Profile for Stan > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Stan RSS Feed (Montgomery, NJ)

Premier Custom Fit 2-piece Front Carpet Floor Mats for Honda Pilot (Premium Nylon, Gray Mist)
Price: $45.73
3 used & new from $45.73

2.0 out of 5 stars fit into car but not straight across bottom like picture. Quality seems good, May 1, 2015
Were not a pictured, fit into car but not straight across bottom like picture. Quality seems good. Holes were in right spot to hold in place on both mats. I have an 04 Honda pilot

Invictus Pub(2 Gloves Value Pack) BBQ Gloves - Perfect for Use As Heat Resistant Cooking Gloves, Grill Gloves, or Potholder , Oven Gloves, or At the Campsite! (White and Blue)
Offered by Invictus pub
Price: $20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them when pulling out over filled vegetable steamer from ..., May 1, 2015
Work well keeping my hands safe. Love them when pulling out over filled vegetable steamer from pot. Great when Im making pizells with two hot irons at a time. Got two, marked one left and right with a sharpie. No matter what hand I put them on they are comfortable. Would recommend to a friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for XBMC, April 5, 2014
First of all I wish there were not so many OUYA haters, mostly found on other review sites. It is not an expensive game system, but is often compared to systems like PS4 and the likes. You could get 4 of these for that price.
If you go to Ouyalytics dot com, you will find it easier to find good full games for free. We like Wilson. These are the games from the OUYA store, it is just a lot easier to search games there. Then from your OUYA, discover, search and install.
The games are fun, especially for people who enjoy tablet games with the added fun of using a controller. You can find more advanced games for a reasonable price using Ouyalytics too, if you need a more advanced game system feeling.
Retro gaming is a lot of fun for me and many others. It is a bit hit and miss with some game roms. (pressing joystick in will reset) Re Living my childhood with my kids has been fun.We now all love Moon Patrol and Pitfall.
XBMC on it has been great. Im glad they are an official partners of XBMC. If you want full digital surround sound you may have to install an APK. The stock version is very stable, which is most important to me. The quad core really makes a difference with HD content. Wifi works well, if streaming problems come when using xmbc, try a different source if video stutters or pause a minute than play.
The controller is good, but not great. It is possible to use better controllers like xbox or ps3on the OUYA. If you search for this you will find out how. I do find that I can easily live withe the included controller.
You can can also use an external flash drive to expand the system. Games can be installed and played from flash, some other systems block this feature. Also an external hard drive can be installed. With programs like VLC player and Plex possibilities are wonderful.
It also has bluetooth, I wish I could say more, but have not tried it.
The system is also an open system, letting you install APK for playstore and the likes, opening up the possibility for more game and programs.
My problem of only one USB was solved with a cheap USB hub.
Systems comes on and off quickly like a light switch.
Sorry I did not say anything negative, I just think its a great fun system for the price. Even if you bought the second controller, it would still be worth the total price maybe even more.

Food Network Signature Series Electric Knife w/ 2 Blade
Food Network Signature Series Electric Knife w/ 2 Blade
Offered by The Trade, LLC
Price: $18.99
10 used & new from $18.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Only thing I hate in my kitchen, May 19, 2013
Long:
was given this as a gift from my wife because she hated my 20 year old knife. It lacks power and is hard for me to hold when I get SLIGHTLY slippery turkey fingers. The power switch is hard for me to keep on. It destroys the Turkey when trying to thin slice. Would be good for turkey salad lovers with big hands. The only thing that is nice about it is the case it came in. Make sure if you get it that you try it while you can still return it. I hope your spouse will not throw away your old knife and packaging for this knife in the first day it come into your kitchen. The best thing about this knife is it upsets me so much that I am thrown out of the kitchen and do not have to help with the meal. Using a decent electric knife used to be my favorite part of a turkey dinner. I wanted to donate it to good will, I would not want to ruin someones dinner who has put to much of their hard earned money into a meal.
Short.
Stay away,look elsewhere for a knife, Should be 0 star

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for <30, January 4, 2013
Nice simple dive gear bag. When looking at the picture imagine there is a large gray plastic cylinder in it, when taken out the bag is just black mesh. Great quality even if it had cost more. I love the bag to travel with, as it takes up little space or weight in my suitcase. Great on location Boat Bag that fits everything for scuba or 2 sets of snorkel gear. Was recommended by my dive master. Her's still looks good after 5 years. Would also make a great beach or pool bag. Dries very easy including what is left inside. Was great to rinse dip on my 7 day dive trip. I keep a small bright orange water proof dry bag inside to compensate for lack of pocket. I gave it 5 stars because I think it is a great value. The dive bag I wanted with a pocket was more than 3 times the price. Total cost with small dry bag was by far less expensive. Safe diving to all

Brother MFC-J430W Inkjet All-in-One
Brother MFC-J430W Inkjet All-in-One
Offered by Expedited_Deals
Price: $214.99
13 used & new from $78.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Same as Brother J435w, July 16, 2012
Update4-5-14 Still going strong. Has not clogged with cheaper generic ink. Have only had to clean head 3x. We still love it. Brother still updates software and app for it.

Wanted to give a quick review. So far it is great. Unpacked, put paper and ink in, chose manual wifi set up, not the push one button on router, as directed by Brother. Have had problems with that with many other devices. Put set up disk in installed all included programs. Set up program saw printer, and made firewall settings automatically. Took about 15 min to install all programs. Restarted computer for good measure.
While computer was re booting, I took out my ipad, went to email, chose print, brother was there, hit print and there it was. Simple and easy to Airprint. tested my iphone, and ipod touch. All worked fine. Installed Brother app. Its good, and adds some more print options from apple devices
Computer going, started some test prints. There are many options. Draft or fast worked well. Sorry, but I forgot to mention. Printer was only connected to wireless network. It is not a wireless desk top. Was very happy it easily connected to printer thru my router with out usb cable and I now have my ubs port free.
Then went to MacBook having installed nothing, opened a web page hit print. MacBook saw Brother and asked me if I wanted to use Brother. Said yes. MacBook got a simple print driver and was ready to print almost instantly. Thanks Apple. Its a simple printer driver, but good for average user.
Got to get kids ready for camp. Will update later
1st update printed a scrapbook page from brothers free site where you add your photos to there templates. Came out nice, but not great on plain paper. Also printed a photo that was super enhanced in contrast and saturation. Print was not great. Both were are on generic matte paper. Image was clear, but colors were off on enhanced photo. Printer was not on best setting.
2nd update: Printed 4x6 on cheap kodak glossy paper result pretty good. Printed using brother app from Iphone. If cheap ink 10 pack I bought from amazon keeps same results I will be very happy. With paper and ink about 3 cents a pic.
So Far 3 8x10, 3 4x6, 25 internet pagers in fast mode, and All show almost full, have to look close to see ink went down a bit.
So far will keep as the network is still working good. Had a power failure and everything worked by itself after power came back. This is great because I have cable, which gives a new ip address after power reset.
3rd update. Starter cartridges getting say low ink now 9/1/12 5 8x10, 10 4x6, 45 internet pages, 20 black docs. Still making clean prints, never had to clean printer head. Paper tray is a little annoying. If I want to print photos. It likes it better if I put 5 blank in even when I just want 1 photo. not really a big deal since paper tray must come in and out any way. This is also true with 8x10 prints. Im usually rushing to print for kids, have had some success putting 8 x10 over paper in tray, but must put in carefully, or it may grab the regular paper under it. Air print has always worked and makes life so much easier. Wireless scanning has been useful. Haven't had fax in a while, but its nice to know it is there. Document feeder has worked well for multi page copies.
Have not had any problem with ink evaporation, Also my printer can print in "Grayscale" when color is out. This may be an option of latest firmware. Would not recommend it all the time, as letting a very little color our while printing black keeps print head ready and clean when color printing is needed.

Bottom line great so far, was super cheap at BB. BrotherJ435w

Brother MFC-J435W Network-Ready Wireless Color All-In-One Printer
Brother MFC-J435W Network-Ready Wireless Color All-In-One Printer
Offered by Niche-Supply
Price: $249.96
12 used & new from $65.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the money, July 14, 2012
Got to get kids ready for camp. Will update later
Bottom line great so far, was super cheap at BB

Delkin Devices DD/RCR-V3 Rechargeable CR-V3 Battery with Charger
Delkin Devices DD/RCR-V3 Rechargeable CR-V3 Battery with Charger

2.0 out of 5 stars Keep charging, May 25, 2005
THE battery is good after a full charge. It lacks in holding the promised charge. I find after 2 weeks it is questionable, depending on how many pictures were taken before the camera sat waiting to be used again. I got over 100 pictures when used in 3 days, Which is more that my AA nimh 2100mah. Which I bought from Walmart {so probably not a super battery} The wallmart batteries actually hold the charge longer {very sad}.The charge time is not to long when charger from half charge.

Over all, I hope the next ones I buy will be better than these. My solution is to carry a non rechargeable battery in my case for when the Delkin dies. I also try to give it a full charge before leaving the house, as there is no memory effect. I also recomend checking to see if there is a firmware upgrade for your camera. Every camera shuts off when the battery is at a different power level. My Nikon coolpix 3100, seems to shut down sooner than later. All reviews should mention what camera they are using for this reason. Have been using 3 months now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Stan, Review, March 23, 2005
This play is good if you get a good one. My first player Froze, like in other reviews. Sent back and got another which has been working great. 6 months now and has been handled by me 2/half year old.{Now 3}

I noticed with the new player when I zoomed the Zoom Icon on the display will dissapear after a few seconds. With the first player the Zoom Icon stayed on until you shut off the zoom. So it seems that they make slightly different players under the same model number. So take a look at your zoom button on the remote and help see if I am right or crazy.I think this is the key to getting a good or bad player.

I also love the player because, It can be unlocked to play all regions {vcdhelp.com}, the charger is world widev {with a plug adaptor}, plays dvd+,dvd-,vcd,svd,mp3, dvds made by my lite on dvd recorder in all record modes{2,4,8 hour {VBR dvd}}. and can also pal output when we travel.

If you want a little better sound out of it adjust the equalizer setting.

It is also great getting all the stuff included that makes it truly a portable dvd player.

Another person said you can input video with this player, mine cannot, as said in tech. data. Also a player that looks exactly the same under another name is not always the same player. My friend has the inital which wll not play all of my home made dvds, but it looks exactly the same, except for how the battery hooks up.

June 21 2005 still going strong\
wii keep updating

Hope you all liked my first review