Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for nowyat > Reviews

Browse

nowyat's Profile

Customer Reviews: 462

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

nowyat RSS Feed (Oregon)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook
Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook
by Terry Hope Romero
Price: $20.48
278 used & new from $3.78

4.0 out of 5 stars It's not the cookbook, it me..., November 27, 2015
I have been in a long search for the perfect vegan cookbook for me, but haven't found it yet. This one is good; the oatmeal cookies, (always the first thing to try in a cookbook) are delish, but it's, its... not even about the recipes. I am looking for a vegan cookbook like the old-school non-vegan ones that cover all the basic daily items regular people can deal with in real life, even if you live in a small town without a grocery store for ten miles. Don't get me wrong, this is a really good cookbook, and I want to try every recipe. I am looking for a cookbook that works from the bottom up, with a large index covering every conceivable thing I might want to cook, but with fewer hard to access or expensive items. But this is, indeed, one of the best vegan cookbooks I have found so far. "Vegan Lunch Box" by Jennifer McCann is really good too because the recipes are easy to make. I really think we are approaching the point where one can transform any recipe to vegan without being so crazily labor intensive, easily. Instead of beef or chicken you whip up some seitan, tempeh,or tofu. You can love them.

The Keeper of the House Finds His Wee One [Rescue for Hire West 3] (Siren Publishing Everlasting Classic ManLove)
Price: $3.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Recovering victim meets retired bounty hunter..., November 26, 2015
My favorite book in the series so far, this story brings in some new characters and starts a story arc involving a serial killer. Quite a fun read. I bought it early on it's original site.

The Secret Life of Betsy Bell
The Secret Life of Betsy Bell
DVD
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining!, November 15, 2015
Cursed: The Bell Witch : I wasn't going to watch this but after seeing one episode, (I watched episode three first), I became quite fascinated. Occasionally it seems pretty contrived, especially the first episode, but nonetheless it's great fun to watch. After learning you have to wear snake boots in the woods i shouldn't care to go there myself. ;) They have a large, adorable dog always with them. It's worth watching just to see him. I would buy the whole season if it was available.

Sir's Intern (Siren Publishing Classic ManLove)
Sir's Intern (Siren Publishing Classic ManLove)
Price: $3.44

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent new author!, November 15, 2015
I really enjoyed this book as a young man from a troubled home finds help and support from his domineering boss.

All Kinds of Tied Down (Marshals Book 1)
All Kinds of Tied Down (Marshals Book 1)
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I almost missed this wonderful series..., October 20, 2015
I was enthralled with both books in this series! I guess I had them mixed up with another book or they rewrote the blurb but I'm so glad I finally read them. These books have everything; excitement, romance, suspense, humor and unforgettable characters the reader will come to love. They were almost too exciting at moments, I mean like panic attack exciting... ,*wipes brow* I really hope the author continues this series! I think it pays to buy books by your favorite authors, keep track of their new works and dig though their past productions. I'm finding better books that way than by randomly clicking around. I'm going to go look for more Mary Calmes right now. This is a series I will re-read often! It was fun to see just how big and bad Sam was at work. ; )

True Haunting: 2
True Haunting: 2
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Scary and fascinating..., October 17, 2015
This review is from: True Haunting: 2 (Kindle Edition)
Just as good as the first book, this sequel is full of new details and unheard stories. It's written from the alternate viewpoint of Ed's wife Marsha and has many humerous moments, often resulting from Ed's feisty personality, as well as a lot of thoughtful analysis. I think I will re-buy the original book for my kindle since I previously owned it in hardback. I am spoiled with my kindle. :) There is even a romantic wrap-up, as we read of their original meeting. Interesting, educational and quite scary. There aren't too many books you can say that about. If you can suggest other books this good please recommend them to me in your review!

When I finished this book I tried to go on to another, quite different one but I couldn't stop thinking about this one...This cute couple seems so credible and intelligent.

Demon House
Demon House
DVD
Price: $1.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not like the original..., October 14, 2015
These episodes are more often goofy than scary. Still largely okay to watch but I'll do it for free in the future. There is another new show, "Alaska Hauntings" that is much better, scary and very much like the original Paranormal Witness, although not on Amazon yet. I bet some of the crew from the earlier version of this moved to that show. Plus this show has some weird biases it seems to be pushing. It's okay though if you've watched everything else already. Lots of good ghost shows out there. Check out the Fourman brothers Living Dead show on YouTube... "My Haunted House" has also had some outstanding episodes. I have to write Amazon and ask them to get these shows! Update: I'm really enjoying, 'Cursed: The Bell Witch' but watch episode three first!

P.S. I thought the best episode of PW of all time was "The Tenents" and they just put out a new book about their experiences called "True Haunting2" I like to say I don't believe, but these are credible, intelligent people. Update: I gave one more star to my review after watching later episodes.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 29, 2015 1:18 PM PST

Fireplace
Fireplace
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty cool..., October 13, 2015
This review is from: Fireplace (App)
I love anything soothing and relaxing and what could be more relaxing than being curled up in front of a fire? This app is awesome in it's simplicity. You get a realistic video of a fire then choose the background sounds you want, be it flames, ocean waves, jungle sounds, river, rain or forest. There is a pop up ad screen at the very beginning but I haven't found it annoying so far. Pretend it's your fireplace, your bonfire on the beach, your campfire... ;) I like the plain fire sounds best. (I have listened for a couple hours now and the ad is just at the beginning only.)

Hunter [Zeus's Pack 5] (Siren Publishing Menage Everlasting ManLove)
Hunter [Zeus's Pack 5] (Siren Publishing Menage Everlasting ManLove)
Price: $4.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Didn't know how much I'd like this series!, October 11, 2015
I have been filling in holes in my Lynn Hagen library and I had hardly read any of the Zues's Pack series and it turned out they are all great. This story was my favorite as Tristan is rescued accidentally when he is mistaken for another and the kindly construction worker Quinn takes him in. There are several excellent books in this series, "Torem" with the hilarious Sidney who is addicted to Red Bull and "Dorm" which reveals and winds up some important story line points from other series, like the mysterious bad guy who killed Dante's coven. I'm really enjoying this series.

Cowboys Wanted [Men of Silver 6] (Siren Publishing Menage Amour ManLove)
Cowboys Wanted [Men of Silver 6] (Siren Publishing Menage Amour ManLove)
Price: $3.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, you can become a cowboy... ;), October 11, 2015
This was a great story. I am always happy to find a new author to follow and I have read some great books by Lynn Stark. This was definitely one of the best. It's all about the characters and the romance between them. Benny Bean and Luke were charming. I need fun books like this to help me stay in a positive mindspace.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20