Profile for Teri Thorowgood > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Teri Thorowgood RSS Feed

London Fog Women's Plus-Size Single Breasted Double Collar Trench Coat, Pink Azalea, 2X
Price: $119.00

4.0 out of 5 stars but it's really so pretty, especially in the pink, March 27, 2015
Runs a bit large, but it's really so pretty, especially in the pink. I'm now ready for spring~

Fitbit Wireless Activity/Sleep Tracker, Black/Blue
Fitbit Wireless Activity/Sleep Tracker, Black/Blue
Offered by Verocity
Price: $210.00
16 used & new from $196.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful for Getting More Healthy Activity, January 29, 2012
I got by Fitbit about two weeks ago and I wouldn't give it up for nothin' -- it's easy to use and keeps you in touch with exactly how active (or inactive) you are. I love the online community on the Fitbit website and have found it very helpful in encouraging me to keep moving more and more. I'd recommend this little gadget to anyone that wants to move more and get healthy

My Fair Lazy: One Reality Television Addict's Attempt to Discover If Not Being A Dumb Ass Is the New Black, or, a Culture-Up Manifesto
by Jen Lancaster
198 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment is the new reality, July 12, 2010
I discovered Jenn Lancaster's books a few years ago. Bought the first one off a discount rack, read it, and immediately bought the next two. I toted that to ladies beach week and eagerly shared them and turned everyone in the condo into a Jennfanatic. They all bought there own copies of the books, we read excepts aloud, roaring with laughter. Her sharp wit and brass balls made a wonderful week at the beach that much more memorable.

So I waited impatiently for the release of her latest book. I barely made it home before pulling it out of the bag, settling on the sofa with a glass of wine, and digging into what I hoped would be another side-splitting, snarky adventure through Jennsylvania.

To my very sad shock, Jennsylvania had been transformed into Pretentiousnation. I literally had to force myself through each chapter. But I wasn't going to give up, because I had such high hopes that maybe, just maybe, Jenn would thrash her way through the self-indulgent naval-gazing and bring home the snark.

Sadly, she never did. I found myself, instead of laughing out loud, snorting in disgust and rolling my eyes over her continuous, pretentious, name-dropping and life-styles-of-the-rich-and-self-involved, artsy-fartsy adventures at "bettering" herself with her woefully rich and painfully boring gal pals.

I finished the booked feeling incredibly let down and sad that a writer I once lurved, who I pimped to anyone who would listen, morphed from a witty, fabuous, fearless, sarcastic biotch into an incredibly shallow, shadow of her former snarky self.

Can't say I will be buying her next offering...unless I find it in the discount bin of Book A Millon.