Profile for Bill Yeager > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bill Yeager RSS Feed (Menlo Park, CA, US)

Rayovac Mercury Free Proline Advanced Size 10 Hearing Aid Batteries, Total of 48 Batteries
Offered by All Hearing Services
Price: $24.99
6 used & new from $21.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, February 23, 2014
The price is a savings, and I change the batteries every six days. The only problem I've had is with shelf-life. I suggest purchasing two packs at a time. When I purchased four packs, then when I finally started using the last pack a few of the batteries only lasted an hour or less. I've state-of-the-art hearing aids.

Solitude XCS Active Noise Canceling and Amplifier Headphones
Solitude XCS Active Noise Canceling and Amplifier Headphones
Offered by Solitude Design - The Sound of Silence®
Price: $84.92
3 used & new from $80.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than my old Bose, February 23, 2014
I purchased Bose noise cancelling headphones about 6 years ago for air travel. After three years the plastic on the "head band" cracked and I repaired this with black, electrical tape. Next, the stitching in the ear muffs came undone. I sewed this by hand. Finally, the small swivels that attach the head phones to the "head band" broke. I gave up. These were carefully stored in their case, and never abused. I took them to a Bose dealer and the sales person said there is nothing that can be done.

I next purchased the Solitude XCS headphones. They are excellent and provide more functionality than the Bose (volume control). They are comfortable. And also inexpensive. Time will tell how well they hold up when compared to the Bose. But, hey, given the price difference, I don't see how I can lose here.

SquareTrade 3-Year Home AV Protection Plan ($75-100)
SquareTrade 3-Year Home AV Protection Plan ($75-100)
Offered by SquareTrade
Price: $11.82

4.0 out of 5 stars Account set up, September 12, 2012
I purchased a sub-woofer. I found it strange that neither it nor speakers were sub-categories in the "Audio/Video" category. The website should be more complete with respect to the standard devices in a home theater set up.