Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 32

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer "C.C. Chapman" RSS Feed (Boston, MA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Tom Robbins: The Kindle Singles Interview (Kindle Single)
Tom Robbins: The Kindle Singles Interview (Kindle Single)
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Felt Like I Was a Fly On The Wall, July 18, 2014
Any fan of Tom Robbins will enjoy this lengthy peek behind the scenes. What a great conversation. Felt like I was there.

The 33, Episode 1: Pramantha [Part 1] (The 33, Season 1)
The 33, Episode 1: Pramantha [Part 1] (The 33, Season 1)
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Evil Because It'll Leave You Craving More, February 3, 2014
Once again J.C. Hutchins has created a new world that is close enough to modern day to make it believable, but wild enough to keep you engaged.

From the opening sentences you'll be hooked and flipping pages as fast as you can.

Sadly, it'll be over before you know it and you might find yourself screaming at your screen like I was because I wanted to know what happens next. The cliffhanger ending brings you right up to the edge like it should, but only teases with you what comes next.

Anyone who loves technology mixed with a snarky thrill ride should check this out immediately!

Blackbirds
Blackbirds
by Chuck Wendig
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $6.93
54 used & new from $2.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Gritty, Dirty and Amazing, July 23, 2013
This review is from: Blackbirds (Mass Market Paperback)
Out of the gate, this book grabs you by the throat and refuses to let go.

I found myself caring about every character that I encountered because the author does a great job making you care about them because you suddenly feel you know them.

This is the first book I've read from the author, but it certainly will not be the last. I can't wait to find out what happens next in this series.

The New Rules of Marketing & PR: How to Use Social Media, Online Video, Mobile Applications, Blogs, News Releases, and Viral Marketing to Reach Buyers Directly
by David Meerman Scott
Price: $13.20
124 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST Own For Anyone Working in Marketing, PR or Communications, July 2, 2013
There are few people in the world who know more about the changing landscape of marketing and PR than David Meerman Scott.

He wrote THE book on the matter years ago and now with the 4th edition hitting shelves he hasn't just updated a few words and photos, but completely updated it with new and timely information.

I'm lucky to have David as a friend and mentor and this book is one that I always tell people they need to read when they ask for business books that should be required reading and this is it.

Doesn't matter if you are a seasoned veteran or a recently graduated worker bee. Buy this. Read it. Live it!

Ctrl Alt Delete: Reboot Your Business. Reboot Your Life. Your Future Depends on It.
by Mitch Joel
Price: $28.00
79 used & new from $0.56

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read For Any Business Professional, May 21, 2013
Once again Mitch Joel takes his years of experience, mixes it with a healthy dose of future gazing and delivers a first class book that any business professional must read to be prepared for the world we live in today.

The way business use to be done has been rebooted. It doesn't matter if you are just starting your career or a C-Suite executive. You must reboot as well.

The Front Nine: How to Start the Year You Want Anytime You Want
The Front Nine: How to Start the Year You Want Anytime You Want
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Need 2013 to be a hole in one?, January 19, 2013
Mike has always given out great advice on how to be more productive. While what works for one person, doesn't always work with another, I've found that the more you read about what does work for people, the quicker you find out what will work for you.

While I'm not a golf fan, the use of golf in this book works perfectly. Plus, if you try something from the book and it doesn't work for you, simply call a mulligan and move foward.

Think Like Zuck: The Five Business Secrets of Facebook's Improbably Brilliant CEO Mark Zuckerberg
by Ekaterina Walter
Price: $17.90
84 used & new from $4.14

4.0 out of 5 stars This Isn't a Gimmick, January 15, 2013
I can hear you out there reacting to seeing the title. You are thinking it is a gimmick to sell a bunch of books by leveraging Mr. Facebook. Sure, that might be part of it, but in all honesty this is a down to the basics business book.

Written by one of the smartest women I have the pleasure of knowing, you'll learn how innovation and passion can take your business to the next level.

It flows in a friendly conversational manor, that no matter how you feel about Facebook, should leave you inspired.

Filled with tons of great examples, insights and actions that you can put into practice immediately upon finishing the book.

The Sketchnote Handbook: the illustrated guide to visual note taking
The Sketchnote Handbook: the illustrated guide to visual note taking
by Mike Rohde
Price: $22.80
81 used & new from $18.00

5.0 out of 5 stars More than simple doodles, December 13, 2012
I've been a doodler my whole life, but had never given much thought to using them for something more than keeping my mind busy while in a meeting.

This book is informative and inspiring all at the same time. Anyone who reads it is going to put it down and want to buy a new notebook and pen and start drawing right away.

I love how the thoughts are direct and stick with you. The entire book IS a Sketchnote so you can't help but be impressed with it the moment you open it up.

You'll read this book in no time, but you'll be earmarking it and going back to read it again and grab tidbits for years to come.

Tearing Down The Wall: The Contemporary Guide to Decoding Pink Floyd - The Wall One Brick at a Time
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Any Music Fan Will Enjoy It, November 14, 2012
I have to admit right up front that I'm not much of a Pink Floyd fan so going in there was no way I could give this book five stars. But, since the author is a friend of mine I wanted to buy a copy and see what he had to say.

I am a HUGE lover of music and because of that I thought I'd enjoy this book and I did. Anyone who has listened to The Wall at least one (and honestly, who hasn't?) will have a new appreciation for it after reading this book.

Nemcoff analyzes this single album to a degree I didn't know was possible and while I didn't fully appreciate all the nitty gritty bits, I have a feeling that the true fans of Floyd are going to flip over and argue over them. Plenty of conversation starters for them and I can't wait to see their reactions.

If you have a music fan on your Christmas list, I can't think of a better new present to get them this year.

The Longest Way Home: One Man's Quest for the Courage to Settle Down
The Longest Way Home: One Man's Quest for the Courage to Settle Down
by Andrew McCarthy
Price: $19.13
166 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Reflective Travel Journals Are The Best, October 19, 2012
Having grown up watching the actor on the screen, it was a bit strange to read his words and follow along with his travels.

But, I quickly moved past that and found myself filled with the sensation of reading a journal no one else was suppose to read. The words, feelings and emotions are raw and written out beautifully. Every location and scene I could see in my head and now I'm filled with a renewed sense of wanderlust.

Anyone who enjoys travel and great writing should pick up a copy of this book. I couldn't put it down and when it ended I was sorry it wasn't longer.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4