Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for JJohns > Reviews

Browse

JJohns' Profile

Customer Reviews: 73

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

JJohns "JJohns" RSS Feed (Iowa)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
CURT 56166 Custom Vehicle-to-Trailer Wiring Harness
CURT 56166 Custom Vehicle-to-Trailer Wiring Harness
Price: $51.74
37 used & new from $44.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy the best...forget the rest., July 14, 2016
I have bought other brand trailer wiring kits in the past, but haven't had as much luck as when using the Curt Mfg brand. They provide enough wire so you don't have tight cable runs, connectors are great quality, and the instructions are accurate, complete, and in color with pictures.

Reese Towpower 97234 Class III Custom-Fit Hitch with 2" Square Receiver opening
Reese Towpower 97234 Class III Custom-Fit Hitch with 2" Square Receiver opening
Price: $104.97
2 used & new from $62.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Reese product., July 14, 2016
A Great fit, easy to install, I installed this in 12 minutes...a full 15 minutes after the delivery man dropped it off. First remove the two bolts holding a tie-down anchor on the left side of the car. Next on the right side, position the hitch in place resting it lightly on the muffler, then swing the left side into place and secure with one or two of the bolts (don't tighten all the way). With the left side secured, move to the right side and place both bolts in place. Once teh two right side bolts are started, continue tightening all 4 bolts to the prescribed torque setting. Your done...super easy, well designed, good fitment.

42" Delta Blue Angels
42" Delta Blue Angels
Offered by MJ World Market
Price: $9.14

5.0 out of 5 stars The sinple designs are classic, but great fliers!, July 14, 2016
This review is from: 42" Delta Blue Angels (Toy)
Who doesn't like to fly as high as teh Blue Angles? A nice little kite that flies well. Buying those other 'special designs' are neat but usually have trouble staying in the air. This kite flies and keep the kids interested...a great day in the park!

Fiesta Horchata Drink Concentrate, 16 oz.
Fiesta Horchata Drink Concentrate, 16 oz.
Offered by MexGrocer
Price: $5.95

5.0 out of 5 stars An Awesome Summertime (or anytime) Option to Soda or Pop!, July 14, 2016
This was a hit on vacation! Such a great option to regular soda and tea. Make a gallon, which goes quick, filling, sweet, smooth...will definitely buy again!

This current price point plus shipping is a bit expensive. Our local restaurant sells this brand (Fiesta) for $2.40 / 32oz ice cold. We keep an eye on shipping prices/prime offerings etc. But it is good and we wanted some in out fridge on vacation.

Cllena TOYOTA Car 12V 24V To 5V 3.1A Dual USB Ports Dashboard Mount Charger Blue Light (2.1/1.2A-2)
Offered by Cllena
Price: $11.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Dangerous product DO NOT BUY THIS ITEM UNLESS YOU WANT YOUR CAR TO BURN TO THE GROUND, July 12, 2016
DO NOT BUY THIS ITEM UNLESS YOU WANT YOUR CAR TO BURN TO THE GROUND

I bought this for our 2015 Toyota RAV4 XLE. We needed a few extra ports to charge things on vacation. I wired these to a switched source (I am ASE certified) and went on our merry way. Day 1 the first of the two died...the blue lights weren't on anymore, it did not charge...AND the in-line fuse was still good. Day 7 the second failed...if you know the smell of burning electronics you know the smell...yeah we puled over right away The dash felt hot near this so concern about fire was so great and I had the kids unpack the back of the car to get to our fire extinguisher. I saw smoke under the dash....fortunately this was just 'magic smoke' (jokingly what we call magic smoke...when you let it out the electronics don't work anymore). Disaster diverted and a full 30 minutes later the stench was tolerable and we could move on. And yes fuse number two was still OK (no short).

NBC Sports For Fire TV
NBC Sports For Fire TV
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars FIXED & back to AWESOME!, June 17, 2016
This review is from: NBC Sports For Fire TV (App)
This App is awesome! Replay live events you missed, Great extra insight presentations! This is awesome!

Old Post @900 am 06/17/2016...rated 1 star at the time...they fixed within 6 hours!:
Liked this app until near two weeks ago. F1 episodes that are broadcast on television do not play. Error message 'Parental Controls prohibit this from being viewed'...I have verified there are no Parental Setting on by FireStick. Spoke with Amazon Tech Support...they verified it was not a credential issue. Episodes that are Practice 1 & 3 play fine...Practice 2, Qualifying, and the Race itself (even re-broadcast...and live events) do not play. HEY NBC Sports...is this tied to a rating on the broadcast at all??? Is there some category, G, PG, NR, etc that is not being applied...anything of value (and what the sponsors want us to see) are not able to be viewed.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 2, 2016 9:35 PM PDT

Custom Accessories 10749 12V All Weather Power Socket
Custom Accessories 10749 12V All Weather Power Socket
Price: $8.66
4 used & new from $4.75

5.0 out of 5 stars I buy these and stock up on them so I'm never without one...these are great!, May 31, 2016
I've used this in three of my most recent vehicles...works very well, easy to install (you will have to pop inner panels loose inside of your car...so I am speaking to the DIY crowd). I've never had any of the spring-loaded flaps break off (interior mount not exposed to UV rays), but I suppose with abuse it could be broken...but again not in normal general use.

Additional items needed for a complete install are: 1 inline fuse holder (I recommend a weather-tite blade style to match your other fuses); A single crimp-on ring type connector to attach at the battery; Maybe some extra 16AWG wire if you have a longer vehicle (only 12ft supplied, I needed an extra 4 feet for a 2015 Toyota RAV4).

Diamondback Bicycles 2015 Octane 24 Complete Hard Tail Mountain Bike, 24-Inch Wheels/One Size, Silver
Price: $189.54
3 used & new from $189.54

5.0 out of 5 stars 16" to 24" Transition, May 18, 2016
Perfect bike, good components, son transitioned from a 16" bike to 24" easily. After two trips around the block he was quite ready to change gears and speed off.

NBC
NBC
Price: $0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Glitchy fun..., April 20, 2016
This review is from: NBC (App)
Great idea, used on the Fire Stick, an average 43 minute show requires over an hour to watch. Commercials are built in and you can't skip over them. After the commercial plays you have to wait well over 10 seconds so you can 'rewind' to just after the commercial ends to re-sync video with audio (remember those old voice dubbed Japanese films where the mouth moves but the words don't match...lol). You will need to do this 6 times for an hour long show. then if something glitches (a 1 in 3 chance) you just can't go back and rejoin when you left off. Example, with 5 minutes to go in "The Blacklist" I had an error message on the screen and had to restart the app, then push through 7.5 minutes of accumulated adds (which I had already seen) just to regain the show from where I left off...not fun, but it's the only option for our downstairs TV.

Mr. Coffee IDS77 Electric Coffee Blade Grinder with Chamber Maid Cleaning System, Black
Price: $17.88
55 used & new from $9.51

1.0 out of 5 stars Mr. Coffee...not Mr. Customer Service., January 11, 2016
We have had two of these in the past 6 years. the first one started to have an issue a few months back...the grounds would fall out of the chamber area as you twist the top chamber to then move the grounds to the coffee maker. Since our other one was several years old we just decided to buy another one. We liked it, it does a great job, so why not buy another. Now we open the box on the second one just before the Thanksgiving holidays and encountered exactly the same issue with the new one. We purchased at Walmart, but won't be buying another one based on this reason and the explanation below of our phone experience with Mr. Coffee.

I literally just got off the phone with Vanessa at Mr. Coffee. She could offer no help as the date code on the prongs was out of range for ANY warranty service. Even if I provided a copy of the receipt to her...she could not help...it must go back to the retailer. EVEN WITHIN THE 1 YEAR OF WARRANTY. It took a few attempts at asking in a different way to get that answer. I asked if there is a known issue regarding the grounds 'leaking out' from just under where the "Push On" button is located, but I got a standard "No we don't have that problem on our grinders"...well obviously you do.

Retailers buy these in bulk and who knows about the date code and inventory...but Mr. Coffee could offer no help what so ever...they just had a standard template of questions and no technical assistance. So because of that we will not waste our time buying another one (which could have the same issue) and run around to get a headache. We will just buy another brand with better reviews.

My attempt to upload a video hasn't been all that successful. I have however spent $5 on food grade silicone sealer to remedy the issue. Under the 'button' you press down to start the grind is a huge void that collects grounds due to a design flaw. Packing it with the food grade silicone prevents the grounds from filling the void and then falling out when you twist the cap.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8