Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now DOTD
Profile for Andy > Reviews

Browse

Andy's Profile

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Andy RSS Feed (California)

90W AC Power Adapter/Battery Charger for HP Pavilion dv4-2140US dv4-2145DX dv4-2160US dv5-1159SE dv5-1235DX dv5-1250US dv5TSE-1100 dv6-1053CL dv6-1352DX dv6-1353CL dv6-2150US dv6-2157US dv7-1247
Offered by BEST@ SELLER
Price: $7.79
21 used & new from $4.48

1.0 out of 5 stars went "Pop!" then was dead, December 22, 2015
Worked fine when I had a full battery (the battery stayed charged). The fist time I plugged it in when the batter was low, I heard a loud pop and the power supply was dead. I think the components are very cheap and can't really handle the full rated load, which in my case was a computer doing heavy calculations and charging the laptop battery simultaneously. I bought a higher priced (3x) 90W power supply and it works under all conditions.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Scam, December 11, 2014
Don't buy this. As others have said the apple tv comes with a remote. I'm adding a review to bring down average the rating on this scam bundle.

NOMA/INLITEN-IMPORT V28077-88 7-Light Bubble Light Set
NOMA/INLITEN-IMPORT V28077-88 7-Light Bubble Light Set
Price: $29.47
2 used & new from $15.84

5.0 out of 5 stars these bubble lights are beautiful, December 11, 2014
My father gave us a vintage string of bubble lights a couple of years ago. Since then a few bulbs have stopped working. I ordered this string to use for replacement bulbs and they worked perfectly.

NCAA Penn State Nittany Lions Premium Collection One Fit Cap, Large/X-Large, Navy
Offered by Power of 2 minds
Price: $12.00
2 used & new from $12.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a good hat., August 13, 2014
The seams are not straight. It is unusually tall. The "second team logo on the back" is a paw print (which i don't like).
Unfortunatley they charge a 20% restocking fee on returns. Add in the shipping and I've wasted $10.

Southern My Way: Simple Recipes, Fresh Flavors
Southern My Way: Simple Recipes, Fresh Flavors
by Gena Knox
39 used & new from $3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply great., May 20, 2012
We got this cookbook as a gift, and love it. The biscuit recipe is so easy and soooooo good. We've tried about 20 recipes in this book and have only been disappointed once. I'm buying it as a present for someone else right now. But don't spend more than $35 getting it from a non-amazon seller (at the time of this review it costs $65 from third party sellers on amazon. , look elsewhere and you can get it for the cover price of $35.

Sony SS-F6000 Floorstanding 4-Way Speakers (Pair, Black)
Sony SS-F6000 Floorstanding 4-Way Speakers (Pair, Black)
Offered by Eio
Price: $325.00
3 used & new from $250.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great - with better wire and receiver adjustments, April 10, 2012
When I first got these speakers and hooked them up I was a bit disappointed. After letting them play for several hours, they still seemed boomy and shrill, while lacking middle. I adjusted my receiver turning the treble all the way down and they bass down most of the way and then they sounded pretty good. At that point I decided they were worth keeping because they were a good price. I needed longer speaker wire, so I got a spool of heavy gauge wire at the hardware store. Hooking them up with better wire made a HUGE difference in the sound. I tried moving them back to where they were before the new wire to see if it was the positioning, and it wasn't. They I connected them back to the old wire. I couldn't believe the difference, it was like night and day. I don't understand why sony ships them with such cheap wire. Sony could probably get heavier gauge wire for very little, but I guess that's part of why their cheap - they expect you'll already have better wire, so why raise the price a few bucks to include wire most users won't need.

So my experience suggests:
1 - turn down your treble and bass to get more mid-range sound.
2 - ditch the included wire and use heavy gauge wire (i got mine at home depot 14 gauge, $25 for 100').

New Student Snare Drum Set with Case, Sticks, Stand and Practice Pad Kit
New Student Snare Drum Set with Case, Sticks, Stand and Practice Pad Kit
Price: $94.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great., December 26, 2011
I don't know much about drums, but this is a great set. The drum sounds like a drum (what more can you expect)? There is a lever on the side that lets you turn off the snares. With the snares it sounds like a marching drum, without the snares it sounds more like a tom-tom. It is also a bit quieter as a tom-tom (which is nice for mom and dad).
I find the stand to be sturdy, the drum won't budge when you whack away.
The bag is a bit flimsy but is fine for occasional toting. If my son were taking the drum to school everyday I'd want to get a better bag.
The only bad thing is that the practice pad stinks. Literally. The pad is a petroleum rubber and off-gasses a lot. It's been on our porch for a few days and seems to be getting better. It'll probably be a while before I bring it back in (the VOCs that it emits are not healthy).

More From Magnolia
More From Magnolia
by Allysa Torey
Price: $19.44
101 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Suggestion..., February 5, 2007
This review is from: More From Magnolia (Hardcover)
I've found that the reviews for this (and other) magnolia books seem to be very polarized. Professional cooks with years of experience getting terrible results and novice bakers getting fabulous results? If you're trying to decide like I was try making the cupcakes before buying the book. The vanilla cupcake recipe can be found on martha stewart's website, just search for magnolia. For me it turned out great, not quite as good as the bakery itself, but as close as I can expect from my junky oven. If you make them and like them, buy the book. If you make them and think they're terrible maybe the book is not for you...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 11, 2008 5:10 PM PDT