Profile for Matthew Pirelli > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Matthew Pirelli "The Spare Tire" RSS Feed (Knoxville, Iowa)

The Reverse Diet: Lose 20, 50, 100 Pounds or More by Eating Dinner for Breakfast and Breakfast for Dinner
by Tricia Cunningham
Price: $17.67
117 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars You CANNOT lose 6-7 pounds of fat per week by dieting alone!, January 15, 2007
While the premise of this diet plan has been around for countless decades, "Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper," please stop applauding this like the light bulb was just invented. While this book is generally pretty good, it is very much another glorified recipe book with some good tidbits. Does this diet work? Of course, as this premise has been around for decades and is truly nothing new or revolutionary.

Here is where a good book got bad-she claims that she lost over 100 pounds of fat in just 4 months by simply using the reverse diet. Lets do the math on this monumental achievement: this would be an average of 20,440 calories per week or 2,920 calories per day that would have to be overcome. Without several hours per day of mind-bogglingly intense exercise, this is absolutely mathematically impossible by simply dieting. Remember, to lose a pound of fat, you need to overcome 3,500 worth of calories. No one should thing that they can lose 6-7 pounds of fat per week by simply following a reverse diet. Again, this is impossible!

This is great for some woman, but I still feel that the best combination for success is the Biggest Loser Cookbook combo with The Beer Drinkers Diet (the ultimate regular guy plan) available here on Amazon.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 11, 2013 1:57 PM PDT

How I Lost 500 Pounds: The Chronicles of  Reformed "Yo-Yo Dieter"
How I Lost 500 Pounds: The Chronicles of Reformed "Yo-Yo Dieter"
by Bradley Cailor
6 used & new from $20.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly, a fantastic breath of fresh air! WOW!, January 2, 2007
What a great read. The author spills his guts out in an effort to help us. How genuine!

If you are not motivated to lose weight after reading this book, nothing will help you! Step by step and pound by pound, he shows you how he finally persevered and triumphed.

Also, he has put together 50 of the best tips that he compiled from researching every diet book and plan, as well as interviewing hundreds of successful dieters. A king of "best of" guide, if you will.

This is truly as good as it gets. This is the best weight-loss book I have ever encountered. You cannot go wrong with this thing--BUY IT!

You, on a Diet: The Owner's Manual for Waist Management
You, on a Diet: The Owner's Manual for Waist Management
by Michael F. Roizen
1821 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Worthless!, December 5, 2006
I am so dissapointed in this book that I will be returning it.

I bought a book by an unknown author(Cailor)on Amazon called The Beer Drinkers Diet that was 100 times better and more effective than this book.

Buyer beware!

The Beer Drinker's "Diet"
The Beer Drinker's "Diet"
by Bradley Cailor
26 used & new from $2.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a diet book for us common folk!, November 28, 2006
I am sick of diet books telling me no beer or no alcohol, or just one beer, maybe two. That is probably why most people cannot stick with a diet plan. I am sick of being told what I can eat and drink. For the love of Pete, I like to put down some beers just like most every other guy.

Although this book was written by a "regular guy", his knowledge and research is extraordinary. The fact that he showed me how he lost 114 pounds while enjoying life convinced me to give it a try too.
So far so good, I think I can stick with this common-sense plan. Thanks for finally coming up with a diet plan for the common folk! Regular guy author seems to really care about his reader, I can sense his passion to help people lose weight. Remember, he was fat too! I can't wait to have a beer with Brad. This book was really fun to read and real inspiring.

UPDATE Jan 19, 2007--I have now lost 33 pounds having started in mid October! Despite hanging out in out in our local bar Dingus a bit too often. Thanks Brad!