

STAY AWAY. Unless you want to gamble away 15-20$ and possibly a few hours of irritation. (It took at least 45 minutes to install each time). I wish I'd had this review to read before wasting so much of my time and energy for nothing.

It's sad because the game itself looks really cool.

I don't know how the seller is. This isn't a review of them. They've let me send it back for a refund, so they seem good. Though it's unfortunate it wasn't with amazon, 'cus the return shipping is ridiculous, barely worth returning it. (maybe I'm just an idiot and doing an overly expensive form of shipping? it was just the standard thing at the post office, but it does have to go back overseas. Which is weird, because the shipping to me was much less. like 4$ vs. 13$ back.)
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 8, 2013 9:30 AM PDT

Black & Decker HV9010P Retriever Pet-Series Cyclonic-Action Corded Dustbuster and Blower

5.0 out of 5 stars Recomend without reservation. but caution: LOUD, March 20, 2013
I got this to replace my battery operated hand vac that figuratively sucks tremendously because it literally can't suck at all. I got so fed up trying to coax the lightest bits of dust into it, and having it run out of charge halfway through cleaning, that I decided to spend a bit more money getting a high powered corded version. I am very satisfied with my purchase.

This has really strong suction, and it stays strong. The cord is plenty long enough for my 25' by 15' bedroom. The hose attachment is great for getting in nooks and crannies without having to move everything around to access them. I've got a hardwood floor and it collects hair and dirt and dust bunnies like crazy, and this thing takes care of it all and then some.

The only downsides are:

It's loud enough to be uncomfortable if you use it for any length of time, so you'd better hope you don't need to vacuum late at night or early in the morning with people trying to sleep in the other room. Earplugs recommended for long vacuuming sessions.

Second, the suction does eventually start to reduce a bit, but as far as I can tell that's from the filter getting full of dust and the simple solution is either to scrape it off the filter with an old toothbrush if you're cheap like me or buy another filter.

I've had this baby for 8 months and it's just as powerful as when I bought it (I've cleaned out the filter maybe twice.) which is more than I can say for my cheap battery operated one, whose battery lost it's charge almost immediately, and could barely suck up a grain of dust after the first 6 months. It's also more than can be said for one of my friend's corded hand vacuums, who's suction power is now close to that of my battery operated one.

Bottom line, be careful when buying these. Some are awesome, some loose their suction and/or battery capacity quickly rendering them useless (damn you planned obsolescence!).

I'd give it a 4/5 because of the noise, except it sounds like all little vacuums this powerful are pretty noisy, so quiet doesn't seem to be an option.

Internet Security Barrier X6
Internet Security Barrier X6

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Job Protecting, Bad Job Preformance, March 20, 2013
I had X4 and then they made be get X6 eventually. Eventually my mac got slower and slower, freezing more often, choking on programs. I tried re-installing the whole operating system, nothing helped. Then I tried uninstalling this hog and everything got way better instantly. This is on a Macbook air 2011.

Pro's: didn't get any viruses or anything else, as far as I can tell.
Con's: killed performance, made computer periodically crash.

Final decision: was to uninstall it and just try and not be stupid while surfing the internet. So far, way happier with that setup. So I guess that's ultimately a thumbs down. But I couldn't find anything that looked like it would be better, so if you need anti-virus for your mac, this is probably as good as any of the other good options. I have webroot for my PC and it doesn't effect performance at all, but that computer's a bit of a beast (it's my gaming rig) so it's not the best test subject, and when I tried to get webroot for my mac, it said it only supports lion, not snow leopard.

So this is perhaps a review against mac anti-virus in general. If you're reasonably internet savvy, maybe just get an app that scan's your computer on command, rather than constantly in the background.

anyhoo, that's my thoughts

(note: I actually got it direct download, not via CD-rom, but I can't find that page. They probably discontinued it because they've got a newer version.)

Page: 1 | 2