Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro
Profile for Sondra > Reviews

Browse

Sondra's Profile

Customer Reviews: 20

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sondra RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Banpresto Pokemon Best Wishes Deluxe Plush - 47732 - 7" Munna
Banpresto Pokemon Best Wishes Deluxe Plush - 47732 - 7" Munna

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cute, April 5, 2013
This munna plush in my opinion is one of the cutest ones. Munna plushies form/shape can sometimes be awkward I notice. But this one is perfectly round and fat. You can't really tell in the photo here, but in person it's really adorable and it stays true to the form/construction of the munna you see in the games/anime. It's very symmetrical and the embroidery/stitching is very well done. It is not made of minky if you were curious. It is 7 inches in height and very cute. This is the banpresto super deluxe plush, so it has a string in it's head. (You can hang munna up if you wanted so she's floating!) I'm very happy with my purchase, and this plushie is the real product. It has it's shopro sticker on the tag. Overall if you love munna this is a worthy plush to your collection and for a good price too being a Japanese import.

Banpresto Pokemon Best Wishes Deluxe Plush - 47732 - 11" Minccino/Chillarmy
Banpresto Pokemon Best Wishes Deluxe Plush - 47732 - 11" Minccino/Chillarmy

5.0 out of 5 stars Cutie, April 5, 2013
This minccino is exactly what I was looking for; it's the real product. It is very adorable in person, and is well made. The fabric is not minky though wasn't expecting it for this plush. The embroidery and stitching is perfect, and he's just the right size for a cuddle buddy. ( : The tail on the back is held in two places so you have no reason to worry about this particular plush's tail being flimsy like other minccino plushies have been reported to be. If you like this pokemon this plushie is a must have in my opinion. It was definitely worth the purchase.

Things to consider... It doesn't stand up on it's own. You will have to lean it against something if you plan on displaying it. But that is the only thing really, but that's hardly a complaint.

It also has cute little paw pads ironed onto it's paws that are pink in color. This is a big plush too, around 11 inches in height.

Takaratomy Pokemon N-45 Flareon/Booster Best Wishes 7.5" Plush Doll
Takaratomy Pokemon N-45 Flareon/Booster Best Wishes 7.5" Plush Doll
Offered by
Price: $23.66
88 used & new from $10.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Flareon, January 23, 2013
My flareon got here about 2 days before I expected it! The tags looked good, the embroidery and stitching are durable and very well done. This is the real flareon!! And really good customer service too! I bought the rest of the eeveelutions from this seller. : ) Flareon is really adorable in person, and very soft! I don't regret buying him!

Nintendo 3DS Portable Gaming Console - Purple
Nintendo 3DS Portable Gaming Console - Purple
Offered by goldcoinstar
Price: $245.00
68 used & new from $97.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful choice of color. Fun system., October 11, 2012
The 3DS is pretty amazing. I upgraded from the ORIGINAL DS! haha

I like how there is a lot to navigate through on the home page. You should start out by making your Mii character. Then after that enter your internet information in the settings at the end of the panels on the home again. After that you automatically get a friend code for your Mii.

Also this is an upgrade from the original DS. I have never had a DS that had internet connection. This way you do not need a nintendo wi-fi to use the wifi. Just turn your wireless on the DS and you're good to go. Just make sure you are close to the source of your internet.

To extend the battery life there are three things you can do.

1) Turn down the screen lighting. (This is also better for your eyes. I always like my screen settings low.)
2) Turn off the wireless at the side of the 3DS.
3) Use 3D feature seldom.

For the 3D to work properly, follow the instructions it gives you with most games. You basically hold it a little over a foot away from you a little under a 45 degree angle. Hold it still or the image will kinda duplicate in an odd fashion.

The 3D is cooler than I thought it would be. I only have nintendogs so far, and the 3D really adds life to your dog. It literally looks like the dog is inside the DS, and you are looking though a window. It makes the puppy that much more real.

So far I haven't used the 3D more than 10 minutes at a time, and haven't had much problems like headaches. My eyes sometimes feel weird after or during using it.

I like to turn my 3D slowly on with the little lever for it. And also slowly off. I don't know if you have to do it that way, but it just is nice to ease into and out of it for me.

Honestly this color is beautiful. It has gradients of deep purple colors. I love the way it looks. I don't know why they haven't made a DS in this color yet. Now they just need to start making these at the release of new DS systems. Judging by how many models there are, you would think there would be a lot more color options. How cool would a lime green DS look? Or a canary yellow?

So if you are thinking about upgrading to a 3ds from whatever system you had, I thought it was worth it. But remember I'm new to the internet on the 3DS scene and all the cool things that come along with it. I guess it's up to you to compare your system to this system to see if it's worth the update. Or if you just want it for the new 3D games, that is a good reason too. That was another one of my own reasons. : )

Shojo Fashion Manga Art School, Year 2: Draw modern looks
Shojo Fashion Manga Art School, Year 2: Draw modern looks
by Irene Flores
Price: $16.06
78 used & new from $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful!, September 4, 2012
I think that anatomy is one of the biggest things to master with manga. None of the manga books I have owned, including this one, will help you much with getting familiar with human anatomy. You need to look at stock images of human anatomy and sketch it a lot. You need to practice a ton, and do a little research on how the human body moves and how it looks in various poses. I suggest picking up on gestural/figural sketching. It really does help. This book does cover some anatomy, but just very basic things. Trust me, you just need to practice and be patient.

But this book is so cool! It has pages on how to draw just the mouth, just the ears, just the eyes, just the hair... And I think that is pretty cool. It explains how to place the facial features on the blank. (Blank is the drawing of the head before the facial features go on.) It shows you the difference between male and female bodies. It has pages on some accessories...

I think it's just a really cool well-rounded how to draw manga book. I wish there were more male fashion in this. But still, so good. I love it! You should definitely get it if you're still waiting to. haha

Art Advantage Watercolor Brush Set, 5-Piece
Art Advantage Watercolor Brush Set, 5-Piece
Price: $5.74
3 used & new from $5.74

1.0 out of 5 stars We have been betrayed by pony hairs!, September 4, 2012
These brushes have such flimsy tips on them! They don't work well at all. Some of the hairs were falling out, and uneven. They are not strong enough hairs to firmly push your medium about. Instead, the hairs kind of become a mop, so the tip fails even more.

I don't even think you would be able to use these for acrylic, honestly. This was a very bad choice of paint brush for me. You would have to see them in person to understand how useless they really are. But don't even waste your time. These are not worth it. Very low quality.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 16, 2013 8:48 PM PST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice inking pens!, September 4, 2012
Amazon doesn't ship Micron Sakura to where I live, so I went for these. I don't regret it. The variation in the nibs is awesome! I also really love the deep black pigment of the ink.

Now that I have some good inking pens and brushes, I just need to learn not to shake when making long smooth lines.

Another good thing is these are waterproof. So watercolor can go over them. They are also permanent, and are not toxic.

Staedtler Mars Plastic Eraser, 1-Each (52650BK)
Staedtler Mars Plastic Eraser, 1-Each (52650BK)
Price: $5.52
21 used & new from $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars WARNING! Way overpriced!!!! Good eraser, terrible rip off price!, September 4, 2012
This is so worth the price! It is very durable and doesn't reduce to nothing quickly. It doesn't smear your pencil work, and does a great job at removing all the graphite. I love my eraser! haha So far it has worked well with ordinary paper, to heavyweight watercolor paper. It even worked well on the wood I have for pyrography.

-------------------------------------------

Ok, this eraser is great. But guess what? You can buy about four of them for the price this seller has them for. (4.49)

I did buy one here, but was highly disappointed when I found them on another website for only 1.19!!!!! I ordered 10 of them from Utrecht Art Supplies, and they are the same exact eraser as here!

[...]

There is your proof. You are totally getting ripped off for this price on amazon.

So there you have it. These erasers are wonderful but go get yours from Utrecht art supplies.

WBM Himalayan Glow Natural Air Purifying Himalayan Tall  Round Style Basket salt lamp with Salt Chunks, Bulb and Dimmer control
WBM Himalayan Glow Natural Air Purifying Himalayan Tall Round Style Basket salt lamp with Salt Chunks, Bulb and Dimmer control
15 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars They're beautiful!, September 4, 2012
These are so pretty! I got two for my mom for her birthday. She loves the Himalayan salt series. Hers came in perfect condition. They come so that the rocks are already inside the basket.

My mom really liked the dimmer effect.

The rocks don't get too hot or anything. And they look like a burning fire at night.

Manga Moods: 40 Faces + 80 Phrases
Manga Moods: 40 Faces + 80 Phrases
by Saori Takarai
Price: $9.99
98 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars So adorable!, September 4, 2012
I love this book! It's just very cute to look at. If you're trying to learn to draw manga, this isn't for that purpose. It is full of captions along side the illustration of the mood. There are various characters. (I must say my only complaint is all their hair is way to similar. It would have been cool to have some variation in hair styles. But such a minor complaint.)

I find this an excellent reference for drawing facial expressions too. I highly recommend this book if you love cute things or just manga in general. haha

Page: 1 | 2