Profile for Linda Painchaud-Steinman > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 455

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Linda Painchaud-Steinman "PARK EDGE BOOKS" RSS Feed (MA, USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Whalen WC-668 Cordilera Lumbar Adjustable Managers Chair
Whalen WC-668 Cordilera Lumbar Adjustable Managers Chair
Price: $144.29
2 used & new from $144.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, Easy to Assemble--With A Little Help :>), August 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Some folks might be able to assemble this chair easily on their own. I needed (as the song goes) a little help from my friends. That's because a couple of the bolts were a little difficult to line up (at least for me), but with two of us working on it, the entire chair was put together in just about 25 minutes. It's a good-looking chair, which looks more expensive than it is.

When I tried it out, I liked the comfortable "fit" and softness of the simulated-leather seat and back. I'm 5'6", and the arm-rests and length of seat were just right. The arm rests are adjustable, and you can flip them all the way back if you wish. The seat height is also adjustable, tilts, and locks, as you choose.

The chair also comes with an adjustable and removable Lumbar pillow. This isn't particularly thick, or cushy, but it does the job.

The headrest is low, but that didn't bother me, since I rarely "recline" in my office chair. I do that in my recliner, when necessary. :>)

Four stars instead of five only because of the difficulty with the bolts that I mentioned at the start of this review. It wasn't a big problem (with help), but if you don't have help available, it could be frustrating. I don't know if the bolt problem is universal with these chairs, or if it was just the one I received.

Tide Pods HE Laundry Detergent, Free & Gentle, 72 Count
Tide Pods HE Laundry Detergent, Free & Gentle, 72 Count

5.0 out of 5 stars Convenient, Easy to Store, and More, August 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If convenience and easy storage aren't enough to convince you to try Tide Pods, Gentle and Free, there's more. But first let's look at the convenience and easy storage.

The 4 lb. package contains 72 pods. To use, you just pop a pod into the machine, put your clothes on top, and run your washer. (The pods disolve in cold, warm or hot water.) Now, if your clothes are especially dirty, or if you have an extra-large load, the directions say you can add a second pod. I did average size loads (not especially soiled or smelly), so one pod was sufficient.
Convenient? Check.

The round-ish container is compact enough to store in a very small laundry room, if that is your situation. Easy to store? Check.

Now for the MORE part, which is the CLEAN result. As I said, the loads I did (separate colors and whites, and one load of towels and sheets), were not especially soiled. Still, the whites were bright and fresh looking, and the colors bright. The towels, which had some old discolorations looked brighter.

The pods contain detergent and stain remover, though if you have tough stains, I think you'll want to use a separate spray-on type stain remover for best results.

The fact that the pods are dye and perfume free is a plus, since I dislike perfumey, artificial smells lingering on laundry.

They are a bit pricey, but to me, worth the cost. (Howeve, if you do TONS of laundry you may need a more economical product.)

I'll continue to use and purchase these when my current supply is gone.

Febreze Air Effects Allergen Reducer Clean Splash Air Freshener (1 Count, 9.7 Ounce) (Pack of 9)
Price: $19.10
5 used & new from $19.10

4.0 out of 5 stars Fresh Smelling Air, Yes. Fewer Allergens, Maybe., July 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The first thing you'll notice about Febreze Air Effects Allergen Reducer, is the can itself. It is designed with a sort of trigger on the front, that releases the spray when pushed. Who cares? Well, if you've ever accidentally aimed air freshener the wrong way
--I have, and nearly got an eye full-- you'll appreciate this little feature.

Second thing you'll notice is the clean, almost "soapy" scent. Kind of smells like you've just done some fresh laundry. The scent was light enough for me and lingered for just the right amount of time. In other words, you get the freshening effect without a heavy perfume scent that sometimes might make people wonder how bad your house must smell to have to use it!

The third, and most important thing --allergen reduction. Supposedly, the spray reduces up to 75% of inanimate allergens (pet dander, dust mite matter, etc.) by "trapping" them before they can become airborne. Simply, it works like this: spray your soft surfaces, they are slightly dampened, the allergens don't float up into the air.

I really can't attest to the effectiveness of this as an allergen reducer. Since I don't have an issue with sneezing, coughing, congestion, etc. Plus, I can't SEE allergens being "trapped."

But the product smells nice. The can is well-designed. AND IT IS SAFE TO USE AROUND CATS AND DOGS.
Those are Four Star features. But it is expensive. And again, hard to know if the allergen reduction is actually happening. So minus one Star.

Still, if you suffer from allergies to pet dander, etc., I'd recommend giving it a try.

New Balance Women's W1080 Cushion Running Shoe,Silver/Purple,8 B US
New Balance Women's W1080 Cushion Running Shoe,Silver/Purple,8 B US
Price: $134.99
2 used & new from $134.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for Walkers Too!, July 6, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm a walker, not a runner. But I walk FAST on my 2 mile hikes. So I wanted to try a shoe that had:

--Good traction
--Support
--Stability
--A lightweight "cool" feel (as in not hot/sweaty)
--Could be worn outside or inside for walking (as in a mall walk!)

These shoes fit the bill on every count.

In addition:

--they are comfortable, and my size 8-medium fit perfectly (which is not always the case when I buy a size 8 shoe).
--they are cute! the silver/purple/yellow colors (with orange and pink detailing) look --dare I say it?--fashionable.
--they are lightweight on the foot. No heavy feel.

Yes, they are pricey. But for walkers in particular, they should last a long time.

As someone once said: "Life is short. Buy the shoes!"

Fekkai Technician Color Care Conditioner 8 Fl Oz
Fekkai Technician Color Care Conditioner 8 Fl Oz
Price: $18.99
10 used & new from $18.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality Conditioner, July 6, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Quality doesn't come cheap, but sometimes it's worth the cost to get a product that does what it promises to do.

I think that is the case with Fekkai's Technician Color Care Conditioner.

Let's start simple, with the packaging. The re-designed bottle has a pop-up type cap that is easy to handle in the shower, and prevents spills.

The conditioner itself is thick and rich, so you need only a SMALL amount (which helps with the cost-factor, since the 8 oz. bottle will last you a long time).

Infused with grapeseed oil the conditioner leaves hair smooth and with more shine. It detangles nicely, and combats frizz.

The smell is great. It is slightly floral, light, and does not linger heavily after rinsing.

The reason for four stars instead of five? As I said, the conditioner is thick and rich, and if you have fine hair, it may weigh it down too much. Also, it contains parabens and cetyl alcohol -- some consumers may prefer to avoid these ingredients.

Still, quality has much to do with a product's performance. And this product delivers on performance.

Fekkai Technician Color Care Shampoo 8 Fl Oz
Fekkai Technician Color Care Shampoo 8 Fl Oz
Price: $18.99
19 used & new from $16.56

4.0 out of 5 stars Still a Luxury Brand, But Worth the Cost, July 6, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Fekkai line was sold to Proctor and Gambel some time ago. Before the sale, the products were expensive, "exclusive" (as in, they were hard to find in many retail locations), but they did the job they promised to do (I used them both the "Glossing" line and the "Color Care" at that time).

After using the Color Care Shampoo (post sale to P&G) I'm happy to say that this is still a luxury item that is worth the cost, because it (still) does what it promises to do. In this case, the shampoo promises to leave you with soft, shiny hair that retains color longer. And it does.

Now, details, both good and not-so-good:

GOOD:
--The bottle has been re-designed with a pop-up type cap that prevents spills, and is easier to handle in the shower.
--The shampoo itself seems to have been reformulated and is now thicker, so a SMALL amount is all you need.
--Because you use a small amount, the 8 oz. should last you for some time. (That helps with the cost-factor.)
--The smell is great. It lingers SLIGHTLY after rinsing, but is not overpowering. (Light rose scent.)
--Removes product build-up from hair, so hair feels clean.
--Leaves hair soft with more shine.

NOT SO GOOD:
--Loaded with things like Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Methylparaben, etc. Some consumers may prefer more "natural" ingredients.
--Contains grapeseed oil.
--The shampoo leaves a slightly "heavy" feel to the hair. So if your hair is fine, this may weigh it down too much.

The above "not-so-good" stuff is the reason for the four stars instead of five. If the three "not-so-good" items don't bother you, you should be pleased with how this product performs.

Sprite Mini-Can (8 Count, 7.5 Fl Oz Each)
Sprite Mini-Can (8 Count, 7.5 Fl Oz Each)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Mixers, May 31, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you serve mixed drinks made with Sprite, you're going to love this convenient size. They are perfect for an individual drink, whether the drink is alcoholic or non-alcoholic. (Of course, they're a great size for "as-is", too.)

With 7.5 oz., you can mix up just about anything with these, and you won't end up with a going-flat-soon big bottle.

Try them for your next party!

P.S. If you're new to Sprite, there are many websites that give loads of drinks recipes. Just google "Sprite drink recipes" :>)

Coca-Cola Mini-Can (8 Count, 7.5 Fl Oz Each)
Coca-Cola Mini-Can (8 Count, 7.5 Fl Oz Each)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Size, May 31, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We enjoy Coke, especially in the warmer months, but we're usually reluctant to buy big bottles cans, because we're satisfied with one glass, and if we open a bottle, it usually ends up going flat. Same with larger cans.

These mini-cans are the perfect size for us. One serving, no waste. Remaining cans fresh and bubbly for the next time.

Also a great size to pack in a thermal lunch box for day trips. If you already love coke, you'll enjoy the convenience of this mini-size.

Diet Coke, 8 PK, 7.5 oz. Cans
Diet Coke, 8 PK, 7.5 oz. Cans

5.0 out of 5 stars Less is More, May 31, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We have lots of friends who prefer diet sodas over regular. When they visit, we always have diet Coke on hand, which they love. Problem is, once they leave, we are left with either an open bottle that goes flat, or a larger with half of it wasted.

These mini-cans are the perfect solution. One is the perfect individual serving, so no waste.

As for the taste, as I said, our diet-soda-loving-friends love diet Coke!

L'Occitane Shea Butter Ultra Rich Body Lotion, 8.4 fl. oz.
L'Occitane Shea Butter Ultra Rich Body Lotion, 8.4 fl. oz.
Price: $32.00
2 used & new from $32.00

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite L'Occitane Body Lotion, May 26, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've always liked this lotion because it spreads quickly and smoothly over the skin, and because it absorbs quickly without leaving a greasy feel.

It also imparts a pretty, moist-looking glow on the skin. Also great is the scent, which is very light, fresh, and clean. The scent does not linger, and does not smell like perfume in any way, so it can be used by both men and women.

The ingredients of 15% Shea Butter, glycerin, sunflower seed oil, sweet almond fruit extract are especially soothing to the skin. NOTE: the cream does contain alcohol, and other less-pronouncable ingredients.

All in all, I think this is a light-yet-rich lotion that both you and your "significant-other" will enjoy using.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20