Profile for z3n > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

z3n RSS Feed

SquareTrade 4-Year Computer Protection Plan ($2000-$2500)
SquareTrade 4-Year Computer Protection Plan ($2000-$2500)
Offered by SquareTrade
Price: $331.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Horrible that you need it, Amazing that you have it., December 2, 2011
I've had the Warranty for almost two years now - and thankfully had no need for it until last week. Due to an unfortunate mix of my lack of grip and the existence of gravity - my iPad lost a fight with a tile floor. The process for receiving a replacement/funds is so easy it hurts my brain to wonder why other places make it so hard. I work in the IT field, so I'm used to having to call four people and fill out 12 forms just for a replacement part - let alone a full replacement or refund. All I had to do was log onto the website and fill out a few fields - and my request for repair/refund was sent. Next, they emailed me an overnight UPS label - I packed up my iPad, and away it went. Within two or three days (it was right before Thanksgiving that I sent it in) I received notice that they received my iPad, and that low and behold it was too old to fix - so they would simply credit me an Amazon gift card for it's original worth (not what you could buy it for on Craigslist - which is substantially less) - you decide when you submit the form what method of payment you would prefer - since I am a Prime member on Amazon and order entirely too much from here, I figured that would be my best bet - but you can also request a check for repayment if you prefer. Honestly, I bought the warranty as a hedge - just in case (largely expecting to break my iPad years ago if it were going to happen at all), but now I view it as an essential purchase. Seriously, save a few hundred and get one of these with whatever device you're purchasing.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 5, 2013 9:22 AM PDT