Profile for Sandie > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sandie RSS Feed (Westmoreland, TN United States)

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Cooks well enough; assembly was a bear!, July 12, 2008
Received grill in less than a week; very satisfied! But, when we tried to put it together, we found the holes to mount the brackets that hold the cooking grids were misdrilled. The cooking grids stuck up in the air, probably 2-3" higher in the front than the back; very uncool, 'cause I didn't think a hot dog would stay on there! SO, hubby had to redrill the holes so he could mount the brackets in the correct position to cook. And that was NOT an easy task, considering you are drilling through cast iron! But, he was able to make it work, and it cooks very well now.

I would have complained to the company, but we were hungry and wanted to grill that day! Just beware of this problem, as it might happen again.

Wabash Valley Farms 25008 Whirley-Pop Stovetop Popcorn Popper
Wabash Valley Farms 25008 Whirley-Pop Stovetop Popcorn Popper
Price: $19.99
31 used & new from $18.46

5.0 out of 5 stars love that popcorn!, April 5, 2008
Gave this to my hubby for Christmas but, needless to say, I use it most of the time for his benefit! We use it A LOT, as in multiple times weekly, and always have good results. Doesn't matter if I use the special combo packs by this company, or the cheapest grocery store brand, it still makes very good popcorn. Simple to use and quick. And cleanup is a breeze, too; most of the time I just wipe the inside out with a paper towel, and put it away 'til next time.

Now, my 10yo stepdaughter thinks it's fun making popcorn for her Daddy!

Matilda's Fantastic Cookbook Software 4 (Windows 7/Vista/XP)
Matilda's Fantastic Cookbook Software 4 (Windows 7/Vista/XP)
2 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars ease of use? - TERRIFIC, January 5, 2008
First of all, I love this product! My hubby gave it to me for Christmas, and I am having a great time playing with it.

My usual method of keeping up with my recipes was keying into a word processing program, printing them out and placing in a three-ring binder in sheet protectors (to keep them clean!). I was looking for something to key into, and maybe compile them into a cookbook for others to use, and this seems to fit the bill! With this software, I can print individual recipes for my binder as I go, and still have the recipes together for use later. Nifty, huh?

And it's so simple to use, no complicated ingredient lists, etc. I am using "cut and paste" to move my recipes from the word processing program to this program; very simple, and quick too! I can also pick up new recipes from the internet using the same method. Once I paste, then I can clean up the formatting to suit myself. Easy, easy, EASY!

I like the section for "authors" of the recipes. A short biography of each person is entered, then you can "give credit where credit is due" for those wonderful recipes that have passed down through the generations. Also, the "types" (i.e., dessert, main dish, etc.) of recipes can be selected anyway I want them, then changed later if I need to expand or delete.

They have a message board, for general chit-chat as well as where problems are addressed. Also, suggestions are accepted from users to help upgrade future editions to better meet the needs of the end-users. Great suggestions are being offered, and it really makes me feel like they are trying their best to make a good product better!

If you are looking for an easy "electronic" recipe box, this may be just the product for you. I know it's working for me!