Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale
Profile for Bulbo > Reviews

Browse

Bulbo's Profile

Customer Reviews: 25

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bulbo "I'm just asking" RSS Feed (Swarthmore PA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Acer Chromebook 15 CB5-571-C09S (15.6-Inch Full HD IPS, 4GB RAM, 32GB SSD)
Acer Chromebook 15 CB5-571-C09S (15.6-Inch Full HD IPS, 4GB RAM, 32GB SSD)
4 used & new from $349.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Good deal for an "anti-PC", May 30, 2015
Very nice, a few misses. I ordered mine, had to wait about 5 weeks for it, plugged it in, turned it on, "missing or corrupted operating system". (Sigh) Minus one star Acer, where's your QC? Okay, at least Amazon makes returning it painless, so that is what I did. Got my 2nd one and so far it has been fine. A bit of a transition as I am used to doing many things offline as I have a metered (6 GB per month) online account at home. I like the look and feel, I do ramp up some webpages to 125-150% for easier reading. Videos look good as is. I have been taking it to my local library and using their Wi-Fi as I like this better than the PCs they have on site. One minus I find is the lack of "page down" "page up" and "home" buttons as I read many blogs and news sites where I scroll long pages. Wish I could reprogram the "back" and "forward" arrows for that.

The Fracking King: A Novel
The Fracking King: A Novel
Price: $4.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Nonsense!, July 26, 2014
James Brown, Common Cause, George Soros. Need I say more? James Browning is the Regional Director of State Operations for Common Cause, a left-wing group that liberal billionaire George Soros gave more than $3 million to since 2000. Browning co-wrote an anti-fracking report called “Deep Drilling, Deep Pockets,” for Common Cause. The left rabidly hates oil/coal/nuclear/hydroelectric. They would have us (us, the dirty masses, not them, they are smarter than us, after all) all living in caves and eating bark and grass, no fire allowed, thank you.

So, clearly, this book is merely propaganda.

See Julia A. Seymour over at NewsBusters for more on Browning.

Panda Licorice, Licorice Chews, 6-Ounce Bags (Pack of 12)
Panda Licorice, Licorice Chews, 6-Ounce Bags (Pack of 12)
Offered by Product Galaxy
Price: $46.00
3 used & new from $46.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Tasty!, June 25, 2014
Good stuff. I have always liked licorice and Panda rarely disappoints. Worth a try if you are exploring new tastes.

A Fighting Chance
A Fighting Chance
by Elizabeth Warren
Price: $17.70
195 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars The writings of a crazy person, June 18, 2014
This review is from: A Fighting Chance (Hardcover)
In my world, the world of reality, one can't claim that, because one has prominent cheekbones one is part Native American. That is a claim that Elizabeth Warren has made, and it is no more sane than claiming one is Napoleon or Jesus Christ. Years ago, this person would have been confined to a mental hospital and treated, but nowadays, persons with these types of delusions are elevated by the Democratic Party to positions of power.

Really. Think about that. This woman claims to be part Native American because of a remark about her cheekbones. Sickening.
Comment Comments (19) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 30, 2015 4:19 PM PDT

Twizzlers Nibs, Black Licorice, 6-Ounce Bags (Pack of 12)
Twizzlers Nibs, Black Licorice, 6-Ounce Bags (Pack of 12)
Price: $27.95
8 used & new from $23.85

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, May 24, 2014
Good stuff. I prefer the Panda brand, but I am not a snob about it. This brand has artificial ingredients, so use your own judgement.

Capital in the Twenty-First Century
Capital in the Twenty-First Century
by Thomas Piketty
Price: $25.42
186 used & new from $17.70

1.0 out of 5 stars Full of errors, May 24, 2014
Piketty's tome is based on false data. See a critique here written by Chris Giles at the Financial Times: [...]

In order to solve "inequality" Piketty would have us all "equally" miserable, like the citizens of North Korea.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 26, 2014 10:51 AM PDT

Haribo Gummi Candy, Black Licorice Wheels, 5-Pound Bag
Haribo Gummi Candy, Black Licorice Wheels, 5-Pound Bag
Price: $17.44
11 used & new from $13.29

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not great, February 26, 2014
These are good, but not a strong licorice flavor. I prefer the Amish licorice I can get locally or the Panda I can get online or at some local stores.

Jack Link's Beef Stick, Original, 36-Count Bag (Pack of 2) 33.5oz
Jack Link's Beef Stick, Original, 36-Count Bag (Pack of 2) 33.5oz

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice!, February 26, 2014
Very good, similar to Slim Jims, but a bit less greasy. I will most likely purchase these in the future.

Panda Licorice, Raspberry Chews, 6-Ounce Bags (Pack of 12)
Panda Licorice, Raspberry Chews, 6-Ounce Bags (Pack of 12)
Offered by FoodserviceDirect Inc.
Price: $37.55

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, February 26, 2014
I am enjoying these, tart and sweet at the same time. I ordered a large selection and have hidden the bags around my home so I won't just eat them all.

Jack Link's Teriyaki Beef Steak Tender Bites, 3.25-Ounce Bags (Pack of 4)
Jack Link's Teriyaki Beef Steak Tender Bites, 3.25-Ounce Bags (Pack of 4)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not to my liking, February 26, 2014
These are just okay, in my opinion, not terrible, but not to my taste. They have the aroma of spam and taste kinda like the dog meat you can get from street corner vendors in many Asian countries. they are, though, very tender and easy to chew, unlike the aforementioned dog meat. I prefer a beefier taste, so I will not purchase this product again. I will add that the "Subscribe & Save" feature is very nice and enables you to save a good deal of money when buying a number of products at once.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3