Profile for Anubha > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 49

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Anubha RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
TIGI Bed Head Hard Head Hair Spray, 10.6 Ounce
TIGI Bed Head Hard Head Hair Spray, 10.6 Ounce
Price: $12.22
35 used & new from $7.36

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the BEST! I love it sooo soo much!, March 24, 2013
I got this in my mailbox last week and used it for the first time yesterday. And I was compelled to write a review bcoz it is soo amazing, that it would be criminal if I didnt write one for it! :) I used it to get that bump at the crown, and initially i sprayed it twice, also my hair is very fine and not all that volumnous, so it didn't hold the bump for more than 5 min.

Then I re-read the instructions at the back of the bottle and it said - "the more the spray, the harder it gets". So I sprayed 5-6 times, and the look stayed INTACT this time! My hair didn't move. They stayed like that till evening and after it, I just sprayed it again once and I was good to go, for the rest of the evening. I can understand now why the bottle is huge! You will need that much quantity if you want to hold the hair in place. But the more your spray, the better the look stays in place. It almost freezes your hair in place. Now with all that spraying I was concerned that I might not be able to comb my hair through if needed, but brushing my hair wasnt a problem either. Generally you should avoid brushing after you have sprayed the look, in order to avoid reducing the effectiveness of the spray, but if need be, you can brush your hair, even after spraying them, and you wont have an issue! Tried and tested.

Also, it left no residue on my hair like the others might leave. And it does not grease even a bit, even after heavy spraying. I washed my hair today, after using it yesterday, and it did no damage to my hair. None whatsoever! I love it so much, that after it's constant promotion with my sis, I had to order one for her too! She couldnt help getting one for herself :) It can be used daily for the on-the-go quick looks! Just spray it and you are good to go! At this price, it is really worth the money! Every cent!

Give it a try and you will love it!! I do :) TIGI HARD HOLD SPRAY ROCKS! :)

SaveGoodBuy Bundle 3 Pieces Hair Chignon Donut Bun Maker (1 Large,1 Medium,1 Small) (Black)
Offered by SaveGoodBuy
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE LOVE LOVE this Chignon!!!, March 24, 2013
I got this last week in my mailbox and used it for the first time yesterday. I had a party to attend and I decided to go with the top bun look! So I put this at the end of my ponytail and kept rolling upwards, until I achieved the look! And once I was at the party, I cant tell you how many people complimented my look and how professionally done it looked! People were asking me how you made it so flawlessly! Of course, now I know and they know it as well! Seriously, it is worth the money and 100 times better than the sock bun! The sock bun still might have a chance of being messy, but this - NO WAY! It is just epic! My mom loved the look so much, that she's asked me to order one for herself too!

I made the bun using the TIGI Bed Head Hard Head Hair Spray and once the bun was in place, I just sprayed that on top of the look, in order to hold any fly aways in place. And, just to tell you how secure the bun was, let me add this - I never had to use a single bobby pin or anything! I didnt really need the hair spray either, but I used it for those smaller uneven length hair. If your hair length is uniform, you wont need the hairspray; otherwise, simply couple the final look with any hard hold hairspray you have. I personally love the TIGI one!

I even slept the night with the bun on, and when I woke up, it was still intact, and just in place! And, I had some nice curls in my hair too! :) So, one day you could have the top bun look, the other day, you effortlessly, get the waves :) No heating, no styling! Totally natural :)

I got this 3 piece set, and I used the smallest one for my hair, and it was about right on my face. Sufficiently big actually. I wouldnt use the medium and the large size, becoz I think they would be hugeee on my face. I can confidently say that the smallest one would be usually perfect for most people, and you can actually avoid getting the 3 piece set, and instead opt for the single smallest size individually from amazon. But it depends on your preference. I go with the smallest size and its just perfect for look. For the other 2 sizes, I cant comment since I havnt tried them on, and wont, most likely. But will post an update in case I do. Also, I dont have very thick volumnous hair. I have very fine hair and they are thin too in volume, so I was concerned that they might not cover the chignon properly and evenly, and thus I opted for the smallest size. And not only my hair covered it veryyy well, but the size of the bun was right too! Now I know my hair can cover the bigger sizes of this as well, but the bigger-bun look wont be my personal preference.

Anyways, even without the spray, i am telling you, it wont budge a mm! And the best part is that you hair wont feel like its been stretched or damaged in any way! It's soo comfortable to use that you wont have a problem! In fact, I was concerned that i might have breakage of hair, since my hair would be so tightly held up in the chignon! But not a single hair got entangled in it and let me add- I have pretty long hair. Touching my waist. Just be patient especially while rolling it on the top, just when you have the last roll to make. And you'd be the show-stopper! :)

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this! It's a wonderful product and I am ordering one for my mom right away! Trust me, you will soooo love it! I for one, sure do :)

Veet Facial Hair Remover Cold Wax Strips, 20 Count
Veet Facial Hair Remover Cold Wax Strips, 20 Count
Price: $4.14
13 used & new from $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great product! & It works!, March 24, 2013
I got this last week in my mailbox and I tried it on my upper lip yesterday! Unlike some other reviewers mentioned - the strips are not dry! They are as expected and were in good condition. Just be very sure to read the instructions before you head off pulling out some hair! That will help to avoid any mess you might make in the process.

I have to admit that a slight wax residue was left on my upper lip as I pulled off the wax strip, (And, a little is acceptable and expected) but the cleansing wipes given along with this product are soooo good, that even one goes a long way, and can be used until the next time! It has a lot of oil to wipe clean any residual wax off your face. So no problems there! I now have another one of this set ordered for me, and its going to be a constant supply in my house ;)

Good for the times, when you can't run off to the beauty parlours due to shortage of time, or the times when you are travelling!

Oh, and the final result of using this wax strip was a absolutely neat & tidy skin area (in my case, upper lip). I am sooo pleased with how well it worked! No half-effective outcomes - it worked a 100%. Does what it says, and does it very well! Go ahead and buy one and trust me, you wont be disappointed! :)

Bio-oil 4.2oz
Bio-oil 4.2oz
Price: $14.59
51 used & new from $8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this product! It takes time for scars to vanish, but it WILL Work!, March 24, 2013
This review is from: Bio-oil 4.2oz (Misc.)
My friend recommended this to me for evening out my skin tone and removing the appearence of scars on my stomach. I had two surgeries, and so there are prominent scars along my abdomen there. The stomach was operated on the same place twice in 7 years, so to me it looked as if the marks would be permanent.

But I started using this for about a week and as far as my skin tone goes (face) - it is already fairer and almost even now. I also used this on my scars and because they are very prominent keloid scars, so I am sure it will take some time in seeing any visible changes, or lessening of their appearence, but I am certain that this works...

Slight fading of marks can already be witnessed by me. It may take regular application of this oil on the scars for may be a several months, before I completely see them disappear, but I can tell you it works. Slow and steady wins the race, remember?!

I also love its pleasant smell! It totally gets absorbed in my skin, when I use it on my face, and my skin has a glowing effect, without being greasy or anything!

It has clearly started working for me- someone who has visible surgery marks ( not even just stretch marks ), so I am certain it will definetely help you too!

I highly recommend this, but you have to be patient with it, as it may and most certainly will, take time for visible scars to vanish, but trust me, it will pay to stick with it for a while and see the results!

P.S - I thought I was never going to be able to flaunt a two-piece after the surgeries, but gradually, I think in the coming months, I will certainly be able to try that out ;)

Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave-In Cream, 6 Fluid Ounce
Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave-In Cream, 6 Fluid Ounce
Offered by VanDerPloeg
Price: $9.49
19 used & new from $5.26

5.0 out of 5 stars This bottle is MAGIC! Literally :) I love love love it!, March 11, 2013
I got this 2 days ago in my mailbox and although I don't always write reviews unless I feel compelled to do so. But this product, more than compelled me to write a review! In one word this is - MAGIC! I am serious! No kidding! I have very fine, somewhat between straight and wavy hair (upto my back). Not very volumnous, but long and very fine strands. So I applied it after washing my hair, when they were about damp, and as soon as they dried, my hair was softer and smoother, with ZERO FLY AWAYs! I couldn't stop rolling my fingers in my hair and as if that were not enough, it's smell is sooo nice and pleasant that there's no reason you should not consider buying this!

For this price, I think it's a veryyy good deal! If you're looking for a conditioner that would actually leave your hair feeling super nourished, moisturized, and suppppper soft, without being greasy at all, then be informed - THIS IS IT! I swear! Others just claim to meet those ends, but this product actually does what it says! I was kinda skeptical before purchasing this, but after ordering and trying it out myself, I recommend this - 200%! You wont regret your purchase :) :) Btw, my sister loved it sooo much herself, that I had to order one for her as well! :)

Sally Hansen Dries Instantly Top Coat-0.45 oz
Sally Hansen Dries Instantly Top Coat-0.45 oz
Offered by C N SAVE
Price: $6.45
9 used & new from $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The price is great and sally hansen is THE BEST for top coats!, December 27, 2012
I got this today in my mailbox and I am super happy with my purchase! The quantity is great and It's not thick at all like other top coat/base coat nail polishes! I have tried all the high end products when it comes to top/base coat nail paints, but Sally Hansen is THE BEST, hands down! It dries in an instant, and saves me sooo much time! It has a shine which is distinct to it as the coat dries up and the shine lasts long! I will defintely buy this again in the future! I highly recommend this! Sally hansen rocks! :) Trust me, you won't be disappointed with this purchase! :)

Sally Hansen Double Duty Strengthening Base & Top Coat (2239)
Sally Hansen Double Duty Strengthening Base & Top Coat (2239)
Offered by HBA DEPOT

Winter Fuzzy Ski Earmuff muff Warmer Headband Purple
Winter Fuzzy Ski Earmuff muff Warmer Headband Purple
Offered by Gravity Trading
Price: $18.50

5.0 out of 5 stars It's super warm, super soft and it's purple! :), December 27, 2012
I got this today in the mailbox and it's super cute! The size is perfect fit for my head. I guess one size fits all. It's very warm and prevents the cold air from reaching the ears in winters! Its soft and Did I tell you, the purple looks amazing! I will definetely buy this again! Its a must have for winters! :)

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Product is ok but What "toy?", December 27, 2012
I got this today in the mailbox. The length is great, as is the color. The quality is nothing that extra-ordinary, but its soft enough. Secondly, it took over 5 weeks in coming. I contacted the seller and they told me that it is shipped from hong kong through standard mail and the delivery usually takes 3-5 weeks. I could also bear that as I didn't have an urgent need for this scarf. But it looks like it's simply a cut piece, from a big bulk of a fabric of the same print. Ends are ragged. and totally unfinished. Loose thread ends can be seen. I just feel it should have been more finished from the ends.. Then I could have purchased it again, but otherwise, I dont plan to. But at this price I don't think theres much to fuss about!

Strangely, in writing this review, I am given the following options -

How much fun is this toy?
How would you rate this toy's educational value?
How durable is this toy?
How do you rate this toy overall?

I guess they meant scarf and not "toy" :P :P