Profile for Mike > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mike RSS Feed

Briggs & Stratton 30470 7000-Watt Gas Powered Portable Generator with 2100 Series 420cc Engine and Key Electric Start, Engine Oil Included
Offered by Contractor Bargains
Price: $949.00
9 used & new from $948.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Unexpected Damage, April 15, 2011
I purchased this generator after researching for quite awhile. The reviews on all websites were overwhelmingly positive, and I have always been well pleased with Briggs and Stratton products. However, after receiving this shipment I found that the choke was broken off the carburetor, two rear engine mount bolts were sheared off at the heads, and the negative battery terminal had one end broken off. None off these pieces were located anywhere near each other that would suggest damage from being dropped. I inspected the box as I received it and there was absolutely no damage to the container. So this generator must have left the factory in this condition.
After fixing the battery cable, the engine mount bolts, rigging the choke, and completing all necessary preparation procedures - I stared the generator up by electric start and immediately heard a loud screeching from the manual pull rewind. I shut it down and found that the rewind was broken off at the head on the inside. I then left the head off and started the generator. It ran fine and smooth. I hooked up a well pump to it since this draws a tremendous amount off surge watts, and it handled it with no problem. Overall, I like this product, but am very wary of buying another B&G product. In my opinion, this kind of quality control is unacceptable. I wonder if it is now going to be their policy of displaying shoddy workmanship.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 16, 2014 10:51 AM PST