Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for Amy K. > Reviews

Browse

Amy K.'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 82

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amy K. "Amy K." RSS Feed (Seattle, WA/Scottsdale, AZ)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Seabiscuit
Seabiscuit
DVD
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars " A good family movie, February 2, 2016
This review is from: Seabiscuit (Amazon Video)
We rented this movie for our 4th grader to watch (he was reading WHO WAS SEABISCUIT? for school) on family night. He gives the movie "5 STARS!" A good family movie.

When Blue Met Egg
When Blue Met Egg
by Lindsay Ward
Price: $15.16
95 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, Cute, Cute..., April 4, 2012
This review is from: When Blue Met Egg (Hardcover)
And what a clever ending. Thoroughly enjoyed by my kinder kid and I. We enjoyed our tour through New York.

Never Eighteen
Never Eighteen
by Megan Bostic
Price: $6.74
98 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Never Eighteen, January 31, 2012
This review is from: Never Eighteen (Paperback)
Never Eighteen tackles a depressing subject without being super depressing. Austin has some stuff to take care of before he allows himself to go and takes a weekend with his long-time best friend, Kaylee, to drive him around town to make amends.

Ms. Bostic writing shines in the scenes between Kaylee and Austin. Many readers will be able to relate to a relationship that's very much in the moment, even though there's no hope of a future between the two.

This is a short book that moves along at a pretty fast clip and in that fashion I consider it to be a true YA book aimed at teen readers. I found the some of the scenes to be slightly under-developed (mostly when he'd go to someone's house, he never stayed long and that seemed a bit odd to me). Overall, though, I really enjoyed the novel and highly recommend it.

Read the book to remember what it was like to be young and live life in the moment. Or, if you're still young, be glad you're still there!

Kindle Fire (Previous Generation - 1st)
Kindle Fire (Previous Generation - 1st)
44 used & new from $29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, Love, Love My Glowing Book, January 18, 2012
I LOVE my new Kindle Fire. My husband bought it for me for Christmas. It's so easy to buy books on Amazon, I've already read more books than normal. I love that it glows and I can read in the dark (yes, I know it's bad for the eyes but I read on a road trip, or when my son is having a hard time sleeping.)

The only problem I've noticed is the 1-click purchasing is problematic when my 5-year old plays Angry Birds on it. He's always want to buy things on it. He loves it though, he was used to playing Angry Birds on our iPhone and loves how "big" the screen is.

It is a little heavy, but I love the price for those of us who don't have a need the more expensive iPad.

The Art of Subtext: Beyond Plot
The Art of Subtext: Beyond Plot
by Charles Baxter
Price: $10.44
99 used & new from $2.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Subtext, November 8, 2011
We read this book in a creative writing seminar I took. I really liked the book, it was one of my favorites chosen in the different writing classes I enrolled in and I'm glad I read it.

Spookygirl - excerpt from 2011 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award Entry
Spookygirl - excerpt from 2011 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award Entry

5.0 out of 5 stars Spookygirl - ABNA 2011, May 14, 2011
How depressing to think of a teenager whose mother passed away, she can see spirits, but her own mother hasn't come to visit her. I loved the voice and all the little details in the book, especially the description of the funeral home and their apartment upstairs. I thought the pacing was nice and even (I disagree with a few comments about nothing happening, I think it's a great opening to introduce a character who is empathetic and likable). I'm also curious what happened with her dad and mom when her mom passed away.

I'd keep reading to see if her mother ever shows up.

East of Denver - excerpt from 2011 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award Entry
East of Denver - excerpt from 2011 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award Entry

5.0 out of 5 stars East of Denver - ABNA 2011, May 13, 2011
I loved this excerpt! The author does a wonderful job creating atmosphere and a landscape as a setting for this novel. I laughed quite a few times at the dialogue and enjoyed all the observations by the narrator. I think my husband would really like to read this novel as well. Hopefully one day it gets published so we have a chance to read it in its entirety.

Good luck with your manuscript.

Kahlotus Disposal Site - excerpt from 2011 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award Entry

5.0 out of 5 stars Kahlotus Disposal Site, April 28, 2011
First off, I love the title. I've been to Kahlotus several times and I think the author does a wonderful job describing the setting and giving the opening of the book atmosphere. I loved all the details about dry, dusty, barren Eastern Washington. I also thought it was interesting the author decided to do Helen's voice in first person and the others in third person. The opening does a good job building interest into the facility Helen has been inhabiting since her death and I would enjoy reading the rest.

The Hope Store - excerpt from 2011 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award Entry
The Hope Store - excerpt from 2011 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award Entry

5.0 out of 5 stars The Hope Store - ABNA 2011, April 25, 2011
It's a nice idea a store that sells Hope. Seems like the perfect novel for today's economy. It reminded me of an art exhibit I went to recently that had ribbons of peoples wishes. Hopefully Jada finds some hope in the store. I'd keep reading to find out.

Good luck!

Through the Windows in Time - excerpt from 2011 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award Entry

4.0 out of 5 stars Through the Windows in Time - ABNA 2011, April 25, 2011
I really liked the second chapter, in particular when she travelled back in time. I agree with another reader who stated this would be a good read for the younger YA group. I also liked some of the word choices the author used.

I thought the first chapter might benefit from a bit of grounding for the reader (i.e., it starts in dialogue and it takes awhile to figure out what's going on, at least for me.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9