Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Cole Swindell Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS
Profile for KaraKartal > Reviews

Browse

KaraKartal's Profile

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

KaraKartal RSS Feed (OH, USA)

Moov M1508-w NOW Personal Coach & Workout Tracker (Blizzard white)
Moov M1508-w NOW Personal Coach & Workout Tracker (Blizzard white)
Offered by Amazing Deals Online
Price: $79.95
5 used & new from $60.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great activity tracker and coach if you are not looking for step tracking., November 12, 2015
ActivityTracking: Moov Now has a little bit unusual way of tracking activity. It looks for a certain threshold and if you cross that threshold than it counts it as active minutes. App tells you that you need to be active at least 30 minutes a day. So, it motivates you to do a 30 minute walk outside during your lunch break or do some exercise. Walking around the office or house doesn’t cross the threshold so moov pushes you to do more. So, it is keeping track of how much exercise you do throughout the day. But I would like to also see how many steps I walked like fitbit and have idle alerts like jawbone to motivate me to get up more from my chair. It would have been great if the small battery indicator led light started blinking if you were sitting idle too long for instance. Idle alert should be such an easy thing to implement I don’t know why moov doesn’t put that feature. So, basically moov motivates me do more exercise but it doesn’t motivate me to get off my desk if I was idle too long.

Sleep Tracking: I found the sleep tracking to be accurate and motivates me to improve my sleep hours. One time it got confused when I was watching TV lying on the couch. But I guess that is normal since it does not have a hearth monitor and relies on your motions to figure out if you are sleeping. I just wanted a device to tell me accurately how many hours I sleep in a night. For that purpose this device is good enough for me. It was able to detect my sleep time accurately every night once I went to bed.

Swimming: I love the fact that moov tracks swimming. The data is very rich, useful and fun. I found it to be accurate also. It was able to identify if I was doing breaststroke, freestyle or backstroke. The lap count was also accurate. One nice thing was my phone battery died but this did not stop moov from recording the whole swimming session.

7 Min App: I do the 7 min app every morning before work. It is a nice way to wake up my body and start the day. Before moov I was not doing any exercise in the mornings but now it motivates me to start the day with exercise. Overall I like the 7 min app but I wish it had few more extra routines and was a’little bit more challenging. But I have to say I only finished level 4 so far.

Running/walking/other exercises: I have not tried yet. But looking at how good swimming tracking was I am sure running is also pretty good.

Quality/Design: It looks really stylish. But I feel like if I am not careful it could slip out and lose it. So, I am a ‘little bit conscious about it falling off. One time when my daughter bumped my arm and once in bed it came off. But if you don’t bump your hand somewhere than at least it doesn’t just fall off. I have not tried the ankle strap yet.

Customer Service: My moov came with a dud battery so it died off after few minutes. At first I didn’t know what was going on. I reported it to customer service and it took them 4 business days to get back to me. So, the response was a little slow but with a new launch maybe they have too much load. After changing the battery so far I did not have any issues with my moov. My wife’s moov had no issues from the start.

Overall I really like my moov. Where it really shines is the dedicated exercises and in pushing you to do more than just getting up from your desk and taking few steps around the office or home. So, I will give it 4 stars and highly recommend for anyone that is looking for a coach like tracker. But I will not give it 5 stars because of the lack of idle alert and step count. For me if they added those two features the product would be perfect.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 18, 2016 2:58 PM PST

Sony NEX-7 24.3 MP Mirrorless Digital Camera - Body Only (OLD MODEL)
Sony NEX-7 24.3 MP Mirrorless Digital Camera - Body Only (OLD MODEL)
14 used & new from $354.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Nex-7 with the Zeiss 24mm: A joy to use & Marvelous image quality, April 9, 2012
Love It, Love It, Love It :) Best camera I've owned/used so far. Image quality is marvelous especially with that precious Zeiss 24mm lens. But more importantly it is a joy to use. You just need to use it for a few days to understand how fun it is to use this camera. Handling, ease of use, highly configurable buttons, the beloved tri-navi, its size and look, build quality...all of these things make it a very fun camera to use and carry around. One negative thing though is that it is quite addictive. You will want to take it everywhere and shoot with it all the time :) Oh and also if you are thinking about buying this camera as opposed to a DSLR so that you can shoot unnoticed well you will be a' little disappointed because the thing looks way too sexy with the Zeiss lens and it does attract people's attention in a positive way :) So, people could still come to you and ask what you are shooting with. It happened to me, so I am speaking from personal experience.

Now let's go into a' little bit more detail. The tri-navi works really well and makes it very easy to shoot manual. The menu system is a little poorly designed but this won't be an issue cause if you spend some time configuring the extra buttons on the camera then you won't have to go into the menu 99% of the time. One complaint from other users for the Nex 7 is the lack of good quality lenses. I got the Nex-7 with the kit lens. On top of it I got the Zeiss 24mm and 50mm (f1.8). I got the kit lens because I never shot with a prime before and I was scared that using a prime might be too challenging to shoot a toddler since they move around a'lot. But I was wrong. I totally love both of these primes. I love them so much that I have not even attached the kit lens even for testing yet. I use the 24mm as a walk-around lens. It's on my Nex 90% of the time. And when I want to shoot close-up portrait shots I switch to the 50mm prime. Both of them are really top quality primes. For the way I shoot these two primes are enough for 90% of my needs. And also if you check the Sony lens roadmap there is an E-Mount G series (high performance) zoom coming toward the end of the year. So, those of you who are hesitant cause there isn't a good quality high performance zoom should not be discouraged from buying this camera cause Sony will be coming out with one sometime this year. I read that auto-focus is fast during normal light but a' little slow or average in low light. This may be true for the kit lens (I haven't tested it yet so I can't confirm) but from my experience it is not true for the Zeiss. Stepped down to 1.8 and ISO up to 1600 the camera takes really good pictures in low light and for me the auto-focus did not struggle. I was able to take very clean in-door night (low light) shots of my toddler with the Zeiss lens (f set to 1.8 and ISO 1600 and no flash). The shots at these settings were very clean. If a camera can catch a toddler with low in-door lighting during night then it can catch anything :) I totally did not need any flash and auto-focus was fast enough for my low-light needs.

Overall I would highly recommend this camera. Sony's managed to come up with a game-changer with the Nex-7. It is a revolutionary camera just like how the 5d was for Canon. Image quality is very good but most importantly it is just a very fun camera to use and handle.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 29, 2012 7:51 AM PDT

Sony NSZ-GT1 1080p Blu-ray Disc Player Featuring Google TV with Built-In Wi-Fi
Sony NSZ-GT1 1080p Blu-ray Disc Player Featuring Google TV with Built-In Wi-Fi
14 used & new from $69.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it and not as bad as some haters are saying!, January 5, 2012
I am really pleased with this blu-ray player. I was looking for a blu-ray player primarily so the Google-TV was a bonus fun feature for me. My Sony TV already had wireless and streaming capabilities so Google-TV was not a `need' it was a `want' for me. I just wanted the Google TV option for fun. I've been interested in the Smart TV's since it has been out but I couldn't convince myself to make the jump because I was scared that my TV would get unnecessarily too complex. Sometimes you just want to turn on your TV and just skip the channels like a brainless couch potato :) I thought waiting for the TV to turn on like a computer and seeing another computer screen all the time would be too much for me. I didn't want the LG Revue either because I didn't want to pile too many boxes under my TV set. I was going to buy a blu-ray player anyway and the Google TV was like a bonus feature with no additional boxes under my TV. Also, this way I could turn my TV into a smart TV whenever I felt like it (as opposed to being stuck with it every time).

So, this blu-ray player fits all my needs perfectly. Cost at $199 is only $50, 60 more then a regular blu-ray player. This means you don't have to pay too much extra for the added Google-TV functionality. Price is good at this level. You don't have to put an extra box under your TV either since it will come with the Blu-Ray player which you need anyway. So, space-wise it is also good because no additional boxes. One final note, because Google TV is not embedded in the TV itself your TV will be as dumb as you want when you come tired from work and just want to have some lazy time on your couch.

Final notes: Remote control is the perfect size for me (gamers will get used to it pretty quickly), performance is good, stylish look and feel, and usability is also good. Overall it is great product for tech-savvy people like me. I am giving it five stars overall and I highly recommend this TV for anyone that will buy a blu-ray player anyway. Even if you don't need Google-TV at this price-point ($199) you just spend an extra 50, 60 bucks and you get a'lot of features in return for that extra cash you spent.

DeLonghi ECO310BK 15-Bar-Pump Espresso Machine, Piano Black
DeLonghi ECO310BK 15-Bar-Pump Espresso Machine, Piano Black
Price: $159.94
41 used & new from $74.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Met my Expectations, May 12, 2011
This was my first espresso machine. So, I am no expert on the topic. But I do a'lot of research before I buy any item and I like drinking coffee a'lot :) Before I got this machine I used to drink a'lot of Turkish coffee and now I can enjoy a nice cup of espresso drink also. So, here is what I think about the product:

1. Prepares nice hot espresso shots that are at the right temperature. If you properly warm the machine and your cups then you'll get a really hot drink. I did not face the luke warm coffee issue. Just run the machine empty once, warm your cups with hot water before poring coffee into them and properly warm your milk. That's it..If your coffee is not hot enough then you are probably missing some of these steps. The machine works fine.

2. It does very creamy espresso shots. Actually, I was very impressed with how creamy the espresso shots turned out.

3. Nice look, a little too much plastic but still looks very stylish.No complaints on the look and feel.

4. Build quality looks good so far.

5. Only complaint is I wish the milk frother would stick out more. But you'll get used to it. It's not a huge issue.

Overall I think it's good value for the price.