Profile for Pam > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 36

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Pam "Pam" RSS Feed (New Jersey)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
All You Could Ask For: A Novel
All You Could Ask For: A Novel
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $9.78

4.0 out of 5 stars A good book with a great story behind it, July 13, 2014
I want to commend the author, Mike Greenberg, for writing this book. It's very impressive how well he was able to capture the perspective of women and also that he was so inspired by his friend's battle against breast cancer that he wrote this book. I can't think of a more meaningful way to honor a friend than writing this book.
And, the book itself is very good. The characters and their stories are engaging and the book is uplifting.
I think this would be a good book for a person newly diagnosed with breast cancer as well as friends and family members supporting someone with breast cancer.
The one thing that would have made this a little more well-rounded for me would be to have added in the perspective of a woman who is more economically disadvantaged and dealing with breast cancer, or a woman of color. In the challenges of life, we sometimes connect with people different from us and find that we really aren't so different after all.

Cole Haan Women's Air Juliana Pump,Nougat Patent,9 B US
Cole Haan Women's Air Juliana Pump,Nougat Patent,9 B US
Offered by ShoeMetro
Price: $42.99
2 used & new from $42.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful shoes, May 27, 2014
This is a stunning shoe for plain patent leather. I wear between an 81/2 and a 9. I decided to go with a 9 and am very happy I did. In the 9, this fit me well. The nougat color is a pale tan with a little pink. My skin is very fair, so for me, this looks nude. The color is very pretty, particularly in patent leather.

I love Cole Haan shoes. They hold up well, and they are usually pretty comfortable. I know I'm going to enjoy these for years and they are going to match everything.

Silver Sparrow
Silver Sparrow
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I really liked this book, March 24, 2014
This review is from: Silver Sparrow (Kindle Edition)
The plot of this book is interesting and I found the characters to be very real. Parts were funny, others sad, and others were touching. I really enjoyed it and I would happily read other books by this author. She's very talented. I'm Caucasian and I like to read books by authors of different racial and ethnic backgrounds. It helps me understand different perspectives. And, I'm always reminded that the challenges and triumphs in our lives are pretty similar, no matter what color you are.

If you like fiction about families and relationships, you will likely enjoy this book.

Remember How I Told You I Loved You?
Remember How I Told You I Loved You?
Price: $5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh, March 24, 2014
I thought these were just okay. I didn't find the characters or stories to be particularly compelling. They didn't connect emotionally for me.

Saturday Knight Harbor Cove Fabric Shower Curtain
Saturday Knight Harbor Cove Fabric Shower Curtain
Offered by The_Curtain_Shop
Price: $22.95
2 used & new from $22.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great in our bath!, March 24, 2014
I ordered this for our condo at the beach. I was looking for nautical themed items and this is great. The printing is good and the curtain doesn't look cheap. It's a very nice shower curtain and exceeded my expectations.

Arctic Penguin Shower Curtain Hooks
Arctic Penguin Shower Curtain Hooks
Offered by GeeksHive, Inc.
Price: $9.10
11 used & new from $8.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice silverware set, March 24, 2014
I ordered two sets of this pattern. The pieces are nice, but one or two pieces had dark spots of discoloration that I can't seem to remove. It isn't that noticeable, but is the reason I didn't give five stars. The pattern is perfect if you are looking for a nautical theme.

Wind Chime 5 Ring Polyresin Charm Lighthouse Hanging Garden Decoration
Wind Chime 5 Ring Polyresin Charm Lighthouse Hanging Garden Decoration
Offered by StealStreet
Price: $28.29
3 used & new from $28.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cute for the price, March 24, 2014
I gave this to my husband for Valentine's Day. He loves wind chimes. These were nicer than I expected. Very nice for the price. Each lighthouse is different.

Ellen Tracy Outerwear Women's Color Blocked Coat with Fox Trimmed Hood
Ellen Tracy Outerwear Women's Color Blocked Coat with Fox Trimmed Hood
Price: $345.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great coat, a bit wrinkled, February 9, 2014
The coat is terrific. I love the color; it is warm and the sleeves are more fitted than you find on most coats. The zipper is sturdy gold tone. It is slimming. The only thing I don't like is that it looks like the coat was folded up for a long time. The hood is very wrinkled and the fur on the hood is a bit bent. I hope some time in the closet will help it. It is a great quality coat, but it should have been treated a bit more carefully.

Carnation Home Fashions 70'' x 72''  Fabric Shower Curtain, Polar
Carnation Home Fashions 70'' x 72'' Fabric Shower Curtain, Polar
Price: $13.20
6 used & new from $8.26

1.0 out of 5 stars Penguin shower curtain was not the image shown, print is blurry. Poor quality all around., February 5, 2014
The penguin shower curtain I received is different from the one that was shown on Amazon. On top of that, the printing wasn't aligned properly for the different colors, so the image is blurry. Finally, one of the holes at the top to hang the shower curtain wasn't cut, so I had to cut it myself. This is quite possibly the poorest quality product I've ever purchased through Amazon, and I've purchased hundreds.

Penguins 2014 Wall Calendar
Penguins 2014 Wall Calendar
by Willow Creek Press
Edition: Calendar
8 used & new from $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable!, January 20, 2014
My son loves penguins so we ordered this calendar for him. The images are very cute and well done. We liked it so much we put it up in the kitchen for the whole family to share.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4