Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS
Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Browse

Amazon Customer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
RPM 80705 Front/Rear A-Arms Blue Slash/Stampede 4x4 Blue
RPM 80705 Front/Rear A-Arms Blue Slash/Stampede 4x4 Blue
Price: $8.45
27 used & new from $7.67

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for your Stampede 4x4 if you run LiPo, July 10, 2014
If you are like me and new into this hobby the number of upgrades possible can make your head spin. I upgraded my stampede 4x4 VXL to a 3s LiPo and within minutes of my first run I broke the stock A-arm. I initially upgraded just the fronts to these rpm arms. That left the stampede standing slightly high in the rear (these arms lower your truck just a bit) and the car was really difficult to control. After installing another pair on the rear the truck is so much easier to control. The amount of roll is far reduced and I feel much more confident driving with the 3s.

If you have considered getting a 3s and you're wondering what else you might need, just pull the trigger on these.

Liberty Pumps 287 1/2-Horse Power 1-1/2-Inch Discharge 280-Series Automatic Submersible Sump Pump with VMF Switch
Price: $198.95
10 used & new from $169.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Quiet, reliable replacement for Zoeller, May 27, 2014
Background:
I had a Zoeller 98-0001 115-Volt 1/2 Horse Power Model M98 Flow-Mate Automatic Cast Iron Single Phase Submersible Sump/Effluent Pump running for about 4 years in my basement which has very regular requirement to clear the sump (at least 1x per hour even in dry summer conditions). The Zoeller switch was beginning to fail - which is a common issue reported on the reviews of the Zeoller. I would often have my water alarm ringing and race down to the basement to find my backup sump pump operating because the Zoeller was completely submersed but not pumping. For a few weeks I would tap the float on the Zoeller down and let it come back up which would make it kick in. After a while I got tired of this and decided with spring rains coming it wasn't time to keep risking a basement flood. I read about this Liberty Pump having a different type of switch and decided to give it a shot.

Differences:
* The Liberty Pump switch point is a bit higher than the Zoeller, so my sump fills with more water before the pump kicks on. Not a problem, but the location of one PVC pipe feeding my sump is slightly lower than this switch point so I end up with significantly larger volume of water for the Liberty Pump to handle when it kicks on. I think this is actually a positive because the pump can run longer, evacuating more water, before switching off and less frequently. Because of this switch point height I couldn't place the pump on bricks or a platform. I instead shop-vac'd my sump pump completely clear of rocks, debris, and water to ensure a very clean surface to place the pump. I'll probably have to do this 1-2x per year.
* The Liberty Pump is quieter. Connected to the same PVC Piping, backflow prevention valve, and water hammer 'wye' prevention the Liberty Pump is barely audible on my 1st floor where I used to be able to hear the Zoeller. For a while I was concerned the Liberty wasn't running so I would check on it from time to time watching the sump slowly fill to ensure the Liberty Pump was working.
* The Liberty Pump doesn't need as much room for the switch. Because the float slides up and down the body of the pump (pushing a magnet up inside that control block you see at the top of the pump) there isn't as much room needed for the moving part. This helped in my sump that also has to accomodate an Basepump RB 750-EZ Water Powered Backup Sump Pump. This made retrofitting the installation much simpler than trying to realign a Zoeller replacement with it's pivoting arm.

You're likely comparing the Zoeller to this pump and for a packed sump or one with very frequent operation that can't afford a switch failure, I'd recommend the Liberty.

JACKYLED DC 12V 2A 2.0A Power Supply Adapter For 110V- 240V AC 50/60Hz
JACKYLED DC 12V 2A 2.0A Power Supply Adapter For 110V- 240V AC 50/60Hz
Offered by JackyBrand
Price: $12.99
2 used & new from $6.36

3.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive, but seriously delayed, May 27, 2014
I purchased this power supply adapter to use for LED lighting. There is a significant delay between the time the adapter receives power, and when the LED's go on. I've plugged this adapter into an outlet which has a switch. When I toggle the switch to give the outlet power, and thus the adapter, there is about a 0.5-1second delay.

I've isolated this to the jack by
(1) plugging a normal table lamp into the same outlet and the lamp lights up right away while the LEDs do not. (eliminates the outlet as a possible source of delay)
(2) unplugging the LEDs from the adapter, turning power to the outlet on, and letting the adapter receive power for a few seconds. Then I plug in the LEDs to the adapter and they light up right away. (eliminates the LEDs as a possible source of delay.

This adapter would be great for any use case where you don't expect immediate power when the adapter has power. Using to wire LEDs up to a switch will leave you disappointed.

Klein Tools VDV813-608 Universal Compression Connector, RCA, RG6/6Q, Male, 10-Pack
Price: $22.92
8 used & new from $19.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Using to run RCA through the wall, May 13, 2014
I ran RG6-Q cable through the wall do be able to create an RCA connection from my basement receiver to first floor receiver. Running RG6-Q and crimping these connectors provided a cheap alternative to pre-built RCA cables that would have been more difficult for me to fish through the wall.

One tip: these do not fit in the crimper from the Klein Tools VDV002-818 kit. Instead you'll need the Klein Tools VDV211-048 crimper.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 13, 2014 10:33 AM PDT

Monoprice 1000-Feet 23AWG Cat6 500MHz UTP Solid Riser Rated, CMR Bulk Ethernet Bare Copper Cable, Orange (108106)
Price: $121.91
9 used & new from $101.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value cable - perfect for inwall use, OK for patch cables, February 14, 2014
First, I would buy this cable if you're running in-wall. You can still make patch cables with it, but the cable is stiff due to the solid wire (vs. stranded) and so primarily this is for in-wall. I don't think you need to buy a separate stranded spool for your patch cables though unless you're making alot of patch cables, this will work.

So far I've run about 450ft of this stuff through my basement prior to insulation and drywall and I've made several patch cables for my patch panel / router / switch connections. This is a great value cable. The cable itself is easy to pull - be sure to pay attention to the instructions on the outside of the box regarding how to store and place the box while pulling. It had the right amount of stiffness you'd expect, for those who pull other cable I would say it's slightly less stiff than 14/2 Romex but more stiff than 14/2 stranded speaker wire.

When creating your connections, this is great cable for a punch panel or Cat6 jacks, the individual cable stiffness is managable and a 110 punchdown tool (like the DataShark 70034). If you make patch cables with this, you'll need to spend some time gently bending the untwisted pairs back and forth to straighten the cable and ready it for a plug. For some small patch cables between my punch panel and router, I stripped and untwisted a little more than 1 inch so there was enough to straighten, then I trimmed the cables to a shorter length before crimping on the plug.

I also recommend if you're running in wall cabling, you definitely want to use the Riser or Plenum rated cable. Plenum if you're running your cable through air ducts - Plenum indicates the manufacturer has tested that the cable doesn't produce harmful smoke if it were to burn. If you ever had a fire, you don't want your insurance company denying claims due to you using cabling that wasn't certified for in-wall use.

BlueRigger High Speed HDMI Cable - 50 Feet - CL3 Rated for In-wall Installation - Supports 3D and Audio Return [Latest HDMI version]
Offered by BlueRigger
Price: $69.99
2 used & new from $23.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for running in-wall, February 14, 2014
This is a good cable for running in an enclosed wall.

Why use CL-Rated cable?
The main reason I'd recommend spending a little more to get the CL rated cable is not because it's going to give you a better signal, but because it means the manufacturer has tested the cable to meet the standards necessary to run in wall. HDMI signals aren't high power so it's highly unlikely they would cause a fire, but if you ever did have a fire you don't want to deal with an insurance company saying they won't compensate for damages because they found the wrong cabling in the wall. To me, that's the value equation you have to apply when considering running cable in an enclosed wall.

Why use this particular cable?
The cable itself is pliable and i didn't have any problems with kinking. I don't know the exact dimension of the plugs, but I used a 5/8 spade bit to drill my holes and I was able to pass the connector through. It's a snug fit through there, so if you're planning to run other cable in the same holes, I'd suggest running this HDMI cable first, then any other cabling. The plugs come with plastic guards on the end which helps keep drywall mud out of the connector - something to consider depending on your application.

Imprint® Cumulus9 Kitchen Mat Nantucket Series Island Area 26 in. x 48 in. x 5/8 in. Espresso
Price: $63.99
4 used & new from $46.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Buying these for the whole kitchen, July 10, 2013
We placed a matching mat (Sublime Imprint Anti Fatigue Nantucket Series 26-Inch By 72-Inch Comfort Mat, Espresso) in front of our sink and dishwasher - two days later we ordered this matching smaller mat to place in front of our island. We'll order another one soon to go in front of the stove/cooktop. The top reasons to love this mat are:
Comfort - the cushion standing on this is so much better than standard carpet style mats
Cleanup - liquids can be wiped up, crumbs can be swept with a broom
Safety - the bottom of this mat stays in place vs. carpet without a rubber backing

It costs more than carpet mats but it is so worth it in your kitchen.

Imprint® Cumulus9 Kitchen Mat Nantucket Series Island Area Runner  26 in. x 72 in. x 5/8 in. Espresso
Imprint® Cumulus9 Kitchen Mat Nantucket Series Island Area Runner 26 in. x 72 in. x 5/8 in. Espresso
Price: $86.99
9 used & new from $57.24

5.0 out of 5 stars So comfortable, July 10, 2013
We placed this mat in front of our sink and dishwasher - two days later we ordered a matching smaller mat to place in front of our island (Anti-Fatigue Comfort Mat - Small). We'll order another one soon to go in front of the stove/cooktop. The top reasons to love this mat are:
Cleanup - liquids can be wiped up, crumbs can be swept with a broom

It costs more than a basic carpet mat but it is so worth it for your kitchen.

Synology DiskStation 2-Bay (Diskless) Network Attached Storage DS212j (White)
Synology DiskStation 2-Bay (Diskless) Network Attached Storage DS212j (White)
6 used & new from $130.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great User Interface, November 25, 2012
I bought this for a simple backup solution, ended up loving it so much more. The OS on this NAS allows you to install web servers and media servers. it has Android and iPhone apps to connect and play your stored media as well as to administer the device. Worth every penny that you will spend (this one is more pricey than the other NAS solutions especially when you consider the cost of adding disks).

Bayou Classic SP10 High-Pressure Outdoor Gas Cooker, Propane
Bayou Classic SP10 High-Pressure Outdoor Gas Cooker, Propane
Price: $49.97
42 used & new from $48.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Dimensions are only 14inch cook surface, July 10, 2012
Read the description of the product very carefully - the cook surface is only 14 inches wide (stated in the description). The reference to 18-inch diameter in the dimensions is because the feet of the cooker stick out an additional 2 inches all around (thus 4 additional inches of diameter). I misread this and assumed I would have an 18inch cook surface which would work for my 1/2 barrel homebrew system - I didn't and a 1/2 barrel won't fit properly on this cook surface.

If you need 18 inches of cooking surface look at the Bayou Classic SP2 Double Jet Cooker [Amazon product ID=B001FTS32W - for some reason a product link isn't working here].

Page: 1 | 2