Profile for Alex McCarthy > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 94

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Alex McCarthy RSS Feed (Kennesaw, GA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Anker® 40W 5-Port High Speed Desktop USB Charger with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone, iPad Air 2, Samsung Galaxy, Nexus, HTC, Nokia and More (Black)
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $49.99
36 used & new from $20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Geek overload?, October 8, 2014
This is THE charger to get. I first wanted it to be plug right up to the wall, rather than corded. But, I'm glad it is corded, so I don't have any more wall warts on the wall. It is a standard cord in the back too, so you can get a shorter, or longer one for maybe a dollar at the store.

This charger has five IQ ports, and it charges everything I have, super fast! Once again... Anker.. stop making so many awesome toys! Just kidding! This charger is so great to show off to other geeks. Engraved my name into it.. just in case.. I'm terrible.. jeez.

Xlear Nasal Spray, 1.5 fl oz liquid
Xlear Nasal Spray, 1.5 fl oz liquid
Offered by _AllXylitol_
Price: $10.79
25 used & new from $9.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Headache? Where?, October 8, 2014
I had some serious headaches for a LONG time (2+ years), and I started flushing my sinuses out with neti pots (saline), then ocean mist / saline drops, then this stuff.

Here's my recipe for sinus headaches.

Flood your nose with saline / neti pot, OR flood your nose with the ocean mist saline type drops. I mean, snort this stuff until you almost puke from the salty goodness in your throat. (once it gets to your throat).

Once you have let it all loosen up, up there. Do it again. Flood your sinuses with normal saline drops / neti / ocean mist. Just snort the stuff violently. Get it nice and drenched.

All of the pressure up there with loosen up after like 30 minutes of suffering.

Blow out all you can.

Use the Xlear Spray once you are all clear.

Enjoy not having a sinus headache. Repeat every now and then. Tell your doctor you fixed the problem for like 15 bucks and you want your co-pay's back.

Genuine Gear BDU Trouser , Khaki, Large Regular
Genuine Gear BDU Trouser , Khaki, Large Regular
Price: $29.99
13 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Workin' pants, October 8, 2014
This review is from: Propper BDU Trouser (Apparel)
Great for work, great to drive in (loose in the crotch) and great for all around use! I wear these as part of my work uniform every single day. NO complaints!

5.11 1.5-Inch Double Duty Tdu Belt (Coyote/ Black, X-Large)
5.11 1.5-Inch Double Duty Tdu Belt (Coyote/ Black, X-Large)
Price: $22.99
11 used & new from $17.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Belty belt, October 8, 2014
I wear Khaki BDU's to work every day. This belt is coyote and black, but, it pretty much matches my pants on the coyote side. It is nice and heavy duty, and fits through standard belt loops. Love this belt! Will get more when my other leather ones die.

Italian Wool Blanket NEW #1 Super Heavy Duty and WARM - Army Surplus NOS -
Italian Wool Blanket NEW #1 Super Heavy Duty and WARM - Army Surplus NOS -
Offered by factoryfuntoys
Price: $68.00
5 used & new from $61.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Iced In, October 8, 2014
Yes - it has an odor to it that seems to stay around forever. Yes - it is itchy to have on your bare skin. Yes - it is very heavy. So what part of WOOL, and SUPER HEAVY DUTY didn't you read? Just joking. But, this is a VERY nice item to have in your car for getting stuck in an ice storm, or whatever. I have it packed into my (very heavy) car emergency bag. It can double as a hoodie type cloak thing. I was stuck in this crappy ice storm last year, and was trapped on the highway for about 4 hours before having to abandon my car, and walk about 4 miles through the lovely weather, to get back to work - where I was stuck for another 30 hours. Yeah - who was the only guy with a toothbrush, wool blanket, socks, deodorant, snacks, flashlight, usb charger? This guy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 6, 2014 10:28 PM PST

WwWSuppliers New "Treasure Keeper" Skull & Bones Pink Crocodile PU Leather Fashion Bling Dog Puppy Cat or Kitten Collar (Small 8"-11 1/2")
Offered by WorldWide Web Suppliers
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a pretty big collar, October 8, 2014
This is a pretty big collar, I got it for my Bengal when she was a baby. She's just now fitting into it good (almost 1 year old). This is made very well - and hasn't lost any of the 'stones' from it, despite my cat's attempts. It did get decently scratched up from the other kitties attacking it. Lol. Very nice product!

BAFX Products - Bluetooth OBD2 scan tool - For check engine light & diagnostics - Android ONLY
Offered by BAFX Products
Price: $23.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Bulky, but, works as advertised, October 8, 2014
This product works fine on my 2014 Toyota Corolla FYI. The only pseudo complaint I would have, is that it is bulky. It sticks down from my OBDII port, and almost hits my shin. Not a huge deal, they make OBDII splitters, so maybe I'll stick it up under the dash more permanently. That way emissions people can hook up, without messing with it. I'm running with Torque Pro, and haven't explored too much of the app, because it is massive. Pretty sweet device though.

Anker® 2nd Gen Astro Pro2 20000mAh 4-Port Aluminum Portable External Battery Charger with 9V/12V Multi-Voltage Port and PowerIQ™ Technology for iPad Air mini, iPhone 6 5s 5c 5; Galaxy S5 S4, Tab 2, Note, Nexus, MOTO X, G, LG Optimus, HTC One, PS Vita and More
2 used & new from $115.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Get It already!, October 8, 2014
Get ready to geek out! This thing is awesome. It will charge my tablet (nexus 7) from 1% battery, to 100% one full time, and about 3/4 of the way again. The external pack itself charges via an external custom ac adapter (NOT USB) and it takes 6-8 hours maybe. The unit is fairly heavy (not complaining - just stating). And it has 3 IQ ports on it, so it will charge all things USB (that I own). Stop thinking about it, and get it. It's ANOTHER great Anker product! I wish they'd stop coming out with new stuff, I'm going broke. Just kidding! Can't wait to go geek / bushcraft camping. Geekcraft?

Gold Toe Men's 3-Pack Cushion Athletic Liner Sock, Black/Royal, 10-13
Gold Toe Men's 3-Pack Cushion Athletic Liner Sock, Black/Royal, 10-13
Price: $12.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Multi color, October 8, 2014
I ordered the Black / Royal, and got all three colors - 3pk + 3 colors. Yellow, purple, and blue. I don't really care - they are socks. But, perhaps they should mention this. The socks are great though. Comfy, fit as expected, and don't have more than one hole in them.

Japanese Cast Iron Tea Pot Tea Set Blue Arr
Japanese Cast Iron Tea Pot Tea Set Blue Arr
Offered by JAPAN MARKET (USA)
Price: $38.95
7 used & new from $35.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice set, October 8, 2014
Very nice tea set - at 1/3 the price of the exact same set at ______vana at the mall.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10