Profile for Monalia Ventress > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Monalia Ventress RSS Feed (Barcelona, Spain)

Upgrade Your Life: The Lifehacker Guide to Working Smarter, Faster, Better
Upgrade Your Life: The Lifehacker Guide to Working Smarter, Faster, Better
by Gina Trapani
108 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Book of Common Sense Tips for Nerds Like Me, May 17, 2009
I read through this book over the course of a few days and highlighted everything that pertains to my workflow.
I have turned these into a task list and I am trying to implement one of them every other day or so.

The chapter on simply buying a good quality filing cabinet has made life immeasurably better already :-)

I'm using Text Expander to save time on timing out often used phrases.

I'm integrating google apps to take my work into 'the cloud'.

The tips on how to handle your email inbox are great.

This book is well written and easy to understand with lots of great tips that you can quickly implement to make you workday a little easier to get through and a lot more organized.

The split between PC and Mac tips is pretty balanced so no need to worry that your platform is being left out here.

The AdSense Code: What Google Never Told You About Making Money with AdSense
The AdSense Code: What Google Never Told You About Making Money with AdSense
by Joel Comm
Price: $19.63
143 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Doubled My Adsense Revenue In One Day, July 2, 2007
I read the book in an afternoon, made a list of tips that were appropriate for my website and applied them to 10 high traffic pages of our 900 page website. My Adsense revenue doubled. I am slowly going through and applying the tips to every page and the revenue keeps growing.

Sure, you can sift through thousands of posts on Adsense forums to get these tips, you can also sit and do your own A/B tests with color combinations, format sizes, placement, etc...
Or you can buy this book.

The book is a bit heavy on the self promotion and you don't *need* any of the tools that the author is pushing.
What you do need is a functioning website with good content and lots of traffic for this book to work.

I'm giving the book five stars only because it is the first book in a long time that has put money directly in my pocket.