Profile for Writergirl > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 44

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Writergirl RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
F&C Fairy Tail Anime Manga High School Hoodie Cosplay Costume (XXL, Black)
F&C Fairy Tail Anime Manga High School Hoodie Cosplay Costume (XXL, Black)
Offered by F&C
Price: $34.00
4 used & new from $34.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Takes a While to Arrive, But Worth It, January 9, 2015
Ordered for my 19 year old daughter for Christmas. Came a couple weeks later than that, but she still loves it. Great for a Fairytail fan. It DOES run small, though. I ordered her a XXL and it is just right. She's usually an XL. Expect a month from order to delivery.

The Last Unicorn
The Last Unicorn
by Peter S. Beagle
Price: $11.76
74 used & new from $4.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, January 2, 2015
This review is from: The Last Unicorn (Paperback)
Great story. Great movie. I even got this book signed by the author at a Last Unicorn event in Chicago. So. Cool.

Lockwood & Co.: The Screaming Staircase
Lockwood & Co.: The Screaming Staircase
Price: $6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, January 2, 2015
This is a great series. Bought this for my daughter after I read it. Wonderful read. Fun and spooky!

DAVID BOWIE - LABYRINTH MOVIE POSTER - Fantasy
DAVID BOWIE - LABYRINTH MOVIE POSTER - Fantasy
Offered by Quest Posters
Price: $6.99
2 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I love seeing her excited for my favorite 80s movies, January 2, 2015
My 19 year old daughter is a HUGE Labyrinth fan. She's also an aspiring director. She has several full-sized movie posters and was thrilled to add this to her collection - along with her Last Unicorn poster signed by Peter S. Beagle. I love seeing her excited for my favorite 80s movies. Ha ha.

The Lord Of The Rings - The Fellowship Of The Ring - Movie Poster (Regular) (Size: 24" x 36")
Offered by Grindstore US
Price: $12.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Great LOTR poster!, January 2, 2015
Can't go wrong with this for an LOTR fan. Christmas gift for my daughter. Looks great.

Jianyana Union Jack Scarf London Souvenir Gift Soft and Oversize Fashion Scarf (Multicolored)
Offered by Linaa tales
Price: $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Present for my Daughter, January 2, 2015
Bought this as a gift for my 19 year old daughter for Christmas. She loves all things London. It is much bigger than I thought (wider). But not a bad thing. She really likes it.

Compact Edition Bible NLT, Large Print, TuTone (Large Print Compact Edition: Nlt)
by Tyndale
Edition: Imitation Leather
Price: $37.45
46 used & new from $30.23

5.0 out of 5 stars He wasn't sure if he'd like the NLT translation, January 2, 2015
My hubby had his eye on this for a long time. Every time we went to the bookstore he would pick it up then put it back and say it was too expensive. Finally, he ordered it online. He wasn't sure if he'd like the NLT translation, but finds it easier to read than other popular translations. All-in-all he really enjoys it. The type is a good size. He felt like it was everything he wanted it to be.

Between Shades of Gray
Between Shades of Gray
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $4.91

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been great, but just OK, January 2, 2015
The book itself isn't badly written. It was good enough to keep me reading to the end. The story tugs on the heart strings, but I just felt like there wasn't much of a plot. I was waiting for something to happen or change, but it just kept going... on. Then at the very end we find out <spoiler alert here> secondhand that the MC's father was supposedly shot in a prison camp. Her mom dies. The end. Then there is an epilogue in which, apparently, the MC has married her love interest. It just felt like an abrupt ending. I kept moving my Kindle page back and forth thinking I had missed something. I wanted answers... was her dad REALLY dead? How did she escape? How was she reunited with her love interest? What happened to her between prison camp and the somewhat happy epilogue?

CafePress Union Jack Rock Women's Tank Top - XL Multi-color
CafePress Union Jack Rock Women's Tank Top - XL Multi-color
Offered by CafePress
Price: $22.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit short, December 16, 2014
Looks as described, but when I put it on, it's not very long. I'd like it to be a few inches longer.

Lockwood & Co., Book 2: The Whispering Skull
Lockwood & Co., Book 2: The Whispering Skull
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed Lockwood just as much, December 12, 2014
I'm a fan of stroud from bartimaeus. I enjoyed Lockwood just as much. There are a lot of fun twists and turns and spooky action. Some humor... Maybe not as much as bartimaeus, but this reads more teen to me. Less middle grade. Definitely a series worth reading. Can't wait for the next one.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5