Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 124

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (Norwich, Connecticut United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
The Ancient Hebrew Lexicon of the Bible
The Ancient Hebrew Lexicon of the Bible
by Jeff A. Benner
Price: $28.45
30 used & new from $28.00

1.0 out of 5 stars I was searching for the original text of the Bible, but this isn't it., November 13, 2014
I can find nowhere any verification that any of the [Hebrew] Bible was written in this pictograph script. Mr. Benner seems to have a few pictures that show rock carvings, but until someone can come up with actual reference-able source material, it seems that translating the Bible from Hebrew into this 'ancient Hebrew' was just a pet experiment by Mr. Benner.

And unfortunately, every single translation is in itself a commentary. So, I'm afraid this is just a commentary on the original Bible (as is the bible he actually sells in the same pictograph text). I want to believe his assertions, but without any academic source or review, it is just a work of fancy. Don't get me wrong; it is a detailed work, but not one of any worth in actual bible study, as this text wasn't used, and exists in this form only in Mr. Benner's imagination, unfortunately.

Hopefully in future I can be proven wrong.

Siddur Sim Shalom : a prayerbook for Shabbat, festivals, and weekdays
Siddur Sim Shalom : a prayerbook for Shabbat, festivals, and weekdays
by Jules Harlow
41 used & new from $11.56

5.0 out of 5 stars WHat my synagogue uses; All the pages are there! :), November 13, 2014
I like it because it is what my Conservative synagogue uses.

Other siddurs I have compared it to, like the newer 'slim siddur' (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0916219305/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_2), or the My Siddur (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1492166448/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) have most, but not all of the prayers here. I'm sorry that I can't do a detailed comparison... I'm not Jewish :(

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect... Great value for the price., November 13, 2014
They are OK... Pretty good, but not perfect. It is a good mix of body language, but as the set is dated, some more modern mannerisms would have been nice; I mean, all you had to do was add 5-10 cards to fill it out properly. Eyes only have 2 cards, which is the least addressed portion of the set.

Business Card Holder - Luxury Business Name, Multi Card Case - Red Leather & Stainless Steel (Silver Metal) For Men & Women - Latest Design In Stylish Gift Box - No More Dog-eared Business Cards - Feel Instantly Professional & Successful - Lifetime Replacement Guarantee
Offered by NiftyThingz
Price: $24.97

3.0 out of 5 stars Sharp corners!, November 13, 2014
It holds 5 Moo.com "Luxe" cards (super-thick), so probably like 20 normal, thin cards. I like it, BUT it gets 3 stars for the sharp corners, which are pocket unfriendly. Because it has some weight to it, those sharp corners work on your thin pocket fabric without much help.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 13, 2014 7:05 PM PST

Chumash Stone Edition Travel Size (Artscroll Series) - Ashkenaz
Chumash Stone Edition Travel Size (Artscroll Series) - Ashkenaz
by Nosson Scherman
Price: $30.60
16 used & new from $11.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the quality & size, November 11, 2014
I can't compare to other Chumash, as this is my first. I can't say anything different than the other reviewers, except that I show how to 'pimp' it up with a few upgrades for those a little more serious about their chumash!

The video of how I added tabs & custom bookmarks is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSFsMmEG2_w

I want the big one now!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 13, 2014 6:46 PM PST

Power Stop KC2292 1-Click Performance Brake Kit with Calipers, Front Only
Power Stop KC2292 1-Click Performance Brake Kit with Calipers, Front Only
Price: $268.48
3 used & new from $268.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect drop-in replacement for my 2009 Honda Accord 4-door EX-L (loaded), November 6, 2014
Perfect drop-in replacement for my 2009 Honda Accord 4-door EX-L (loaded). A little too much pedal travel for my taste, but that is probably an adjustment that has nothing to do with the brakes. Not one squeak from day 1.

I like doing repairs like this. I buy performance parts, shop around for best labor deal, and end up paying LESS that having crappy OEM parts installed. I ended up paying $330 out the door, and they threw in a brake line/fluid flush! I've seen brake jobs to suckers reach $1,000 FOR OEM! No more paying like a sucker for $20 brake pads...

Only Problem Reported: The red coating on the caliper thingies had a drop of paint preventing the shoes from going in, which was easily knocked off with a hammer. Can't wait to do the rears!

Buy your parts cheap, let Amazon Prime pay the shipping (these are HEAVY), shop the labor, use the savings to buy me stuff off my Wish List!

Prolegomenon To A General Logosophistic Theory (Written In Paleo-Hebrew)
Prolegomenon To A General Logosophistic Theory (Written In Paleo-Hebrew)
by Daniel Deleanu
Price: $14.00

5.0 out of 5 stars It's in Ancient Hebrew, not Paleo-Hebrew., October 6, 2014
[Author feedback broken]

Daniel,

re: http://www.amazon.com/Prolegomenon-General-Logosophistic-Written-Paleo-Hebrew/dp/1105613089/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1412634530&sr=1-4&keywords=%22Paleo-Hebrew%22

...pictographs are Ancient Hebrew. Paleo-Hebrew used symbols. They are nowhere close to each other. I'm pretty certain your book is written in Ancient Hebrew. I think you meant to say Ancient Hebrew here, and not Paleo-Hebrew. Other books are titled properly.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 14, 2014 10:27 PM PDT

An Introduction To Ancient And Modern Hebrew
An Introduction To Ancient And Modern Hebrew
by Dr. Al Garza
Price: $39.95
25 used & new from $33.99

3.0 out of 5 stars This is not Ancient Hebrew... it's actually Paleo-Hebrew (distinctly different), October 6, 2014
[feedback to author broken.]

This is not Ancient Hebrew... it's actually Paleo-Hebrew (distinctly different) ...or sometimes called Middle-Hebrew or Paleo-Canaanite ...

But Ancient Hebrew is pictographs, not symbols. You know this, right? Or...?

re: An Introduction To Ancient And Modern Hebrew by Al Garza Th.D PhD (Mar 21, 2012)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 27, 2014 9:08 PM PDT

The Old Testament Pseudepigrapha ( 2 Volume set)
The Old Testament Pseudepigrapha ( 2 Volume set)
by James H. Charlesworth
Price: $35.98
44 used & new from $34.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Much more than I expected-even for the price., October 6, 2014
not your typical photocopies. All text very clear. But beware these are soft bound in spite of their size/thickness. It makes me want to find a way to wrap them with a home-made hard cover-which would also allow me to add custom bookmarks, etc.

I'll update my resume after I dive into these... Still going through Josephus' Complete Works with a fine toothed comb! :)

Hand Knitted Kippah - Black
Hand Knitted Kippah - Black
Offered by A1 Skullcap
Price: $3.99
7 used & new from $3.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes me want to sew my own! :), October 6, 2014
This review is from: Hand Knitted Kippah - Black
Small diameter (by huge kippah standards), as a goy I find it nice & low key for when I'm in Temple/synagogue... thin/medium knitting, and very black.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13