Profile for Bogus Exception > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 97

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bogus Exception RSS Feed (Norwich, Connecticut United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Biblical Hebrew Vocabulary Cards [Cards]
Biblical Hebrew Vocabulary Cards [Cards]
by Raymond B. Dillard
17 used & new from $6.94

2.0 out of 5 stars I thought I'd seen 'cheap' cards already-I was mistaken., July 22, 2014
Not worth the "New" price. Not because of any translation issues, but because the paper is not even card stock. It is literally paper-as in writing paper-and the size is the same width as a business card, but right at 1/2 the height!

This wouldn't be bad if they'd used card stock, ugh... They are also keyed to lessons in a book somewhere, though the translations can be used without the supplemental study materials.. Hey, I paid less than $10 to the door, so I'm not going to bitch. :)

Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Shampoo 33.8oz/liter
Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Shampoo 33.8oz/liter
Offered by K Beauty
Price: $27.50
26 used & new from $22.75

5.0 out of 5 stars I never have to change shampoos to 'wash it out' of my hair!, July 22, 2014
Love all things PM!

STOP BEING LAZY! How To Master The Art Of Getting Things Done and Overcome Procrastination To Finally Achieve More (Free Bonus Audio Included)
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I started writing a review, but gave up WAY too early..., July 22, 2014
I was going to give it...

Going to lie down now...

Wireless PCIe Card BGN AR5BHB92 AR9280 Dual-band 2.4/5.0GHz 2x2 MIMO 300 Mbps 802.11b/g/n for DELL Toshiba Acer Sony Samsung Asus etc
Offered by Jhe Technology
Price: $19.99
5 used & new from $19.99

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what yuo pay for, and I didn't pay much!, July 22, 2014
Meh... drops connections as much as the last one (4-5bars, in home)...

Tea Tree Lemon Sage Thickening Conditioner by Paul Mitchell, 33.8 Ounce
Tea Tree Lemon Sage Thickening Conditioner by Paul Mitchell, 33.8 Ounce
Offered by B2B Beauty Direct
Price: $21.99
43 used & new from $12.70

4.0 out of 5 stars I _thought_ I ordered shampoo! DOH!, July 22, 2014
haven't tried it! But I love all PM products, so it gets a 4 out of respect...

Dell Dw 1510 AGN Half Bcm4322 Dual-band N Pci-e Card 802.11a/g/n
Dell Dw 1510 AGN Half Bcm4322 Dual-band N Pci-e Card 802.11a/g/n
Offered by kindofsmile
Price: $14.99
7 used & new from $5.40

3.0 out of 5 stars so-so... worth the few dollars I paid, so..., July 22, 2014
So-so... drops as much as the one I replaced it with, and my house has 4-5 bars... Got it for N coverage...

Whirlpool Part Number 2186494T: Cap, Water Filter (Biscuit)
Whirlpool Part Number 2186494T: Cap, Water Filter (Biscuit)
Offered by Reliable Retailer
Price: $4.99
8 used & new from $0.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Twisting the old one with pliers broke it! I'm scared to do the same with the new one!, July 22, 2014
Exact replacement for Kenmore OEM.

The Interlinear Bible: Hebrew-Greek-English (English, Hebrew and Greek Edition)
The Interlinear Bible: Hebrew-Greek-English (English, Hebrew and Greek Edition)
by Jay P. Green
Price: $35.98
89 used & new from $28.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nothing New. (you don't get a Hebrew NT _or_ a Greek NT, BTW...), July 22, 2014
Well, it is worth $30 to the door. But a little work and this could have been a spectacular interlinear. For one thing, the book has a feel of 'photocopied', especially with regard to the errata at the front & back. It's obvious.

Also, in the into you're told that the OT Hebrew (remember, you only get Hebrew OT and Greek NT) is Masoretic, and that "the type used here was set in 1866 by the British and Foreign Bible Society." The NT is from a version published in 1894-1902. That tells you right there that they didn't want to do the work of making their own, preferring instead to use un-copyrighted (100 year rule) material of someone else's. How depressing! If you look into it, you'll quickly find that the bible's text is not 'free', which is why we see such useless translations since the original source text, among other more petty political, and even anti-semetic, reasons.

The preface is consumed with essentially 'apologies' for the way the text was translated.

I want to learn to speak biblical Hebrew, so no doubt this will be great for that. Had I had a chance to look at this in detailed before buying, I would have had a hard time parting with $50 for it, but with Prime, $30 to the door is manageable.

I'm not silly enough to stick to one bible/version, and am seeking the source material in the OT (trying to learn Hebrew in the process), so I can understand and identify subjective translations made over the ages, and possibly even gain insight into why.

It doesn't take a bible scholar to see that English is the worst language yet to have Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek translated into. the very foundations of those languages is far from modern English, and so you see frequent "Square Hole Round Peg" jamming in translation-or worse yet, 'versions'.

I appreciate that the editor admitted what they had done, instead of trying to hurriedly make it their own like the patently awful 'New' series' of bibles we are now flooded with that change the text dramatically to 'reach the people'... So, ancient Egyptians had cell phones? Where does it stop?

Great for $30, only because the paper is that microscopically thin kind you can basically breath through-but a little time bit better thickness. You can see the pics I uploaded, and the keen observer will find the page count, and my measurement of 2", and come to the same conclusion without inspection.

Bible Tab: Clear Tab with Silver Center Strip & Black Lettering
Bible Tab: Clear Tab with Silver Center Strip & Black Lettering
by Tabbies
Edition: Misc. Supplies
Price: $3.06
25 used & new from $1.66

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth $4, but you get what you pay for (which isn't always bad), July 22, 2014
The printer used puts a grey roller line across one side of most of the stickers. Another reviewer mentioned this.

I used tweezers to avoid finger grease, and this worked out well. Only a few of the sticker 'paper' didn't peel away from the waxy/shiny background, so if you just tear at these things, you'll end up ripping the paper label if it's weaker than the glue/adhesive application job at the 'factory'.

Yes, these are "mini", but for a super tiny book, or a big one like most of mine, it's fine... I'll upload a few pics witht he labels next to a ruler in a minute.

P.S. I see these "Used"... Are you kidding me? USED?? Think about it...

Whirlpool 4396508T KitchenAid MayTag Side-by-Side Refrigerator Water Filter, 3-Pack
Offered by CLEAN AIR SUPPLY
Price: Click here to see our price
15 used & new from $57.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these filters..., July 11, 2014
Love these filters. I get the same ones every time, and they are cheap enough that I can replace them regularly.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10