Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Gear Up for Football Deal of the Day
Profile for S. Aron > Reviews

Browse

S. Aron's Profile

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

S. Aron RSS Feed (west hollywood, ca United States)

Page: 1 | 2
Nvidia Shield Tablet Case - Exact NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Case [SLENDER Series] - Ultra Slim Lightweight Smart-shell Stand Case for NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet (8-inch 2014 Model) Black
Offered by Smart Shop Online
Price: $11.95
3 used & new from $2.95

2.0 out of 5 stars We'll built and fits well. But the clasp has ..., June 4, 2015
We'll built and fits well. But the clasp has been scratching my screen! There are several scratches where the metal clip is supposed to hit the magnets, but occasionally hits the screen instead. Unacceptable! It should be wrapped in fabric or something to prevent scratching.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars I really wanted to like this tablet, May 2, 2015
I really wanted to like this tablet. Nvidia has so many neat tricks with this thing, but it fails in basic operation so often that I can't give it a positive review.

In gaming, yes, it's amazing. GTA:SA and Half Live all work flawlessly, with great frame rates. It's awesome to bring it somewhere, plug it into the local TV, and pick up your game where you left off. It's also great for consuming media--the dual front facing speakers give great separation, and the size is "just right".

In everything else, it has many basic flaws. There's a ton of operational lag, even after deleting as many apps as I could stand and very frequent reboots. The LTE radio has a really hard time finding the local towers (T-Mobile). Often I will have 3-5 bars of LTE on my phone while the tablet is sitting on a 2g connection. I end up tethering my tablet to my phone, which completely defeats the purpose of having an LTE tablet.

I want to love this thing, but I keep having major issues just trying to do basic things that I'm just really frustrated with it.

NVIDIA SHIELD Controller
NVIDIA SHIELD Controller
Price: $59.99
22 used & new from $43.99

5.0 out of 5 stars the buttons are solid and have good feel, and the trackpad is a pretty neat ..., March 30, 2015
This is a really top notch controller. The battery lasts damn near forever, the buttons are solid and have good feel, and the trackpad is a pretty neat addition. It's expensive as heck, but you get what you pay for.

KMASHI 10000mAh MP816 (2.1Amp+1Amp Output,2Amp Input Fast Charging) Dual USB Portable External Extended Battery Pack Power Bank Backup Charger For iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S 4 iPad Air Retina Mini Samsung Galaxy S5 I9600 Neo S4 I9500 I9190 S3 I9300 S3 I8190 S2 Note 3 N9000 Gear HTC Sensation One X S EVO 3D 4G DNA Thunderbolt Incredible Droid DNANexus 4 7 10 LG Optimus V Blackberry Z10 Z30 Q5 Q10 Bold Curve Torch Motorola Razr Maxx Bionic ATRIX Nokia Lumia 1020 920 Google Glasses and other 5V Smartphones
Offered by eCase
Price: $49.99
4 used & new from $13.99

3.0 out of 5 stars As advertised, but makes a weird noise., March 30, 2015
Battery capacity is accurate--my Nvidia Shield has a 5000mah battery, and this will charge it twice.

The unit makes a weird whistle noise when it's charging. It's really distracting. Makes me wonder about the quality and possible longevity of it.

Yeowww! 100% Organic Catnip Toy, Sour Puss! Lemon

Merry Pet Cat Washroom / Night Stand Pet House
Merry Pet Cat Washroom / Night Stand Pet House
Price: $99.99
18 used & new from $84.63

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks good...but be sure to keep it VERY clean, March 10, 2014
The enclosed nature of this thing means it holds odors, so you have to make sure it stays really clean. A picky cat with a sensitive nose may not use it. We have one of these and one that's open and one cat definitely prefers the open one 90%+ of the time. Also, because it's enclosed, you may not notice that it's full. But it looks so much better in our hallway than the "cake pan"-style cat boxes.

ContourHD 1080p Helmet Camera
ContourHD 1080p Helmet Camera
14 used & new from $82.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Well designed, simple, easy to operate, great profile, September 9, 2013
I bought this mostly because the GoPro is a gigantic stupid box that is unwieldy sitting on top of a helmet. This thing has about 1/5th the frontal area, which means a lot when you're using it as a helmetcam on a motorcycle.

I love it. It's super easy to use. Turning it on activates lights (if you have earplugs in) and a beep (if it's on the side of your helmet). Push power to turn on (beep!), align the cam using the lasers (if necessary), slide the slider to record (beep!). Done and done. The quality is great, the cam itself has been rugged, and it's super easy to operate. I just bought an additional Contour to use as a rear camera.

My only objection is that the wind noise over 50mph or so makes it hard to hear much. But, all the cams do that, so I can't really fault it. It's a great piece.

Timex Unisex T2N654 Weekender Watch with Blue and Gray Nylon Strap
Timex Unisex T2N654 Weekender Watch with Blue and Gray Nylon Strap
Price: $30.26
26 used & new from $28.14

1.0 out of 5 stars Loud and poor quality, August 14, 2012
This thing looks great for the money. One thing I noticed quickly is the ticker is LOUD. I couldn't have it on my nightstand because the ticking kept me awake, my girlfriend even complained about it on the other side of the bed.

After two months of occasional usage the part of the watch that holds the face on the band broke. I was sitting at the symphony at the time, not exactly an abusive activity. I won't be replacing it.

JVC Car KDHDR30 In-Dash CD Receiver with HD Radio Tuner
JVC Car KDHDR30 In-Dash CD Receiver with HD Radio Tuner

4.0 out of 5 stars Great piece for the price!, January 4, 2012
I love the feature set on this thing. I bought it for the HD radio. Here in LA there are tons of HD radio stations and it makes radio totally listenable again. The ability to play MP3 CDs drops the clutter in the car immensely. An aux jack is great, I play mp3s off my phone on it.

Cons are, the menu system is really complicated. The selector button to select tracks / tune the radio is small, fiddly and feels loose. The screen is bright and you can't change the color (I'd love to get the same amber hue that my E30 gauges glow in). However this unit was so cheap I can't really hold these things against it too badly. I'm a fan.

Luzianne Sweet Tea, 16-Ounce (Pack of 12)
Luzianne Sweet Tea, 16-Ounce (Pack of 12)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff!, September 13, 2011
This stuff is delicious. I've been drinking their sweet tea out of the mix since I was a kid so I'm so happy they finally make it in individual bottled form. Wish I could buy it in stores out here!

Page: 1 | 2