Profile for Neil W. Lindsey > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 46

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Neil W. Lindsey RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Rain Down On Me (feat. Peter White)
Rain Down On Me (feat. Peter White)
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool it is!, November 4, 2014
Unique and fulfilling piece of Jazz. Makes me want to find more like it. Like the piano to start it off.

Noah [HD]
Noah [HD]
Price: $4.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Terrible is the word!, September 17, 2014
This review is from: Noah [HD] (Amazon Instant Video)
This film was a clear disappointment, but maybe I expected too much. It occurred to me as I was watching it that the acting quality was average. The only characters that were really developed were Noah, his wife, and the woman who had the twins. I never was able to feel a connection with any of these characters. My impression was that many of details of the story line were frequently absurd, and there was an aura of unbelievability and incoherence surrounding the whole movie. This movie seems like it belongs in the genre of a fantasy movie but has less visual or verbal explanation of the abnormal than would normally be provided. I truly believe I wasted my time and resources watching this movie. Bottom line - I was not very well entertained nor challenged. It likely ranks in the lower 20% of every movie I have seen and I am surprised Russell Crowe agreed to take a part in it.

Aduro Shell Holster Combo Case for Samsung Galaxy S5 "Lifetime Warranty" with Kick-Stand & Belt Clip (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, US Cellular & Sprint)
Offered by Entronik
Price: $19.99
3 used & new from $11.43

5.0 out of 5 stars This seems to be a good product for as long as I have had it., September 4, 2014
This product, for the GS-5, is similar to one I had for the GS-3 although I am not sure it is made by the same company (looks the same). It works well, is convenient, the stand is great, the price is good, and it is just what I expected. I am quite satisfied with it after having it a couple of weeks.

Lone Survivor [HD]
Lone Survivor [HD]

3.0 out of 5 stars Seals not realistically portrayed, August 6, 2014
It was easy to find fault with the way the mission was structured and with the decisions of the soldiers at times. Therefore I questioned the military authenticity of the action. The movie's portrayal of decisions made during the fire fight, what happened at the village, and in the way the flashbacks were used, the results of falls down cliffs, the effect of bullet strikes, etc. all made major portions of the movie questionable regarding realistic scenarios in my eyes.

Bran Mak Morn: The Last King
Bran Mak Morn: The Last King
by Robert E. Howard
Price: $14.44
85 used & new from $1.15

1.0 out of 5 stars Surprise!! I did not like this at all., July 15, 2014
Over the years I believe I have ready 90+% of Howard's published work and generally found it entertaining and worth my time. With this publication, somebody found a bunch of short story segments by and about a not very well developed character from Robert Howard, a lot of third party commentary, copies of actual author handwritten notes duplicating the printed text, threw this collection of material together with some interesting drawings, and thought they could make a little money by doing so. What a waste of my time! This is not really a novel, and I would not call it any kind of well conceived and written story - just a collection of short segments from Howard that really cant stand by themselves. This was the first time in years that I got disgusted reading a book and actually just skimmed the last half to just try and find something worth a proper reading - and didn't. Likely the least worthwhile of the last hundred books I have read.

The Grand Budapest Hotel [HD]
The Grand Budapest Hotel [HD]

3.0 out of 5 stars Somewhat Disappointing Experience, July 15, 2014
Different, somewhat entertaining, average acting, I expected a better experience and was disappointed as the movie progressed.

Bassetts Liquorice Allsorts 190g - Pack of 4
Bassetts Liquorice Allsorts 190g - Pack of 4
Offered by British Grocery
Price: $13.78
4 used & new from $9.32

3.0 out of 5 stars It makes a difference in the packaging, May 2, 2014
Prior to this order, I had always ordered 1-2 pound packaging. With this packaging of this product (or maybe this stuff had been on the shelf longer), the product is not fresh at all. It was about equal to other makers of this candy other than Bassetts. I pay a premium for the Bassetts name and expected to get a superior and satisfactory product. Will not order this packaging again and hope that my next order still is able to satisfy.

Lords of the North (Warrior Chronicles)
Lords of the North (Warrior Chronicles)
by Bernard Cornwell
Price: $11.89
144 used & new from $1.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Continuing the excellent work with this book in this series, May 2, 2014
After doing my genealolgy and watching the History Channel Viking series, I decided an historical fiction series during this same general time period (830-900) in England and close environs would be interesting. Some of the characters match with the TV program (King Egbert of Wessex, Ragnar Lodbrook sons, etc.) and it turns out that some ancient grandparents are common as well.
This is well written, rapidly paced, and has just the right amount of timely detail to put the reader "in the moment". I look forward to reading the rest of the series and then, possibly, on to other medieval period works by the same author.

The Last Kingdom (The Saxon Chronicles Series #1)
The Last Kingdom (The Saxon Chronicles Series #1)
by Bernard Cornwell
Price: $11.28
216 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent first book in the series, May 2, 2014

Vikings Season 2
Vikings Season 2
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Unexpectedly Excellent!, May 2, 2014
Surprised at the quality of this programming - but maybe I should not be. I am looking forward to watching all of this series and comparing characters and incidents with other readings (Cornwell, etc.) and my own genealogy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5