Profile for jamesm925 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 30

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

jamesm925 RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Troy Lee Designs KG 5450 Knee/Shin Guard Guard
Troy Lee Designs KG 5450 Knee/Shin Guard Guard
Price: $74.95 - $75.00

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect enduro pads, October 8, 2014
I initially purchased the g form pads thinking they'd provide moderate protection without bothering me on the climbs. that couldn't be any further from the truth. they HURT and pinched the back of my knees...even the size XL pads did it!

so I looked into the other option my lbs had in stock: the Troy lee kg5450 pads.

these pads don't have material directly behind your knees and don't bunch up or pinch you. the pad around your knee is actually a hard shell, and I'd trust it to resist a sharp puncture better than most heavier duty pads.

the pads feel a little warm, but I honestly didn't notice it after a while.

I wasn't thinking about them while riding and really didn't notice them.

they didn't interfere with my normal riding style in any way--which is exactly what I was looking for.

you can go on XC rides with these and not suffer any annoying
discomfort that other pads create.

these pads do run large. I'm 6'3, and the small fits me snugly and doesn't move at all.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Knee Pads - M
Knee Pads - M

1.0 out of 5 stars I really wanted to like these pads, October 4, 2014
This review is from: Knee Pads (Sports)
I really wanted to like these pads, but the material bunches up behind your knees and really digs into your skin--even the size XL. they do no need the fabric back there and could easily do away with it. I took them on a 4hr ride and was constantly adjusting them but they just plain hurt.

The Joy Factory MagConnect Carbon Fiber Seat Bolt Mount for iPad Air (MMA205)
The Joy Factory MagConnect Carbon Fiber Seat Bolt Mount for iPad Air (MMA205)
Price: Click here to see our price
19 used & new from $135.00

3.0 out of 5 stars not as good as I hoped...., August 17, 2014
probably the best mount out right now, but I'm confused about the "mag connect". I haven't noticed any magnetic effect. I don't think it actually has a magnet in the swivel mount. it doesn't pull together. I have to awkward screw it in. it's a total PITA to remove the iPad tray.

they should've made the hinge joint a ball joint for added movement.

this thing needs to rest on your center console; it vibrates like mad!!!!!!!!

Nite Ize STCK-11-R8 Steelie Car Mount Kit for Cellphones - Retail Packaging
Nite Ize STCK-11-R8 Steelie Car Mount Kit for Cellphones - Retail Packaging
Price: $23.21
132 used & new from $16.99

1.0 out of 5 stars save your money! useless product., August 17, 2014
1) does no stick to life proof cases, despite saying it works with all cases.

2) does not fit securely. the phone wiggles, and you cannot use the touch screen without pushing the phone around.

3) magnets mess with your phone's compass and GPS. the only reason to buy this mount is for GPS, since you can't touch the screen when mounted. it's simply not a solid mount.

what an utter waste of $35....

RAM Mounting Systems RAM-B-316-1-AP8 Ram Mount Non-Locking Universal Vehicle Mount with Rigid Aluminum Rod for the Apple iPad without case or cover
Offered by Mp3Car Store
Price: Click here to see our price
7 used & new from $41.23

1.0 out of 5 stars cheap product. visually, an eyesore. the metal ..., August 15, 2014
cheap product. visually, an eyesore. the metal rod needs to be bent in a vice. it's a SOLD, STIFF piece of metal.

once you set it, you can't rebind it.

a simple hinge would make this infinitely more adjustable.

the mountain foot is far too long to fit most cars' seat bolts.

Neewer 433MHz Wireless 16 Channel Flash Remote Trigger with Receiver for TT850, TT860 Speedlite and Godox V850, V860 Speedlite
Price: $29.99
14 used & new from $25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars ... doesn't stay on the flashes as well as I'd like. you can accidentally knock them off, August 15, 2014
only complaint is that the receiver doesn't stay on the flashes as well as I'd like. you can accidentally knock them off. other than that, does exactly what it says it does. completely reliable.

just wish it did HSS w/o needing to resort to a pass-thru trick w/ a hot shoe trigger.

Lightning Extension Cable (2 foot black) for iPhone 6, 6 Plus; Pass Video, Data, Audio Through Male to Female 8-Pin Cable. dockXtender for Lightning by CableJive.
Offered by My Fit Life
Price: $25.95
5 used & new from $25.95

1.0 out of 5 stars INCOMPATIBLE WITH THE IPHONE. NOT APPLE CERTIFIED., August 15, 2014
THIS CABLE IS USELESS. IT ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT WORK WITH THE IPHONE 5S. MAYBE IT DID IN THE PAST, BUT SINCE THE PAST FEW UPDATES, NO AFTERMARKET CABLES HAVE BEEN WORKING UNLESS THEY'RE APPLE CERTIFIED.

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY.

Kuat NV 2-bike Hitch Rack 2", Gun Metal Grey
Kuat NV 2-bike Hitch Rack 2", Gun Metal Grey
Offered by BikeSomeWhere
Price: $529.00
32 used & new from $529.00

4.0 out of 5 stars fantastic hitch rack, August 7, 2014
This review is from: Kuat 2 Bike NV Rack (Sports)
fantastic hitch rack; it's definitely got me out on my bike more purely for the sake of convenience. I just pop my bike on the rack and go. The bike doesn't move at all--it's so solid on the rack.

my only issue is that the bike lock came w/ the actual lock in a plastic bag, and only seems to mount via a tiny little pin you push into the lock (which could easily be popped out of place). case in point, the lock fell off the cable while I was driving...

I contacted Kuat, and apparently the lock is supposed to be factory installed. so be warned if you put your rack together and are wondering how to attach the lock. It should already come attached.

480GB OWC Mercury Accelsior_E2 PCI Express Solid State Drive w/ 2 eSATA Ports
480GB OWC Mercury Accelsior_E2 PCI Express Solid State Drive w/ 2 eSATA Ports
Offered by Newer Galaxy Distribution Company, LLC
Price: $479.00
4 used & new from $479.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really blown away, May 26, 2014
I was hoping for a serious speed boost in programs like photoshop and lightroom, but it's not any faster at loading image previews than my ancient 128gb SSD from 4 years ago....

kind of disappointed.

sure, it clocks super fast w/ the hd memory testing programs....but i've yet to notice any real world improvements over my old ssd with speeds around 100-200mb/sec.

really thinking about returning this thing....
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 27, 2014 8:09 AM PDT

Campro Cold Hot Shoe to male 1/4-20 Thread Adaptor , Add a shoe mount to Black Magic Cinema cameras , Dslr Cages and other Pro Camcorders
Offered by HD TOYS
Price: $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars solid build, May 24, 2014
solid build, does exactly what it's designed for..not flimsy at all. good buy. will purchase this product again when the need arises,

Page: 1 | 2 | 3