Profile for cjc121 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

cjc121 RSS Feed (St. Louis, MO USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Confessions of a Sociopath: A Life Spent Hiding in Plain Sight
Confessions of a Sociopath: A Life Spent Hiding in Plain Sight
by M. E. Thomas
49 used & new from $5.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a sociopath, just a narcissist, May 15, 2013
I just saw the Dr. Phil show and picked up the book. The book is amateurish, repetitive and boring.

The author definitely has a mental disorder, but she isn't a sociopath. She is a classic narcissistic personality disorder with mild sociopathic tendencies. She plays up her sociopathic tendencies to sell her book. She's wildly imaginative but she definitely doesn't know anything about diagnosing. And no sociopath is protective of her nieces or nephews or listens to what her church tells her. This is a book by a woman who just wants to make money by selling her book. Skip it.

PUR Advanced Faucet Water Filter Chrome FM-3700B
PUR Advanced Faucet Water Filter Chrome FM-3700B
Price: $23.66
78 used & new from $11.51

4.0 out of 5 stars Pur Faucet Mount/New Design, December 25, 2012
This is how your review will appear:

4.0 out of 5 stars Pur Faucet Mount Filters/New Design, December 25, 2012
cjc121 (St. Louis, MO USA) - See all my reviews

I love PUR FAUCET MOUNT FILTERS & have been using them since 1998. My mother-in-law just purchased this newer model, FM-3700B, for me for Christmas. I can honestly say I do not like the newer design & wish Pur wouldn't have made the filter unit either permanently in the vertical position or horizontal position. I liked the model before where I could have either by rotating the unit. And I especially do not like the little, flimsy black lever that turns on the filtered water now. That lever looks like it'll be the first piece to break off.

I bought my last 2 water mounts from Ebay, old design, & I suspect they were defective because both units had water leakage from the housing within 4 months. I'll never buy them again from Ebay, but I suggest buying them from Walmart or some place that has easy returns in case this happens to you.

My mother-in-law bought this new unit from Amazon with a 6 pack of filters so I doubt if I'll have water leakage. But if I do, I'll never buy Pur again.

I also don't understand why Pur gave up the stage designation for their filters for this new MineralClear system. It was easier to find my filter when it was labeled Stage 3 filter, now I don't know what this new MineralClear system is. Is it just the same as the stage 3 filter, does it remove the same contaminants? Has anything changed? I just do not know yet.

On a side note, my sister has a Brita pitcher filter which I used for a few months when my filter went out & the water tasted bitter. I would not recommend Brita filters to anyone, the water tastes just awful.

Update: Yes, I just read all the reviews of customers that had the same problem as I did with the housing cracking. I honestly thought I had received defective units from someone at Ebay. As I said, I'm a long time Pur faucet mount user & I can't believe they would let their product become this shoddy. If this newer model cracks, I'll never buy another Pur again & will write many reviews letting customers know they should never buy this product. Shame on Pur, fix this issue.

OnGuard Bulldog MINI DT 5015TC Bicycle U-Lock and Extra Security Cable
OnGuard Bulldog MINI DT 5015TC Bicycle U-Lock and Extra Security Cable

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Lock for Reg Size Bikes, August 2, 2011
I bought a new Schwinn Cruiser recently & quickly found out this Onguard Bulldog Mini Ulock/Cable does not fit the bike frame & attach object. The Cruiser bike frame tubes are larger & spaced further apart. I had to buy an additional larger Onguard Pitbull LS Ulock as well but am happy with the 2 ulocks because I can lock up both wheels now.

Onguard Ulocks are the best unless you want to shell out big money for the most expensive Kryptonite locks.

So if you have a larger bike, like a Cruiser, buy the Onguard Pitbull LS Ulock & save yourself some shipping.

OnGuard PitBull LS 5002 Bicycle U-Lock
OnGuard PitBull LS 5002 Bicycle U-Lock

5.0 out of 5 stars Only Lock for Lg Size Bikes/Cruisers, August 2, 2011
I bought a new Schwinn Cruiser & after a lot of online research bought an Onguard Bulldog Mini Ulock with a cable for it. I was disappointed when I found out the mini lock would not fit around the bike frame & any object I could attach it too because the frame tubes are larger & spaced further apart. So I had to order this larger Onguard Pilbull LS Ulock to get it to go around my frame & the lock object. So now I have 2 ulocks to lock up my front & back tires.

Onguard locks are the best unless you want to shell out big money for the most expensive Kryptonite locks.

So if you have a large size bike, like a Cruiser, buy this lock & save yourself some shipping fees.

Schwinn Thrasher Adult Micro Bicycle black/grey Helmet (Adult)
Schwinn Thrasher Adult Micro Bicycle black/grey Helmet (Adult)
Price: $17.99
12 used & new from $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Helmet for the Price, August 2, 2011
I researched this helmet online, it has everything I wanted, then I found it hanging in the bike dept at a WalMart store. Check out the stores before you purchase this online & pay the shipping fees.

Great helmet tho, fits all adult size heads & is comfortable.

Wald 585 Rear Bicycle Basket (14.5 x 9.5 x 9)
Wald 585 Rear Bicycle Basket (14.5 x 9.5 x 9)
Price: $18.90
12 used & new from $13.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Size Basket, July 25, 2011
I bought this WALD 585 BASKET knowing it wouldnt fit my Schwinn bike fender rack. Its made for Wald bikes only & the clips do not fit Schwinn bike racks. I did manage to screw the front clip down & used plastic ties to attach it to my bike. Im sure it could hold a full bag of groceries easily.

The basket looks great & is a good value even if the clips do not fit my Schwinn bike.

Born This Way
Born This Way
Price: $5.00

3.0 out of 5 stars BTW Digital Album Download + Booklet, May 25, 2011
This review is from: Born This Way (MP3 Music)
1. I just bought the BORN THIS WAY/GAGA digital album download from Amazon & had no problems whatsoever. Surprisingly, it was quick & since Ive never bought an mp3 dig download from Amazon before, it was a lot easier then expected.

2. I did not buy the .99 digital album, but the $6.99 album to get the booklet & to thank Gaga/Record Industry for finally giving us a reasonably priced album. Thanks to all, fans do appreciate it. And Ill continue to buy from Amazon if they have reasonably priced dig downloads for full albums.

3. My review of the album: As a long time fan of Lady Gaga, I have to say this is her weakest album yet. All the songs are mediocre at best & nothing stands out as a favorite. Also I couldnt help but notice all the songs (except 1) were written by others, NOT Gaga herself. This, perhaps, is the problem. Gaga needs to pen the songs herself to give us the personal edge weve come to expect from her. Lyrically the songs are repetitive, generic & forgettable. Musically, they seem to be pseudo-dance as the dance beats seem to be an after thought. All in all, Im so very sad to say, this album is her worst yet.

4. Note to Gaga: Stop all this performance art bs & get back to song writing. Thats where your strengths are & thats why we love your music.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Love Cero/Plastic Pump, March 22, 2011
I bought this CERO LOTION PUMP to replace my old Cero pump that I purchased from Target 7 years ago. I love the Cero line, I have the lotion pump & cup, because they are heavy weight ceramic accessories that are not too expensive & they look great. But the problem with the lotion pump is that the pump mechanism itself is cheap plastic. It sticks & clogs regularly. Ive had to clean & take the mechanism apart several times to keep it working, but this time the spring finally broke.

Surprisingly, the mechanism in my new pump is different (flimsier & seems to be even more cheaply made) so I dont know how long it will last. But I will continue to buy the Cero line since I really like the design & its not too expensive.

HP Pavilion Slimline S5220F Black Desktop PC (Windows 7 Home Premium)
HP Pavilion Slimline S5220F Black Desktop PC (Windows 7 Home Premium)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Design/Great Price, February 21, 2011
Ive wanted an HP Slimline since they came out & finally settled on this HP S5220F. I love the sleek, slim design & that its an HP since all my pcs/accessories have either been HP or Compaq. I havent had any probs with the pc or Win 7 whatsoever. There were a lot of HP installed programs that I didnt need tho & I took those out to create more space. No probs with overheating or strange sounds as the other reviewers mentioned. The pc is silent except when using the disc drive. Ive got it hooked up to a Dell monitor & HP printer with no probs.

The only probs that I came across is 1) that the INSTALLED GRAPHICS CARD is not big enough for gaming. And since this is a slim design pc, its hard to find graphics cards to fit it. I suggest if youre a gamer, get another pc model. And 2) that you cant add any more MEMORY, 4GB of RAM is the max. But for me, by the time I run out of RAM, Ill need a new pc anyway so Im ok with that.

All-in-all, Im extremely pleased with my HP S5220F. It may be small, but its packed full of features for a great price. Thanks HP.

EZ Artificial Christmas Tree Stand #119
EZ Artificial Christmas Tree Stand #119
Offered by SJS Commercial
Price: $18.86
6 used & new from $12.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Artif Tree Stand, December 31, 2010
After 8 years, my artificial tree finally cracked. The 3 little pieces that made up the built-in stand just broke off. So I was out of a Xmas tree on Dec 5. Not knowing they made artificial tree stands, I searched the internet for a regular tree stand that might accommodate an artif tree pole. I thought I could just adjust a reg tree stand to hold the pole so I almost bought a universal tree stand. Then I came across this EZ ARTIFICIAL TREE STAND #119. I measured my tree pole (1.5 inches diameter) & it fit the stand so I ordered it. Its my best buy of the year: fits my (Wal-Mart) artif tree perfectly & I believe the tree is actually more stable with this stand then with its orig built-in stand (I have cats, so Im very pleased.)

As other reviewers have mentioned, the stand directions are on the backside of the label so be careful when you peel it off. All you need to do is put your tree pole in the little hole adapter piece & screw it into the tree stand, easy.

So if you have an artif tree (with a 1.5 pole diameter), do yourself a favor & buy this stand, youll need it sooner or later. Thanks again, Amazon.

Page: 1 | 2