Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS
Profile for Bogus Exception > Reviews

Browse

Bogus Exception's Profile

Customer Reviews: 150

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bogus Exception RSS Feed (Norwich, Connecticut United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
Hair Comb 5" Pocket Size Unbreakable, 72 Piece in a Jar, Black, High Quality
Hair Comb 5" Pocket Size Unbreakable, 72 Piece in a Jar, Black, High Quality
Offered by Epeak
Price: $9.99
7 used & new from $9.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Got tired of looking for my 1 or 2 combs..., November 23, 2015
Got tired of looking for my 1 or 2 combs...

Uni NanoDia Mechanical Pencil 0.5 mm Lead, 4B (U05202ND4B)
Uni NanoDia Mechanical Pencil 0.5 mm Lead, 4B (U05202ND4B)
Price: $5.18
57 used & new from $4.68

5.0 out of 5 stars very soft lead... great for drawing..., November 23, 2015
Soft, no grit/mistakes. You do have to advance soft leads more, but you get such a great line...

Pentel Graph Gear 1000 Automatic Drafting Pencil, 0.5mm Lead size, /PG1015A/ & Pentel Ain Clic Retractable Pen-type Triangle Eraser Professional Value set
Offered by Biwako Shop
Price: $14.82
5 used & new from $14.82

5.0 out of 5 stars 0.5mm is the lead for me.. 4B rules! Love this combo..., November 23, 2015
I keep buying this pen & eraser combo... I keep thinking they will end up as a present, but then I say, "nah!"

Classical Character Drawing-Super Popular Sketching Skills-7 (Chinese Edition)
Classical Character Drawing-Super Popular Sketching Skills-7 (Chinese Edition)
by song jun
Price: $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Not a word of English... So what? :), November 23, 2015
I can't understand a single word of it-but it is precisely what I needed for this style of drawing... If I could find a Japanese friend locally, would be nice to get some of the instruction/direction....

Diamine Refills Ancient Copper Bottled Ink 80mL - DM-7086
Diamine Refills Ancient Copper Bottled Ink 80mL - DM-7086
Offered by Marketfair Stationery
Price: $18.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Most character-based ink yet!, November 23, 2015
I have dozens of colors, and more fountain pens, but I have never found a color to write with daily that can be uniquely "me"... I saw the shading and body example on Goulet, and decided to give it a try before trying a bottle of Apache Sunset (Noodlers). It has amazing colors & depth, even with a fine line. I get comments all the time, and wish I could thank Nathan personally.

The perfect compliment? Why... LAMY's Copper-Orange Al-Star, of course!!! Lamy Al-Star CopperOrange Fountain Pen (Fine)

Diamine 80 ml Bottle Fountain Pen Ink, Ancient Copper
Diamine 80 ml Bottle Fountain Pen Ink, Ancient Copper
Offered by Pilotfish
Price: $10.63
2 used & new from $10.63

5.0 out of 5 stars [Ancient Copper] Sucks that all color reviews are crammed together..., October 2, 2015
THIS IS A REVIEW FOR ANCIENT COPPER

I have only played with Diamine once, and that was black. And blacks are seldom very non-black, so no comment on that was warranted. But this ink is a color that allows you to really see how it layers. A fair paper to show the character of this extraordinary ink is the Staples ARC paper shown in the 2 pics I included. I took one out a bit, and one a little closer. The pen is a LAMY Studio Fine, if that matters.

I'm a non-traditional color ink writer, which makes people ask questions about the pens & inks I use. This one is a stunner, as normally a 'brown' category ink either ends up like dark chocolate (confusing it with a black), or is is in the 'poop' range of colors (sorry to use a technical term there).

I wrote an award on an 8.5"x11" sheet of card stock, and it came across looking like an old, important document, which was precisely what was needed. It really turns heads.

The ink pros:
-great dry speed on hard papers, but it took about 5-8 seconds on really hard card stock.
-Layers like nobody's business (character, i.e. thin & thick lines look different)
-No noticeable bleed on cheap paper.
-Goldilocks is happy: Not to light, not so dark.
-I have yet to smear it with my hand accidentally.
-The color is pleasing to the eye, at least on white. Far less harsh than black, but won't make you strain to see like with Lexington Grey and Gris Nuage...
-If you wrote on some parchment papers out there, this would make it look like a document dug up from the 1700s!
The ink cons:
-Not waterproof, so it will respond to water on the paper after it dries (virtually all inks do).

Non-ink-specific pros:
-The bottle has a low center of gravity (not as tippy)

Non-ink-specific cons:
-The Diamine bottle is unfriendly to those of us who like using all the ink in it.

I usually cycle through my inks, keeping 12-20 pens full & handy with me, but since loading this ink in my LAMYs, I have yet to use another ink/color.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Pentel Wow Retractable Ballpoint Pen, Medium Line, Pink Ink, Box of 12 (BK440-P)
Price: $9.32
4 used & new from $7.64

5.0 out of 5 stars She loves them!, September 4, 2015
Great ball points-not gels. Medium points. Cannot get these in stores.

Pentel Sharp Kerry Mechanical Pencil, 0.5mm, Blue Body (P1035-CD)
Pentel Sharp Kerry Mechanical Pencil, 0.5mm, Blue Body (P1035-CD)
Offered by Sterling Deals
Price: $13.03
142 used & new from $13.03

4.0 out of 5 stars Big handed guy says: "Great for tiny hands!", August 28, 2015
I only give this little guy 4 stars for preference reasons. One: It is a small pen when closed or posted, and almost too small to use when open & not posted. The other nag I have is that the pen will advance the lead even though it is closed. I can see that this was a design compromise to allow lead to be advanced when posted, but it is a review... :)

I am so spoiled by the Pentel Graph Gear 1000, which protects the 'pointy end' in a very clever fashion with no compromises in design, that I am forced to be critical of lesser designs. It is a <$10 pen that sells for more than $10, I'm afraid, but if you have small hands you will really like it. At least it shares with the 1000 the ability to protect the pointy end!

Sterilite 18958004 67 Quart Wheeled Underbed Latch Box White lid see through base with blue Aquarium Latches 4 Pack
Price: $97.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of room!, August 3, 2015
Works really well under the bed. Just make sure to measure your bed to make sure it will clear.

Staples? Arc "To-Do" Notebook Filler Paper, Junior-sized, White, 50 Sheets
Staples? Arc "To-Do" Notebook Filler Paper, Junior-sized, White, 50 Sheets
Offered by Staples Inc
Price: $7.49
2 used & new from $5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars It's not Levenger, but it's great for the price., August 3, 2015
My wife LOVES this stuff! I get it here on Amazon for the same price as my local Staples, but Staples never has anything in stock. And good luck finding a Levenger store. Using a fountain pen exclusively, some say it bleeds, but I write with F or EF nibs, and have yet to find any Staples alternative to Levenger unacceptable. Levenger still rocks, but at some point you need to do the cost/worth/value thing...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15