Profile for dnL > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 44

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

dnL RSS Feed (Colorado, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Fytto ICE HOT Bag, White Blue Snow, 9"
Fytto ICE HOT Bag, White Blue Snow, 9"
Offered by Comfytopia
Price: $12.80
2 used & new from $5.40

5.0 out of 5 stars A little better than what Grandma used, August 13, 2012
I had multiple migraines a month that radiates down to my neck. After trying to twist and roll a rectangular ice pack to fit comfortable under my neck to freeze the blood going into my head, I started to look online for anything that would be better to use.
This classic ice bag caught my eye. First off, I could fill and empty with ice constantly with ice, instead of waiting for my two ice packs to refreeze. Secondly, it had a thick, waterproof liner. This was a plus since I was attempting to use Ziploc bags and they would break or leak.
Now onto me getting it (2 days later with Amazon Prime). I have used this every day. The ice bag can be filled in ice dispenser in the refrigerator door. The medium size fits comfortable under my neck while laying down. When it becomes a mixture of water and ice, it becomes slightly cushion. I have sat on it, put in on top of my knees, and slept with it, and it has never leaked.
Some of the best things have been around forever.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 8, 2012 2:09 PM PST

Smith's PP1 Pocket Pal Multifunction Sharpener
Smith's PP1 Pocket Pal Multifunction Sharpener
Price: $9.21
122 used & new from $7.63

5.0 out of 5 stars A handy dandy product, August 6, 2012
I got the Smith's PP1 Pocket Pal Multifunction Sharpener to sharpen my kitchen knives and sewing scissors. As soon as I got it I used it on a kitchen knife and in less than a minute my favorite knife (we all have one) was back to its cutting glory. I started to go through the house and sharpen everything with a blade.
If you have shaky hands this isn't for you. The sharpener needs a good grip on it while sliding the blade. The carbide is handy for standard blades. Are handy for knives than have dulled a lot, and the ceramic is good for finishing or maintaining undamaged blades.
The diamond rod was what sealed the deal with me. I have a hard time keeping scissors razor sharp. Regular v pattern sharpeners don't work well enough, special scissor sharpeners don't get them sharp enough, but by using the diamond rod, I can get them razor sharp. It only took me a minute or two to get the hang of it.

Otterbox Defender Realtree Series Hybrid Case & Holster for iPhone 4 & 4S  - Retail Packaging - Pink/APC Camo Pattern
Otterbox Defender Realtree Series Hybrid Case & Holster for iPhone 4 & 4S - Retail Packaging - Pink/APC Camo Pattern
Offered by Seller1ON1
Price: $24.99
6 used & new from $14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars More sturdy because of the tree image, August 6, 2012
This is my fourth Otterbox for my iphone 4s. I have a two year old who likes to chew on everything, and that includes my phone, so it is always in a case. I waited 12 days to write my review so that I could see how it would hold up.
The rubber seems a little stiffer than other Otterbox cases, which I am attesting to the image on the back of the case.
I have found everyone has the solid color cases, so I bought the Real Tree one to let mine stand out a bit. I have received compliments and questions where I got it.

Rosemary Mint 8 oz Zen Massage Oil
Rosemary Mint 8 oz Zen Massage Oil
Offered by Natural Selection Bath and Body
Price: $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I would recommend, May 11, 2012
The massage oil is silky and not greasy. I have used it on my husband's shoulders and my sore legs at the end of the day. It doesn't stain our clothing which is a plus. The bottles are bog in my opinion, so the price is justifiable.

Head Over Heels By Ultima Ii For Women. Eau De Toilette Spray 3.9 Ounces
Head Over Heels By Ultima Ii For Women. Eau De Toilette Spray 3.9 Ounces
Offered by Perfume Super Store
Price: $14.51
52 used & new from $9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice smell, just not for me., May 11, 2012
When I searched for a perfume I was looking for a fresh peach sent. Not sweet, just light and musky. I read the other reviews for this perfume and decided to get it.
The perfume was not the peach I was looking for, and gave me a headache. I am sensitive to some perfumes, so I put it back in the box. I ended up giving it to my mom since she liked it. For the price I do not regret getting it, since someone in my family does like it.

Kinect Sensor with Kinect Adventures!
Kinect Sensor with Kinect Adventures!
Offered by Dream Deal
Price: $129.50
173 used & new from $31.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun product, but already had to replace once, May 11, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
We originally purchased the Kinect in December 2010. It was a Christmas gift for our kids (1 & 2 at the time). We chose Kinetimals and the game was a huge disappointment since we thought it would be a freeplay type game. We then searched the Xbox store and found demos and played those and used the voice controls for watching dvds and Netflix. Last month (April 2011) the Kinect stopped sensing motion and only audio and the microphone would work. It became more economical in the long run to buy another one brand new, instead of taking the $79 replacement from Microsoft.
Our living room is small so there is only 6-8 feet to play in front on the Kinect. We have issues with kids and dogs walking in front of us while playing and the sensor picking up on them. We managed to six this a bit by putting the sensor up higher.
One big issue is if you have an older Xbox (like we do) and use a wireless connection. The Kinect needs both a power outlet, and the USB in the back of the Xbox. It will only work with that one. Now, included in the box is a small USB extension cable to also hook up a wireless adapter too.
I will restate that I am a repeat buyer, so I liked it enough to spend another $140 on it. When we first bought it, there weren't very many games for it. Now we play Kinect Adventures and Wipeout two or three days a week. The one advantage this has over the Wii is that there are no controllers, so there are no batteries running out during a game.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 17, 2012 5:24 AM PDT

Schoolhouse Rock! (Special 30th Anniversary Edition)
Schoolhouse Rock! (Special 30th Anniversary Edition)
DVD ~ Jack Sheldon
Price: $9.96
107 used & new from $1.31

5.0 out of 5 stars It's addicting, March 23, 2012
Back when learning was fun and was filled with more information than special effects and crazy antics. All of the songs are here including a new "lost" track. Within the menu you can choose an individual video, by group (science, grammar, etc) or click on The Whole Enchilada for it to go through all of them.
This is something that is good for either younger children or those who have not been subjected to the barrage of the new tween soap dramas. The information is a bit outdated with references to record players and a computer that most children this generation have never seen, however the jungles are catchy and the core material is there.

Reading Rainbow (Music, Music, Everywhere / Ocean Life / Family Matters / Man's Best Friend)

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting for a new generation, March 23, 2012
I grew up watching this show and always though it was neat that Jordi was also on the show. Watching the books come to life enlightened a love for reading. With now having my own 2 under 4, I had a hard time getting them to sit down to hear a story. I bought this set to help ignite that same passion, and I am glad to say it works. My four year old is constantly asking for the Rainbow dvd.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item and great company, December 3, 2011
I ordered two of these shirts for my kids for a family photo. I ordered both a 3T and 4T (a size too big in case of shrinkage and longer wear with growing kids).

First. I received a call, on a Saturday, that they did not have a color I wanted in 3T. The man on the phone explained with me that they are made on demand from him so he asked if I wanted to change the color or another size. I chose white and he then asked me if I wanted to change the color of the writing. THIS IS ABOVE AND BEYOND WHAT I EVER EXPECTED IN CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Second, when I received the shirts I put them away to make sure they stayed nice for our photos. I prewashed them and they did shrink slightly. They were still a little big for my kids who wear 2T and 3T, but I am glad I went up in size. The writing on the shirts what of good quality and did not peal or crack from washing.

These are now my daughters' favorite shirts now. My oldest daughter we had to peal it off of her to wash it, and she wanted it right back after it was washed. My youngest now prefers this over all of her Dora and Princess wear.

Sunbeam FPSBDMM921 Mini Donut Maker, Blue
Sunbeam FPSBDMM921 Mini Donut Maker, Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Best mini donuts, December 3, 2011
My husband just bought me the mini donut maker yesterday, and this morning I made my first batch.

I used the following recipe (which is a variation of what was in the book)
5 tbsp. butter
½ cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup of all-purpose flour
½ cup whole wheat flour (not a food conscious decision, just ran out of all-purpose flour)
2 ½ tsp. of baking powder
¼ tsp of nutmeg
½ cup milk
And ½ cup of powder sugar for coating

(1)In large bowl, beat butter and sugar together. (2) add egg and beat well. (3) in separate bowl, shift together flour, baking soda, and nutmeg. (4) Back to large bowl, alternatively add in flour mixture and milk until well mixed. Put into well-greased donut maker** (5) when done, toss in powder sugar.

** Now here are the tips: I used Pam barbeque spray on the donut maker, spraying both the top and bottom. The batter has the consistently as waffle batter so I used my Oneida cookie scoop (about 1 Tbsp.) to scoop batter into donut maker for less mess and it ending up with a perfect portion. I scooped in the center. The top pushed the batter into place, but did not make a hole. If you need that hole, a skewer can be pushed through. Each donut took roughly 3 minutes, and the time lessens with each batch. I got roughly 3 dozen, but it was hard to count because they kept on disappearing. Also, like other appliances like this do not use soap and water, but just wipe down firmly with a towel or paper towel. After a few uses, you will not need as much spray and develop a better non-stick surface.

The waffle maker itself has one concern of mine, and that it down get slightly hot all over except where the lift handle is, and there it is warm. This is definitely a supervised activity for kids that don't know "Hot don't touch."

This appliance is a keeper and is going by my waffle maker. I like that this gives me more options for breakfast and snacks and having control what is in it and avoiding fried foods.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 29, 2012 1:32 PM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5