Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS
Profile for Bogus Exception > Reviews

Browse

Bogus Exception's Profile

Customer Reviews: 153

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bogus Exception RSS Feed (Norwich, Connecticut United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
Noodlers Ink 3Oz Apache Sunset
Noodlers Ink 3Oz Apache Sunset
Offered by Marketfair Stationery
Price: $16.95

5.0 out of 5 stars It is what it is, which is what I wasn't looking for!, April 16, 2016
I'm a big fan of Nathan's, and when I got this I was hoping it would be darker. I can't really use it for notes & such as a result, but I'll find a use for it eventually. It will just last a long time. What I was really looking for, I found in Diamine's Ancient Copper...

So I like it a lot, just remember that it is not a dark ink on white paper.

Minchiate Florentine Tarot
Minchiate Florentine Tarot
by sec XVIII Florence
Edition: Cards
9 used & new from $66.53

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish more decks were like this!, March 10, 2016
This review is from: Minchiate Florentine Tarot (Cards)
Love this deck. I have video'd a very detailed set of videos on them (one for minor, one for major). One is here: [...]

Chef'n Ice Cream Scoop (Rock Candy and Meringue)
Chef'n Ice Cream Scoop (Rock Candy and Meringue)
Offered by CHEF JEAN-PIERRE'S
Price: $12.95
4 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good..., February 16, 2016
Haven't had long enough to tell when chrome will peel... BUT, the one thing we threw our old one away for this one seems to avoid. That is the construction of a rubber handle that collects water internally, and drips out when you use the scoop (eeeeeeewwwww...). This appears to not have gaps for water to seep into, but we still won't immerse any scoop out of experience.

So for our reasons, the price wasn't important... Once you get pond scum water in your ice cream container, you regret saving that $0.50 for getting a crappy one...

Hair Comb 5" Pocket Size Unbreakable, 72 Piece in a Jar, Black, High Quality
Hair Comb 5" Pocket Size Unbreakable, 72 Piece in a Jar, Black, High Quality
Offered by Epeak
Price: $9.70
13 used & new from $9.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Got tired of looking for my 1 or 2 combs..., November 23, 2015
Got tired of looking for my 1 or 2 combs...

Uni NanoDia Mechanical Pencil 0.5 mm Lead, 4B (U05202ND4B)
Uni NanoDia Mechanical Pencil 0.5 mm Lead, 4B (U05202ND4B)
Price: $3.68
90 used & new from $1.35

5.0 out of 5 stars very soft lead... great for drawing..., November 23, 2015
Soft, no grit/mistakes. You do have to advance soft leads more, but you get such a great line...

Pentel Graph Gear 1000 Automatic Drafting Pencil, 0.5mm Lead size, /PG1015A/ & Pentel Ain Clic Retractable Pen-type Triangle Eraser Professional Value set
Offered by Japanhouse
Price: $14.40
5 used & new from $14.40

5.0 out of 5 stars 0.5mm is the lead for me.. 4B rules! Love this combo..., November 23, 2015
I keep buying this pen & eraser combo... I keep thinking they will end up as a present, but then I say, "nah!"

Classical Character Drawing-Super Popular Sketching Skills-7 (Chinese Edition)
Classical Character Drawing-Super Popular Sketching Skills-7 (Chinese Edition)
by song jun

5.0 out of 5 stars Not a word of English... So what? :), November 23, 2015
I can't understand a single word of it-but it is precisely what I needed for this style of drawing... If I could find a Japanese friend locally, would be nice to get some of the instruction/direction....

Diamine Refills Ancient Copper Bottled Ink 80mL - DM-7086
Diamine Refills Ancient Copper Bottled Ink 80mL - DM-7086
Offered by Marketfair Stationery
Price: $16.97
2 used & new from $16.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Most character-based ink yet!, November 23, 2015
I have dozens of colors, and more fountain pens, but I have never found a color to write with daily that can be uniquely "me"... I saw the shading and body example on Goulet, and decided to give it a try before trying a bottle of Apache Sunset (Noodlers). It has amazing colors & depth, even with a fine line. I get comments all the time, and wish I could thank Nathan personally.

The perfect compliment? Why... LAMY's Copper-Orange Al-Star, of course!!! Lamy Al-Star CopperOrange Fountain Pen (Fine)

Diamine 80 ml Bottle Fountain Pen Ink, Ancient Copper
Diamine 80 ml Bottle Fountain Pen Ink, Ancient Copper
Offered by Pilotfish
Price: $10.63
2 used & new from $10.63

5.0 out of 5 stars [Ancient Copper] Sucks that all color reviews are crammed together..., October 2, 2015
THIS IS A REVIEW FOR ANCIENT COPPER

I have only played with Diamine once, and that was black. And blacks are seldom very non-black, so no comment on that was warranted. But this ink is a color that allows you to really see how it layers. A fair paper to show the character of this extraordinary ink is the Staples ARC paper shown in the 2 pics I included. I took one out a bit, and one a little closer. The pen is a LAMY Studio Fine, if that matters.

I'm a non-traditional color ink writer, which makes people ask questions about the pens & inks I use. This one is a stunner, as normally a 'brown' category ink either ends up like dark chocolate (confusing it with a black), or is is in the 'poop' range of colors (sorry to use a technical term there).

I wrote an award on an 8.5"x11" sheet of card stock, and it came across looking like an old, important document, which was precisely what was needed. It really turns heads.

The ink pros:
-great dry speed on hard papers, but it took about 5-8 seconds on really hard card stock.
-Layers like nobody's business (character, i.e. thin & thick lines look different)
-No noticeable bleed on cheap paper.
-Goldilocks is happy: Not to light, not so dark.
-I have yet to smear it with my hand accidentally.
-The color is pleasing to the eye, at least on white. Far less harsh than black, but won't make you strain to see like with Lexington Grey and Gris Nuage...
-If you wrote on some parchment papers out there, this would make it look like a document dug up from the 1700s!
The ink cons:
-Not waterproof, so it will respond to water on the paper after it dries (virtually all inks do).

Non-ink-specific pros:
-The bottle has a low center of gravity (not as tippy)

Non-ink-specific cons:
-The Diamine bottle is unfriendly to those of us who like using all the ink in it.

I usually cycle through my inks, keeping 12-20 pens full & handy with me, but since loading this ink in my LAMYs, I have yet to use another ink/color.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Pentel Wow Retractable Ballpoint Pen, Medium Line, Pink Ink, Box of 12 (BK440-P)
Price: $9.32
4 used & new from $7.64

5.0 out of 5 stars She loves them!, September 4, 2015
Great ball points-not gels. Medium points. Cannot get these in stores.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16