Profile for AOLfloppydisk > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

AOLfloppydisk RSS Feed (CA)

Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Xbox 360
Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Xbox 360
Offered by cellularboyz
Price: Click here to see our price
208 used & new from $19.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Same Old, Same Old, Okay Zombies Though!!, December 11, 2012
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
I will start by saying I'm one of the people that doesn't partake in the annual map add-ons that Activision calls "Full Games" I still play World at War and Black Ops 1. I don't understand why a franchise that sells this much can't afford to do some real R&D and develop an excellent game through and through.

I tried playing the campaign it just had a more stale feeling to it than any of the other CoD's I've ever played, unexciting, I played half way through before I was so bored I couldn't take anymore, I've never been too much into the Multiplayer so I can't comment on that.

The only positive side I can mention is the Zombie mode but even that's a mixed bag, on one hand it's fun and interesting, although I'd like it better if those annoying flying babies could be turned off so exploring between areas was fun and strategic, but no, your stuck in these tiny areas.

The Zombie mode now requires friends to get anywhere, running around by yourself good luck with that not as fun as BO1 and WaW Zombie modes in my opinion, hopefully there DLC will breathe more light into the Zombie mode. They really didn't innovate anything here, and those parts where you command units and tell them where to go etc, feels worthless and thrown in as a last minute attempt to be "Different" which failed miserably.

I am done with the CoD series until they seriously do some work on it, these games have become bland and stale. So I will sum it up two stars only cause the Zombie mode is kind of fun (only when you have good people to play with) but the rest of this is a add-on with the CoD name slapped onto it.

Luckily, I didn't buy this game, I borrowed from my brother and had it for a few weeks. He to was disappointed and traded it in the second he got it back from me to get Far Cry 3 (Puts this game to shame). I know there's a lot to be said with the Cod and Halo series, but at least the Halo's aren't every single year, if your not going to change anything give us a break in between at least...

Far Cry 3 - Xbox 360
Far Cry 3 - Xbox 360
Price: $17.15
179 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars FC3 my Instant Game of the Year, December 7, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Far Cry 3 - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I played Borderlands 2 and had hours of fun, Halo 4 came out and wowed with it's graphics, now we have Far Cry 3 and at the end of the year no doubt. I have been following this since it was announced and I pre-ordered, mind you I don't typically do that.

I have spent 20+ hours with this done some story missions and climbed about 10 radio towers, there is just so much packed into this game. It took a little bit to get used to, as the game doesn't hold your hands, it gives you the basics and leaves you to your own devices.

Once I got the hang of how the whole thing works I was hunting and crafting to make my hunter more efficient. Vaas is an excellent villain one of the best I've seen in a while. What I love most about this game is the randomness. Yesterday for the heck of it I decided to run into the jungle ran into a rare tiger, fought with him, killed him, then stumbled across a motorboat and drove it down a waterfall.

Started an enemy base on fire that spread into the forest animals scattering everywhere. Then I came across a cave and the game cycle entered night, cave was kind of creepy, then I heard the sounds of something in there, found some good loot, then a bear comes out from deep within the cave and kills me.

This was just 20 minutes of messing around, its easy to loose yourself for hours playing this game. There's just fun around every corner and the encounters are always random and different. I'm very impressed with the amount of constantly random content in this game.

This is my first Far Cry game, the cons always outweighed the pros to me but this one is way different and I'm happy to close off the year with this gem of a game.

Pros:
-Graphics
-Gameplay
-Story
-Randomness
-Openworld
-Vehicles

Cons:
-Some missions when your near the mission area and try to wander the game warns you "Leaving mission area turn back or fail the mission" this sucks cause the other day I found a rare animal and hunted them, once I skinned the animal I failed and had to restart at the last checkpoint and lost my rare animal skin.
-I would say the checkpoint system and the inability to save in mission is a setback.
-Also, you can't change active quest or turn off active quest in game i.e. Skyrim, Borderlands 2.

Other than those minor gripes this is BY FAR my Game of the Year!!!

Hitman: Absolution - Xbox 360
Hitman: Absolution - Xbox 360
Price: $10.99
223 used & new from $3.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Addition to the Hitman IP, December 7, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This game is amazing, the gunplay is fun, shootouts are fun. Love the cover mechanics and the options to make the kill. The story is okay, not the best, but Hitman has never been about the story.

My only gripe with the game is that there are no loadouts, which I understand don't fit with the story. But after you play it through once, they should allow you to choose what arsenal to take into each level like in Blood Money. This just adds to the replay value of the game being able to try it numerous different ways.

Halo 4 - Xbox 360 (Standard Game)
Halo 4 - Xbox 360 (Standard Game)
Offered by Jim's Electronics
Price: $11.40
507 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Halo's Future is in Good Hands..., December 7, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
343 Industries did an exceptional job with this game, very impressed.

Graphics 10/10
Gunplay/Gameplay 10/10
Story 9/10 = Lacking in some areas, but what Halo game had a "Perfect" story.

I thought this game was a mix of the best of ALL the Halo games, I played Halo 3 online for years, this game has a good online function, the amazing graphics in an online setting work very well. They've added some things here and there to add there own signature to the series. A lot of people forget that a lot of the core people that worked on the other Halo's are with 343 Industries.

Look forward to Halo 5 and 6.

Rage - Xbox 360
Rage - Xbox 360
Offered by Electronica Direct
Price: $12.49
192 used & new from $1.49

5.0 out of 5 stars RAGE - A lot better than gamers/critics give it credit for, October 5, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Rage - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Okay first off the critics are wrong about this game, I've been playing FPS for a LONG time. Some of the reviews this game is getting aren't fair. It's being prejudged because of Fallout 3 and Borderlands, although there are some similarities, first off the game starts going at a fast pace, not slow and lengthy to get to the action like Fallout 3 and more realistic looking and the missions/characters are more engaging than Borderlands. Also, keep in mind that this game was in production when Fallout 3 and Borderlands came out, so don't dwell on the similarities, this game needs to be judged in it's own right. Not to mention the variety of different types of bandits, mutants, monsters and the Authority. I played the game for a solid 10 hours yesterday and I can say thus far it makes my top 5 list of Best Games Ever Made. Since when do we judge games so harshly, I look at the basic factors, is the game fun to play, entertaining, engaging, visuals, audio, etc. First off the GameSpot review is retarded they docked it points because it doesn't Auto-Save a whole lot or often enough, you have to Pause the game and save it. I might be alone here, but I hate games that make me wait until the next Auto-Save or the next Save Point. This bothers me, I like saving the game when I want to and not having to get somewhere to do it.

The attention to detail in this game is absolutely amazing, yes in the Dead City some of the messed up desks and rubble look graphically messed up but there is so much going on in this game graphically I wouldn't dock it for that. ID spent a lot of time working on this and it shows, the landscape and entire world is amazing. When your doing missions it doesn't feel like meaningless errands you feel engaged in the game, the variety of missions keep it interesting, a LOT better than the missions in Borderlands or Dead Island where after a while you get frustrated. Then after about 10 missions or so you go to a new town Wellspring and this town has a ton of missions and races for the car, and I find the added car races to be really fun and a good way to change it up, and missions that require you to drive through the wasteland are fun and engaging, you always run into bandits, etc driving through and it's always fun to fight them. For the first outpost you work on primarily fighting the bandits which can get boring but your not doing those missions for long, then you go to Wellspring and your thrown into Dead City to upgrade your health regeneration and you encounter the mutants and monsters (when I say monsters I mean the HUGE beasts). This changes the gameplay entirely these savages come from every direction and are harder to kill than the bandits. The monsters are fast, strong and challenging to kill, especially the massive one the size of a building literally. The inner city is almost terrifying with a claustrophobic/dark/helpless feel to it with mutants popping out of corners. Also, the enemies feel and act real, not fake and unbelievable. The bandits call for backup and talk to each other and you, they will flank you and they all act different, some duck for cover and have shootouts and others charge at you.

The mutants and monsters just surround you and charge from every direction. The people saying this game isn't like COD of course it's not all COD games are the same with different levels, that's all that changes, nothing new or innovative unless you think having a different machine gun makes the game great, you own one COD you own them all. Unless you enjoy mindless Deathmatchs with 12 year olds. This game is not supposed to be like COD and for that I am glad this game is entirely different and doesn't deserve that comparison. Also, the people saying that this is just ID's way to test there game engine, well if that's true then they did it right, this game has every aspect in it to put a game engine to the test. Just wait the new COD's will run on this engine to because they can't innovate there own engine, they have to borrow others. The shooting sequences and controls feel smooth and the enemies react to every bullet, shoot them in the foot they fall to the ground grabbing there foot and the Wingstick is a lot of fun to use on random enemies. The story takes a backseat in this game as your too busy with what your doing to worry about the story, in games like this I rarely care about the story. All in all I think this game should get a 10/10. Those of you waiting until the cost goes down are missing out, this game is definitely not a disappointment in any way.

ANARCHY BONUS EDITION:
For this pack I've noticed a lot of people complaining that there not getting the items. You have to redeem the two codes that come with the game, the Anarchy upgrades and the Sewer missions. Once you do this start the game on the first mission, when your given the handgun and on your way to fight the bandits, hold RB and check your weapons the Double Barrel shotgun is there, then you get a mission to go to the Outfitters to change out of your Ark suite you'll notice the armor there as the fourth selection.when you get to Wellspring and get a garage for your buggie, you'll notice in the garage an extra car the hot rod car (which I use for all my races).
Comment Comments (13) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 23, 2012 3:28 PM PDT

Stay
Stay
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing vocals!!, December 3, 2010
This review is from: Stay (MP3 Music)
Great work Andy! The depth of your voice is just wonderful. It reaches parts of our soul in a certain way that lights up our mind and lets us see the story that is to be told. This song is beautifully frightening!

Pain Management
Pain Management
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing work Andy!!, September 1, 2010
This review is from: Pain Management (MP3 Music)
Andy Deane's Solo work is AMAZING! His music creates a feeling within and takes you to the depth of your thoughts and feelings. It just got me in that mood. Great sound. Im looking forward to the next cd :)

Robyn Szawlosky