Profile for Beardyjin > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 174

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Beardyjin "beardyjin" RSS Feed (New Orleans)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18
Big Hero 6 Armor-Up Baymax Action Figure
Big Hero 6 Armor-Up Baymax Action Figure
Price: $18.74
135 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Two figures for one great price, February 19, 2015
Got this for $20 on Amazon, and for that price it is without a doubt the best Baymax figure for your money on the market now! The armor parts do not stay attached well with rough play, but it is perfection as a display piece. I got this for my 7 year old and he loves playing with it for the different combination of looks he can get with the armor on in various stages. Great movie, great toy!

Bandai Tamashii Nations S.H. Figuarts Michael Jackson "Smooth Criminal" Version Action Figure
Price: $34.80
118 used & new from $14.40

5.0 out of 5 stars King of Pop gets an action figure worthy of his title!, February 19, 2015
Ultra poseable/articulated and highly detailed. There isn't much more you can ask from an action figure. He comes with two head sculpts, two torso sculpts, a very poseable hat (which is a rarity for figures in this scale), interchangeable feet, and a slew of interchangeable hands. The figure stangs at just slightly under 6" with his hat on. As a point of reference, he stands almost exactly in scale with the Star Wars 6" Black series figures. He is currently displayed on my shelf next to a Storm Trooper from that line and it looks amazing! The only minor gripe I have is that I could not duplicate the cross legged stance pose on the packaging. For any serious collector or MJ fan in general, I cannot recommend this figure enough!

Funko Legacy Action: GOT - The Hound Action Figure
Funko Legacy Action: GOT - The Hound Action Figure
Price: $15.09
61 used & new from $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating quality control flaws keep this from being a near perfect figure, September 14, 2014
The first version of this figure I ordered arrived with an arm broken off, but Amazon quickly replaced it at no extra cost. And when my replacement figure arrived, like so many other reviewers here, I had the scabbard attached to his left waist break off almost immediately . The second sword also didn't fit in his hand, but this was an easy fix as all I had to do was slice the small bit of plastic connecting his fingers and thumb with a knife. Despite the quality control flaws, I still think this figure is worth the $15 I paid for it. The armor sculpt is fantastic and the face sculpt is still a little lacking, it is one of the better sculpts from both Dark Horse and Funko's first wave of GOT figures. The best thing about the Funko Legacy Hound is the moveable helm! It looks good with jaws open or closed and fits great on the figure. The different display possibilities and articulation of the figure (just be extra careful posing him so not to break the joints) allow me to forgive this figure's flaws and only ding it one star.

Funko has had a lot of draw backs with this first series of GOT Legacy figures, and I hope their quality control and facial sculpts improve in the next wave because I really need a decent Arya figure to display next to this guy.

Earl Grey Cream Tea, 25 Tea Bags Sealed in a Wooden Box for Freshness
Earl Grey Cream Tea, 25 Tea Bags Sealed in a Wooden Box for Freshness
Offered by Teatime Teas
Price: $5.75
3 used & new from $5.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Subtle, distinct flavor and great packaging, September 14, 2014
I generally drink Bigelow or Twinning's Earl Grey, but I also really enjoy this Metropolitan brand with its subtle cream flavoring. Unfortunately, I cannot find this brand in stores in my area, so I have to order online and pay the added cost of shipping. But this stuff is worth it. The packaging is also very unique and reusable; it comes in a wooden container that snuggly slides open from the top. The 25 packets are all sealed in one large foil package on the inside of the box, and the packets are not individually foil wrapped.

Funko POP Disney Series 5: Mary Poppins Vinyl Figure
Funko POP Disney Series 5: Mary Poppins Vinyl Figure
Price: $9.82
26 used & new from $9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Practically perfect in every way., March 6, 2014
Like most adults who saw 'Saving Mr. Banks,' the film reignited my childhood love for Mary Poppins. So when I found out Funko had her as one of their Pop! Vinyl figures I scooped her up right away. I have about 10 of these Funko figures from various lines, and I've found they can vary in quality with the paint, especially on the face. However, there were no such issues w/ Mary Poppins, who even has a slight rosey color on her cheeks. Even the green head of the parakeet on her umbrella was perfectly detailed! If you're on the fence about this figure, don't hesitate a moment longer!

Lego 71000 Series 9 Minifigure Judge
Lego 71000 Series 9 Minifigure Judge
Offered by Brick Takeover Germany
Price: $9.96
7 used & new from $4.80

5.0 out of 5 stars The verdict is in--this minifig is awesome!, March 6, 2014
This is from the Lego Series 9 minifigure "blind bag" collection and is styled on the British judge in a red robe and white powdered wig. He comes with a gavel, white hard plastic wig, and a cloth red robe split in the middle to showcase the white ruffled shirt print on the torso.

I had to pick this minifig up because it is a perfect representation of Justice Wargrave from the classic Agatha Christie novel 'And Then There Were None.'

The Lego Movie William Shakespeare Minifigure Series 71004
The Lego Movie William Shakespeare Minifigure Series 71004
Offered by Priced4You2Day
Price: $18.50
11 used & new from $17.50

5.0 out of 5 stars What a piece of work is (this Lego) man!, March 6, 2014
First of all, this minifig is awesome! I love it and it is a shining diamond in this ELA geek's small yet steadily growing Lego collection.

Second, let me try to clear a few things up for my fellow English teachers and Shakespeare buffs that may not be familiar with the Lego minifigure blind bags. This William Shakespeare Lego minifigure (minifig) is like most minifigs, about 1.5" tall. Now why is such a tiny toy going for such a big price? (As of this writing, it averages $9.50 w/ s&h on Amazon.) Well, you can technically purchase this guy for about $3.00 as part of The Lego Movie (Series 12) Minifigure collection at most major retailers right now. The catch is there are 16 figures in the series and each figure comes in a foil bag that doesn't allow the customer to see which of the 16 minifigs is inside, hence the term "blind bags." I think this is what's confusing some customers because they see the photo of the minifig only and don't realize this whole blind bag thing is a...uh...ya know...thing. (Hey, I only claimed to like Shakespeare, not to have his way with words.)

So, how are people figuring out which minifig is Shakespeare if it's a blind bag? Simple way: someone buys a whole box of minifigs then opens each bag and re-sells them individually for a mark-up on Amazon or elsewhere. Less simple way: someone fondles one of these blind bags in a store, feeling for certain shapes to identify the minifig inside. Personally, I'm terrible at the latter, so I had to resort to buying from the former to get my own Willy Shakes minifig.

When you get your very own Shakespeare minifig it should come with the following eight pieces: Bald cap/hair, head, white collar, torso, legs, quill, "parchment" that reads, "To build...or not to build," and finally a small black baseplate to stand the minifig on.

Note, the bald cap is made of the same hard plastic as the head, but the coloring of the bald cap is slightly darker than the head. It's not a big deal for me, but in the pictures it looks like an exact color match yet it wasn't so on mine. I believe the bald cap is a new accessory for minifigs, and I think the grandpa from Series 11 was the first minifig to have one. Usually if a Lego minifig is bald the "head peg" shows and any hair is printed on the actual head. Check out the Bane minifig from The Dark Knight Rises to see what I mean. Personally, I like the look of the baldcap, so no complaints from me even with the slight discoloration.

I hope this cleared up some misconceptions for some people and you found the details more glorious than garrulous, as I was rather lax in following the advice of Polonius when it comes to brevity. Now all we need is a Cuusoo set of the Globe and we'll be in business.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 8, 2014 8:50 PM PDT

ERTL Star Wars Episode I Naboo Starfighter Die Cast Model Kit 1:48
ERTL Star Wars Episode I Naboo Starfighter Die Cast Model Kit 1:48
Offered by star2dtoys
Price: $8.95
21 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic looking model!, October 27, 2013
This is the best looking version of the Naboo Starfighter produced thus far, and the only way to get actual chromed out parts outside of customizing a ship yourself. The entire model is metal and looks beautiful once assembled and on the included display stand. I'm a first time model builder and I managed to put this together with little difficulty. I did have to buy a special, smaller screw driver for the super tiny screws used in this set, but that was easily purchased at my local hardware store. This model came out originally quite a few years back, so I was pleased to find it still available MIB for less than $20.

Hilton Adult Unisex Legend Bowling Shirt, Purple/Gold 2XL
Hilton Adult Unisex Legend Bowling Shirt, Purple/Gold 2XL
Offered by Stitch With Us
Price: $38.67
3 used & new from $37.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for any LSU or purple and gold fan!, October 27, 2013
Seems every father that's an LSU fan owns several variations on the polo shirt in purple & gold. We wanted to get our dad something for his birthday that declared his love for the LSU Tigers but was different. This bowling shirt fit the bill perfectly. He loves it. One thing to note is the material was a little thin for the price (reminded me of the material scrubs are made from), but it's designed to be worn with an undershirt like most bowling shirts so my dad actually liked the fact it wasn't a heavier material.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 31, 2014 2:39 PM PDT

G.I. Joe Retaliation Cobra Commander 3.75" Action Figure
G.I. Joe Retaliation Cobra Commander 3.75" Action Figure
Offered by TOYS4DAYS
Price: $16.99
12 used & new from $12.50

5.0 out of 5 stars A definitive 1980s version of Cobra Cmdr., October 27, 2013
Any fan of the 1980s GI Joe cartoon will definitely want to get this figure. The two interchangeable heads give fans both of the classic looks for Cobra Commander--metal mask and hooded mask. Yes, I know the uniform Cobra Commander wore with his hooded mask in the original cartoon was slightly different and a darker blue, but let's be honest--that costume was always secondary to the metal masked Commander. And the best thing about this figure is the metal mask is painted with a reflective material and it is not just a dull gray or silver paint like every other 3.75" figure in the past. Another cool feature is the helmet is not glued on to the head like past figures, so if you want to display a "bald" Commander next to a shiny headed Destro so they can exchange chrome dome polishing tips, go for it.

The body sculpt and paint is fantastic as well. The hands are sculpted with the fingers apart, allowing for him to grasp his signature sidearm as well as some interesting poses. The chopper backpack is also a great playable accessory that comes with two biohazard bombs (because a regular bomb wouldn't be dickish enough for the Commander), allowing for the Commander to make his typical last minute escape from the Joes. The only drawback to this figure is the price; the original retail price at a "big box" store should be somewhere in the $9 dollar range like the other Joe figures, but seemingly the only place left to get him now is on the secondary market. I managed to get mine for $14.95 w/ s&h, so happy hunting because this is one must have figure for any GI Joe fan.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18